r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

Just tried playing again, and it's really problematic the way zombies are literally guarding loot now. Might be fine if you have a weapon but as a fresh spawn it's impossible to do anything about it.

• Like 2

I just wanted to say that I took a break for awhile and came back a couple days ago.

Everything that you have added to the game is perfect. The game was too easy before and now it actually is a challenge to survive.

The only thing I cant stand is Sidechat. There has to be a system to replace that.... like radios or something.

Thanks for the hardwork.

Edited by JosephPowers

The only thing I cant stand is Sidechat. There has to be a system to replace that.... like radios or something.

It's called Teamspeak3, Mumble, Ventrilo...or even ACRE. No need to re-invent the wheel.

I think the mod developers need to be careful of knee jerk reactions to this new update. There are a lot of people who play dayz thinking that they can just get away with whatever they want. If you want that kind of game go back to Call of Duty.

This game started on the realism/survialistic aspect and the fact that there are lots of players leaving in droves proves that there are a lot of people that really shouldn't even be playing this game. The ones that complain that 1.7.7 is to hard and just want to roll around shooting people at will need to think again. The patch is a good start, i think it needs some tweaking but its going to force players that dont care about survival to leave.

The ones that remain are the real strength of this game who were around in the beginning and who will remain here so keep it up devs. And thanks for making moves like this. I really respect developers who are will to piss people off like this it takes a lot of guts..

Edited by trinsic

What I can't understand is that the mod and the standalone are drifting apart more and more. The mod is getting more action based with every patch: More Military, more Spawns, more Vehicles, etc...

On the other hand in the standalone you will be happy to build a sling shot or something. If the games are drifting apart more I think its guaranteed that people will become frustrated in the standalone. I like the action part in Dayz with Zombies as a barrier that tries to block me from killing other people, if I want to play player vs. environment, I gonna play singleplayer...

I think this train is running upon close a cliff...

You are running off the cliff. You have been playing a game that has for the most part broken zombies, now its fixed for the post poart maybe you should go back to COD?

Amen......Super Zombies is NOT the answer. They track you through everything and when you try and fight, they get super speed and dart back behind you constantly. Zombies are supposed to be somewhat stupid, not members of MENSA. The infection thing is a little ridiculous now....infected 3 times in a 1/2 hour by SUPER MENSA ZEDS because you can't loose them or fight them off. Wrong execution of the right idea. tweak it a little.

And dont forget, they punch like Iron Mike Tyson...

To be honest, all you have to do is hide in a pine tree while being chased by zombies. Or run into a building with two entrances and run out of the other side while zombies get stuck inside. All of this still works, and all you have to do if find a melee weapon and you're totally fine(assuming you're skilled).

I think the mod developers need to be careful of knee jerk reactions to this new update. There are a lot of people who play dayz thinking that they can just get away with whatever they want. If you want that kind of game go back to Call of Duty.

This game started on the realism/survialistic aspect and the fact that there are lots of players leaving in droves proves that there are a lot of people that really shouldn't even be playing this game. The ones that complain that 1.7.7 is to hard and just want to roll around shooting people at will need to think again. The patch is a good start, i think it needs some tweaking but its going to force players that dont care about survival to leave.

Next time try to read what people are actually saying, instead of making stuff up.

• Like 1

To be honest, all you have to do is hide in a pine tree while being chased by zombies. Or run into a building with two entrances and run out of the other side while zombies get stuck inside. All of this still works, and all you have to do if find a melee weapon and you're totally fine(assuming you're skilled).

Sometimes, other times zombies will follow you right out of the building. Also, what if there are no pine trees or open/large buildings?

Edited by Cadian412
  • Like 1

You do realize that in an actual zombie apocalypse everybody would be dead, right?

And what proof do you have of this? Only the stupid and careless people would die in a real Zombie Apocalypse...

Honestly the world needs a zombie apoc to thin out the overwhelming stupidity in the world today.

Edited by Jantr

Breaking line of sight doesn't work that well because zombies somehow know that you've made 90 turn even when they haven't seen that.

• Like 1

what the fuck... what is this ?? is this just another arma 2 update ? WHAT IS GOING ON

Breaking line of sight dosent work like it DID......it works abit more realistically now you just need to keep going and keep putting stuff between you and the zed and you WILL lose them ,its just not village idiot easy anymore[not calling you an idiot btw that's just how easy it was]. My server has rolled back to 1.7.6.1 so the vocal pvp squads can get their jollys withoput issue and to be honest it feels a lot more boreing now and im just logging in to stockpile antibiotics :P

Edited by smashy
  • Like 2

Do you expect them to have the memory of a goldfish? A mouse, perhaps? Just like you, they can hear, see, and remember. If you run around a corner, it would be humorous if they simply stopped and scratched their head, like they did in 1.7.6. Zombies were a joke before this patch- something to laugh at and get bored with. Now, they are predators, like they were always meant to be. You do know that Dean referred to the zombies as 'Apex Predators'... don't you?

I 'expect' them to behave in a manner that is consistent with their detection mechanics. If I break line of sight, continue to move in an unobtrusive manner and find a hiding place , I expect the aggro'd zed to travel to where he last saw/heard me and then lose aggro. Not continue to run to the exact spot I am hiding, where an unantagonized zed may pass within spitting distance without noticing me. That mechanic has been working perfectly in DayZ Lingor for several versions now, and to the best of my understanding that is actually how the devs intend for detection and aggro to work.

During my playthough it seems in my understanding that the line-of-sight for aggravated zeds is not functioning properly. I have experimented by leading zeds into a building, crouch-walking through the house and laying prone outside. The zombies inside the house should travel to the last place they detected me, crouch-walking out the back door and breaking line of sight with them. The zombies outside can and do flank around and try and cut me off; however if I have gotten clear and am laying prone a safe distance away, they should run around the outside and enter the house, because the last place they detected me was entering the building. Why? Because crouch-walking through a building and laying prone outside do not normally provoke aggro from zeds outside and thus are times when I am undetected. What is actually happening is that zeds that flank around the outside will make a beeline for my current position, regardless of how visible I am and whether they've seen me at that location before.

Edited by _Gunslinger_
  • Like 1

That mechanic has been working perfectly in DayZ Lingor for several versions now, and to the best of my understanding that is actually how the devs intend for detection and aggro to work.

I was particularly curious about this statement, as I'd played Lingor in the past and hadn't been impressed, so I was surprised by that statement. Just took a look at their source code (which is available online) and the LoS checks are character-by-character identical to the DayZ LoS checks.

Any differences between the two are probably purely based on personal perceptions, rather than actual differences. Sorry.

Source: https://github.com/S...it/compiles.sqf

Source 2: The same file, but in DayZ code.

Edit: I should note, however, that I agree on your suggestion. It would, in a perfect world, be ideal to have Zombie AI that behave as realistically as could be expected as in...well...real life. Unfortunately we have to deal with server and code limitations. Hopefully in the Standalone. =)

Edited by Zetal

Extra zombies should not suddenly and MAGICALLY appear OUT OF THIN AIR.

We have no such mechanic in game that spawns stuff to just attack you after being spotted.

LOS has not changed in anyway shape or form all that's changed is the delay in witch it runs from 4 to 6 ticks. Losing zeds is easy as hell we have demoed this system in slow motion many times so have many testers. We are unable to recreate any issue with loot all systems report loot is spawning as it should be our guess is your not looking for the new locations. Open your rpt log file and check

"SpawnCheck Loc.Agents: 26/22. Models: 34/44 W.holders: 35/44 (radius:200m 20fps)."

"SpawnCheck Loc.Agents: 26/26. Models: 46/52 W.holders: 36/52 (radius:200m 29fps)."

"SpawnCheck Loc.Agents: 26/26. Models: 47/53 W.holders: 38/53 (radius:200m 29fps)."

"SpawnCheck Loc.Agents: 26/22. Models: 47/44 W.holders: 40/44 (radius:200m 20fps)."

"SpawnCheck Loc.Agents: 26/22. Models: 47/45 W.holders: 42/45 (radius:200m 20fps)."

Red = Zeds

Green = Loot drops ( this includes anything you drop.)

We are waiting on Matt to clear the hotfix

• Like 1

%appdata%../Local/ArmA 2 OA/arma2oa.RPT

C:\Users\Your windows User\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA/arma2oa.RPT

Make sure you disable hidden folders.

%appdata%../Local/ArmA 2 OA/arma2oa.RPT

C:\Users\Your windows User\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA/arma2oa.RPT

Make sure you disable hidden folders.

i dont get it i found it but what do i do?

You guys need to update the main page so it says 1.7.7 cause Multiplay isnt going to allow updates till it comes up on the main page talking to them is like talking to a brick wall

Hotfix? Been out of it for a few days, what page or thread has details of the hotfix? Cannot find...threads so long...

* [uPDATED] - More reliable loot spawns.

Well thats ambiguous :P

Appart from that seems good.

Edited by Trizzo

My only criticism is way too many heli wrecks. We literally have found numerous wrecks (4-6) all clustered in a very small area.

I think that's a server issue and not caused by the latest patch. Amount of simultaneous helicrash sites etc are limited as far as I know it, but my friend's private hive server (still using previous version) had same issue of every possible crash site being filled with heli's. Restarting the server seemed to fix the issue, but if he did something to files/settings I'm not aware of it. Edited by Kuikka

If they fix the FPS problems I can counter the infection issue by placing weapon caches or Medical tents FULL of antibiotics. This patch however has really put me off Dayz in past days. :(

FPS problems are one thing but i for one will never play on a server that spawns 1000's of antibiotics just because the mod got harder.

Chuck Morris would not be proud.

• Like 2