r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

In my opinion, Hospitals Should not have the abundance of loot they use to have. For example the bloodbags in the hospitals ranged from 15-20, every 20 minutes, NOW thats too much.

I hate 1.7.7, the inflection is too strong, the food and medical supply are rare,so I keep focus on 1.7.6.1

I said that, until i realized that Your Not supposed to have everything just handed to you like in 1.7.6.1 1.7.7 adds immersion and a challenge. Zombies are no longer "oops i got hit, no big deal" they are now like "Fuck i got hit, oh shit im infected! we need to get me antibiotics!" Now im not saying the game should be like the movies, but in the movies, a guy gets scratched, He's a Zombie within Hours to Minutes. Now also, in my opinion, If you die from zombies eating you or something along them lines, then You should Rise from the dead "Keeping the Backpack on, but leaving the gun unless its in your backpack, and they should act as any other zombie. agree?

• Like 1

this what a lot of people are thinking of the new patch are they right or are they wrong?? lets here your side more from private hive admins too

http://opendayz.net/...m-rocket.11269/

I've experienced a backlash from the new patch from the majority of our regular players, some of them including me have stopped playing. We usually get 30-40 players but now since 1.7.7 we'll struggle to get 20.

* [REMOVED] - Zeds will no longer spawn while in vehicles.

I've always thought this was one of the major causes of FPS problems in Dayz. If we have 40-50 people online on our server and 10 of them have vehicles in which all 10 of them are in separate towns/cities then the amount of zombies sprinting simultaneously surely has to be one of the root causes of frame issues.

Edited by Victus Mortuus
  • Like 1

I've experienced a backlash from the new patch from the majority of our regular players, some of them including me have stopped playing. We usually get 30-40 players but now since 1.7.7 we'll struggle to get 20.

If that is indeed the case then I forsee great crying in the forums over DayZ Standalone!! Late Edit: More so if these people do not play because of the difficulty and not the bugs.

Bet you my pants! (again) :P

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 1

If that is indeed the case then I forsee great crying in the forums over DayZ Standalone!! Bet you my pants! (again) :P

For reasons of;

Tent bugs

FPS problems

Infection rates

Ammo disappearing

• Like 1

Yes sorry about that! :P Edited a bit too late!

anyone know why the dayzmod.com mainpage is not showing the new update... and why news isnt working?

anyone know why the dayzmod.com mainpage is not showing the new update... and why news isnt working?

probably cause 1.7.7 is crap. Some good ideas sure, but horribly executed imo.

• Like 3

There must be some sort of glitch with the new update as in my and everyone else that i have asked's opinion it is much below average. It takes about 3 shots to the head with any gun and it seems to be taking a huge amount of bullets to the body. There is also the fact of getting infected in one hit from a zombie and getting knocked over every hit. Also when you knocked down it takes ages to be able to stand up. This is happening on every server that i go on and it is unbearable. Please fix it :(

• Like 1

Adapt, stop running through the middle of towns. Avoid zeds use cover and sneak, if you get chased lose aggro and then try looting again.

• Like 1

TL;DR Rest in a tent to cure infection.

The stunning blond guy (SmashT) turned me on to the "rest" option on a deployed tent, so now I carry a tent and have cured myself multiple times using it. I'm fairly loaded but prefer an ax/machete to a gun now and I've killed more z's than I can count.

To cure yourself:

1. Deploy tent
  2. Select "rest"
  3. If cured, pack tent and continue game.
  4. If not, wait 5 minutes before retrying step 2.

I had to rinse and repeat 6 times last night and was shaking and near death when finally cured. I went on another killing spree and after eating 3 cans of beans, I'm now I'm just blurry but not shaking.

Tried playing some more but it's just not fun anymore. I don't really care about less loot and stronger zombies, I think those are good ideas in general (although they can still use a lot of tweaking: the infection situation is obviously a huge problem, and there should be a little more melee weapons, and less ammo and smoke grenades/flares which I'm finding virtually everywhere).

The big problem is just the ridiculous aggro of the zombies and the cheating they do to find you. You can try sneaking as much as you can, but with the stupidly far sight and hearing of the zombies means it's near impossible not to aggro them eventually. Even at night they will still randomly aggro you when not visible and not making sound. The spawns are also ridiculous. I'm constantly seeing zombies spawning literally on top of loot. And they tend to just stand and sit there forever.

It's almost impossible to lose zombies quickly now. You can try running up hills and through large building (which makes for really boring and tedious gameplay) but even then when you lose them they still often manage to magically track you down. You can run far away from a spot, but they will still know exactly where you went, even when lying prone and out of sight.

The developers should really tone down or completely rework the aggro and chase system. Because at this point I really don't consider the game playable anymore unless you're a masochist.

• Like 2

TL;DR Rest in a tent to cure infection.

By then you first need to actually find a tent of course.

I had to rinse and repeat 6 times last night and was shaking and near death when finally cured. I went on another killing spree and after eating 3 cans of beans, I'm now I'm just blurry but not shaking.

This is another issue. With the increased infection system there's a much higher chance you will end up at least mortally wounded at some point. Which isn't in itself the biggest problem if you can cure yourself or barely keep yourself alive.

But when you couple low health (and thus low chance of survival), with the probabilty of not having any gear worth keeping, AND the low health status effects (especially the super annoying blur fade in and out), why would you continue playing? You're just giving yourself a headache to try and keep an almost worthless character alive while you could just let yourself be killed and start anew.

• Like 1

Hi there

I don´t understand why so much crying...this is a SURVIVAL game, and all the people´s moaning is about all the situations that will happend in a SURVIVAL situation...what do you expect? supermarkets full of stuff to the roof? friendly zombies that give you food if you give them some brain? or better you expect that every zombie that you kill have ab, pk and some extra ammo? every vehicle that you find must be ready to use and full of fuel?

After this patch this game is a survival again.

If you want to jump in for 30 min to kill some players you already have buy that game is call ARMA and it comes with WASTELAND go there and have your fix, otherwise...ADAPT & SURVIVE..

I´ll love the patch and I really dig the new solution to treat the infection. Can´t wait to test it out.

Than you for the patch!

Bye.

-M.

MMO's dont give you everything in 20 mins. You need to work for everything.

Then make guns harder to get, and zeds harder to kill but give up on their superman's powers !!

I am loving the patch so far. It's back to the tense survival game I loved when DayZ first came out.

After a couple days playing sporadically, I'm kitted out decently. I have a Ghillie suit, Coyote backpack, M16/203, map/matches/knife/axe/light. My pack and inventory are full, since I found a crashed Huey with a 5.56 box and 2 antibiotics. I then found another 2 antibiotics in a lone shack spawn in the middle of field.

I got out of the cities as fast as I could after the first couple lives. Ran up coast, went through Berezhino, and then went inland.

Zombies are harder to lose, but not impossible. If you break LOS and then move to prone or crouch and move slowly, you can lose some of them.

Pine Trees and large bushes will also break them off you, although not as easy as before. If I get a zed on me, I will move to a pine tree, and crouch or prone under it. Then move to other side, crouch, and move in a crouch run to another bush or tree and around it. This will usually lose the Zed on me.

You can also just move under a tree, and wait a while for the Zed to lose aggro and move off on it's own.

I have been hit by the FPS issues, random slide show events where my meager FPS drops into the single digits.

I wish I could find an entrenching tool and one more sandbag, I'd love to try out one of the new caches.

Anyways, thumbs up for me. I'm loving this patch.

PS.. when looking for loot... look EVERYWHERE now. Move into an area, then go outside the perimeter and come back. I've had loot not spawn unless I did this.

Loot will spawn on house steps and stoops where none did in previous patches.

Hi there

I don´t understand why so much crying...this is a SURVIVAL game,

Because people aren't enjoying themselves, is that so hard to understand?

You might like this patch and that's good for you, but others disagree.

and all the people´s moaning is about all the situations that will happend in a SURVIVAL situation...what do you expect? supermarkets full of stuff to the roof? friendly zombies that give you food if you give them some brain? or better you expect that every zombie that you kill have ab, pk and some extra ammo? every vehicle that you find must be ready to use and full of fuel?

You do realize that in an actual zombie apocalypse everybody would be dead, right? The developers have to try and strike a balance between hard and easy, surviving and dying, challenge and reward. With this patch, a lot of people think the pendulum has swung to far to the other side.

• Like 1

I encourage people interested to read my previous post on this thread regarding the number of changes that are NOT REALISTIC.

I'll sum up some basic things here, because this post is getting more "harder is realistic" posts. No. It's not. When difficulty is pumped in to the degree that it breaks the rules of the game world, then it is contrived and UNREALISTIC.

I should be able to lose agro when, running around houses, I get two to three turns ahead. Now they just use ESP to STILL find you despite sight being broken twice in a row.

Entering an empty house unseen, with minimal zombies wandering about, but then when I'm in the house, five zombies enter using both entrances.

Zombies spawning closely when you start a fire. Are they coming out of the ground now?

Tiny tiny starting area villages are simply, harder to loot than Cherno. It's so ridiculous now, I just laugh at the game and shake my head.

Lack of melee weapons even around farms and rural areas. With the amount of changes, don't minimalize essential starting gear.

Read my last post for more.

The new difficulty needs to make sense. Some here are STILL making comments like, "oh, you're impatient," "go play CoD," and "thank god cherno is a ghost town".

Really? You don't see what's wrong in this patch? So, unfair to the game and player changes are ok, as long as Cherno is a ghost town? Who sounds like the whiny ones? And it's because there's no loot in the cities anymore. That's why.

Giving zombies immersion breaking powers isn't the answer folks. We welcome more difficulty. This just isn't the way.

Edited by need matches
  • Like 4

why did you remove the m107 and as50 now what can we use on choppas?

For the machine guns to hit you the heli has to stay relatively still with the gunner exposed to you. I've been shot out from the gunner seat with a DMR before.

Because people aren't enjoying themselves, is that so hard to understand?

Actually yes, because then they are playing the wrong game, they aren´t adapting, they aren´t trying...this game put a situation and ask you to deal with it...if you aren´t finding the joy on that...then this is not hte game that you must play.

You might like this patch and that's good for you, but others disagree.

You do realize that in an actual zombie apocalypse everybody would be dead, right? The developers have to try and strike a balance between hard and easy, surviving and dying, challenge and reward. With this patch, a lot of people think the pendulum has swung to far to the other side.

Not every body...probably all will end up dead, but until that someones will have the choice to deal with the situation and at the end will survive the one who was able to find the way around the problems... it seems to me that is the situation here: or you adapt yourself to the giving situation of find a bush and cry all your tears out about life being unfair...at the end, all will be dead is just a matter of how and when :)

-M.

For the machine guns to hit you the heli has to stay relatively still with the gunner exposed to you. I've been shot out from the gunner seat with a DMR before.

I have shot down more than one helicopter by empting an M14 into their tail rotor when they came into range. More often than not players will eject in panic at which point they're basically pinatas.

Zombies are harder to lose, but not impossible. If you break LOS and then move to prone or crouch and move slowly, you can lose some of them.

Pine Trees and large bushes will also break them off you, although not as easy as before. If I get a zed on me, I will move to a pine tree, and crouch or prone under it. Then move to other side, crouch, and move in a crouch run to another bush or tree and around it. This will usually lose the Zed on me.

You can also just move under a tree, and wait a while for the Zed to lose aggro and move off on it's own.

These methods are very unreliable and can get you infected or dead. Hiding in a bush/pinetree is especially dangerous as even if you remain perfectly still, Zeds will circle the tree trying to find an angle to get you (and often will find one), and generally refuse to lose interest. I'm not sure if it's working as intended or whether the latest features are interfering with the LOS mechanics.

• Like 1

Actually yes, because then they are playing the wrong game, they aren´t adapting, they aren´t trying...this game put a situation and ask you to deal with it...if you aren´t finding the joy on that...then this is not hte game that you must play.

No, i was finding a lot of joy in this game before this patch. I just think the aggro, stealth and chase mechanics were already pretty broken and with this patch have become even worse. To the point of the game just not being fun anymore. If I was able to succesfully loot places without constantly aggroing zombies, or at least being able to lose them properly, I would be perfectly fine. But the current system makes it next to impossible to loot without aggroing and makes trying to lose zombies incredibly, incredibly tedious and annoying. And even if you do lose them, they still sometimes magically appear behind your back a minute after your lost them because of the magic tracking ability zombies possess.

Edited by Cadian412
  • Like 2

No, i was finding a lot of joy in this game before this patch. I just think the aggro, stealth and chase mechanics were already pretty broken and with this patch have become even worse. To the point of the game just not being fun anymore. If I was able to succesfully loot places without constantly aggroing zombies, or at least lose them somehow, I would be perfectly fine. But the current system make it next to impossible to loot without aggroing and make trying to lose zombies incredibly, incredibly tedious and annoying. And even if you do lose them, they still sometimes magically appear behind your back a minute after your lost them because of the magic tracking ability zombies possess.

You make it sound like the things that are happening to you are unavoidable. If that's the case, how are there so many people with different experiences than you, that are thoroughly enjoying themselves, like myself?

As Gunslinger said, this is very unreliable and dangerous. Plus it's obviously just a different kind of gamey tactics that shouldn't really be in the game.

You make it sound like the things that are happening to you are unavoidable. If that's the case, how are there so many people with different experiences than you, that are thoroughly enjoying themselves, like myself?

By all means, if you have suggestions of how to succesfully avoid aggroing zombies or lose aggro please post them. Even better, post a video of yourself succesfully playing the game so we can learn from your superior skills.