r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

If they fix the FPS problems I can counter the infection issue by placing weapon caches or Medical tents FULL of antibiotics. This patch however has really put me off Dayz in past days. :(

Same here. I feel like the standalone will fix everything.

If anything the standalone will be harder gameplay-wise! I hope at least!

Edited by Zarniwoop

That's kind of the point of the SA, the mod is always going to have issues because it's a mod. Don't expect the SA to be easy though, survival-wise expect more of a challenge.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

FPS problems are one thing but i for one will never play on a server that spawns 1000's of antibiotics just because the mod got harder.

Chuck Morris would not be proud.

It's just the reaction of my player base. I can't exactly turn around and say "No".

It's just the reaction of my player base. I can't exactly turn around and say "No".

you've created a MONSTER!!!

• Like 1

Agreed, keeping your playerbase happy is an almost impossible balancing act so I feel your pain. Sometimes though you do have to put your foot down otherwise you'll just be another server with hundreds of cars etc because "that's what people want".

Your could just lower the infection chance. Not really worth it now but yea.

Is it just me or is it possible that loot doesn't spawn if you run to the spawn place (like if you drive with a car nothing spawns). Because i just hate it when i run away from zombies and this way nothing spawns...

Agreed, keeping your playerbase happy is an almost impossible balancing act so I feel your pain. Sometimes though you do have to put your foot down otherwise you'll just be another server with hundreds of cars etc because "that's what people want".

I'm going to be lynched for this but I agree with them. We're going to just make antibiotics a little bit more common I think. Maybe make our AI squads carry Antibiotics if they're a hero.

May as well wait now.

Matt has the patch

Yeah I'm waiting to see what you guys deliver before making changes regarding antibs.

I dont get this problem that people are having...

I havent got infected even I have got hitten like million times, running through city. Zeds doesnt seem much differend, only you cant run around them so much without getting hit. Also I find loot spawning as good as while back... O.o

I havent got infected even I have got hitten like million times, running through city. Zeds doesnt seem much differend, only you cant run around them so much without getting hit. Also I find loot spawning as good as while back... O.o

You sure you're not still playing on the old patch? :lol: :beans:

• Like 4

Yes if you're clever you won't get infected easily. I also got hit very many times before I got infected. After that it was pure survival killing zombies and getting food for a long time. Now in my third life in this patch i think I got a good plan against the infection to survive against it while I'll carry it.

Well it strikes me as obvious that not everyone will experience the tenacity of infections so easily. There are calculated chances of getting one (or not). But I think it's safe to say that the majority find the infection rate a little high. I personally think its about right to be honest, if spawn piles worked properly at present then anti-biotics would be in good supply to counteract infections anyway. I really like the increase in difficulty when trying to lose Z's, makes them much more challenging, especially to the campers, which is great news all round.

Welcome to the concept of chance. You might not get infected, but someone else might be getting infected constantly on the first hit.

Edited by Cadian412

To be honest, all you have to do is hide in a pine tree while being chased by zombies. Or run into a building with two entrances and run out of the other side while zombies get stuck inside. All of this still works, and all you have to do if find a melee weapon and you're totally fine(assuming you're skilled).

You can't put machette back onto tool belt once removed either.

I think a good common ground would be to basically make it so that it's harder to get zombies to start chasing you if you're sneaking (give more reward for player actions and put more control in their hands) but keep the same LoS checks we currently have

I totally agree with that idea

• Like 2

I think a good common ground would be to basically make it so that it's harder to get zombies to start chasing you if you're sneaking (give more reward for player actions and put more control in their hands) but keep the same LoS checks we currently have

I totally agree with that idea

DISCLAIMER A) first two paragraphs have nothing really relevant in them. B) all numbers taken from Dayzdb.com I'm unsure how accurate they are. C) my math might not be perfect, I welcome someone to check my work. D) I have not looked at the code, I'm a complete dunce when it comes to stuff like that.

Been playing 1.7.7 for probably ten hours or so. I really like most of the changes such as the journal, the gear counter in cars and tents, and the viral zombies and infection chance. However aside from glitching off the ladder of a hospital once (while looking for antibiotics) I have died to infection every time, which IMO is not a bad thing...zombie apocalypse means the chances are good you'll get infected and die a horribly slow and painful death.

Once I'm infected i just start raging, I put away my hatchet...machete has already been dropped cause it takes 10 slots in backpack and cannot be re-added to toolbelt. And just start shooting zombies with whatever gun I have until they eventually get me.

The first few times I scavenged for anti's...I looked in hospitals, Firestations, houses, and industrial because every place that can spawn military loot can spawn anti's too, at least according to Dayzdb.com After my third or fourth death, each time getting infected a of couple hours into gameplay after spending a lot of time very carefully looting and avoiding zombies as best I could I decided I needed to do a wee bit of math. So for anyone who cares:

Each spawn point at a hospital, of which there are twelve has a 40% chance of spawning anything at all - a 49.5% chance of spawning hospital loot - and a 4.76% chance of spawning antibiotics So what are the chances of actually finding antibiotics in a hospital? First we convert the percentage into decimals where a value of 1=100%. Then we multiply, because to find antibiotics you must find loot, and that loot must be hospital loot, and the hospital loot must be made up of antibiotics. Therefore

.4 x .495 x .0476 = .00942 or .942% chance that a SINGLE of the TWELVE loot spawns in a hospital will have antibiotics. Multiply by 12 and you get 11.31% percent chance of a hospital having antibiotics at one of its 12 loot spawn points. Doesn't seem so bad if you have about 150 minutes to kill loot farming a hospital over and over again...doesn't seem that fun either...

On the other end of spectrum. one of those residential houses that you cannot enter but the doorway will sometimes spawn stuff.

again a 40% chance of anything at all spawning. 4.76% chance of military loot, if military loot there is a .98% chance of it being antibiotics

.4 x .0476 x .0098 = .000187 which is .0187% (almost two out of every ten thousand) chance of finding antibiotics in a single residential spawn (this does not include school/office because there is only a 20% chance of loot there, not 40% chance.

For an industrial. Many have 30% loot spawn chances and 6.49% military loot and again military loot has .98% chance of spawning antibiotics

.3 x .0649 x. .0098 = .00019 which is .019% chance of a single industrial spawn point having antibiotics (about the same as a residential point, 2 out of 10 thousand.)

After tirelessly searching for meds only to find none, over and over and over again, the learned helplessness was sure starting to sink in, now that I know the odds, I feel much better.

This is simply to offer some perspective on the relative scarcity or prevalence, depending on your point of view, of antibiotics, I'm not sure whether this is good or bad, and to all those who already know this information, sorry I've wasted your time. But to me this simply means, no tent + no antibiotics + infection means death basically 100% of the time, maybe thats good, maybe its bad, again, it depends what sort of video game you like to play, and NO, I"M NOT SAYING GO PLAY COD ... to all those people who spout that over and over again, ugh..no beans for any of you, ever. And no, I do not think there should be antibiotics around every corner, or zombies who run away from you instead of chase you (even though they often run away from you for a little bit while they get oriented

haha) But I do think that it needs some adjustment.

EDIT: Hotfix 1.7.7.1 looks like it will change infection rates slightly to make it a little easier. so a lot of what bothered me in 1.7.7 might be fixed. Thanks Devteam!

Edited by dimitri3p0
  • Like 3

My problem is this...

At the Northern Military barracks in the NW airfield, Its the middle of the night, I sneak in completely undetected, sitting at the end of the hallway completely still, and watch as at least 10+ Zeds just continue to spawn and "randomly" make their way to the building, walk right in the front door and down the hall right at me. This happened within 30-45 seconds of me entering the barracks.

Im at Devils Castle, checking out the new HV Military, Again, sneak in completely undetected in the dark, walk up the stairs into the tower, stand there for 15-20 seconds, and watch out the door as 5+ zeds make their way to the stairs and start coming up at me like they had seen me all along.

No way ANY zeds saw me on either occasion, but "randomly" come straight at me.

Whats the point of sneaking around taking substantially more time to get anywhere if in the end they still have some magical tractor beam on you when you enter a spawnable area???

• Like 3

This topic is no longer needed download the hotfix.

Thx Razor sorry if i was late on the response just got home from camping ;)

We have no such mechanic in game that spawns stuff to just attack you after being spotted.

My original example got diluted down to the hypothetical you are referring to. I was trying to make my original point clearer with an example to another poster. This is essentially what I was talking about:

What about when I'm in a city and five zombies are in the area, far and nearer, of a "one car garage" or "shed" (the one big door one little door building). I find two zombies in the garage, so I take the risk of shooting one. How do 8 or more zombies appear in the garage in about three seconds? Where did the rest come from...not to mention how did the farther away zombies get there just as fast as the nearer zombies? Because it seems there are, unseen in the area before, new zombs spawning just outside the garage.

The unending congo lines that keep spawning in two different lines, from 50m away, and all beeline for the one enterable cabin. Breaks realism and makes the cabin, especially near starting areas, unlootable. Never less than one zomb in there at any time. Once I got in there, just to see what would happen, and sure enough it's a death trap.

Zombies that spawn fron 16m away, about three at a time coming from different directions, when I stop in the woods to build a fire. All, usually crawling, straight for my position. By this time, I at least have an axe, so it's not "hard". But they certainly were not there before I built the fire. I like zombs seeing my fire, but not three and spawning so close. More to do with "realism" true to the game than "difficulty".

One more: I enter the two entrance red brick "house" with two rooms, each opposite one another from the main hall. There might be about four zombies very close to it, but facing different directions. I enter undetected. Once I'm in there looting, four or more zombs all start entering the house from both entrances. How or why do they all decide to enter the house. They didn't see me. This is more of a problem without a melee weapon. I CAN sometimes get out ok without one, but again this seems to be "unfair" added "difficulty".

Also, sorry I can't stop, is the lack of starting area melee weapons. There used to be a ridiculous amount, now they are soooooo scarce, even around farms. With all the zomb additions and the loot rollbacks, I wish melee weapon spawns could be upped. I don't really want to see them back where they were, five in one barn was too many, but a bit more now that we need them so much. I don't think this is an unrealistic "advantage" since trying to hit four zombies attacking, since you need to hit that sweet spot to kill, you will get hit.

On a positive note, I've never had to throw a can or bottle before, now I'm throwing them as fast as I can get them.

Thanks for you time. I appreciate it. :)

Edited by need matches