willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

yay for server crashes on the first day

who cares :D I just want to have a key .... my heart finally calm down

Guys what is your opinion on the vehicles topic? I think that they should add the old vehicles at start and the new when they are ready. Dayz without vehicles will be a nightmare for 1 reason, the map will be useless and small, airfields will be abandoned and everyone will go on cherno. I tweeted Dean twice about this topic because it is really important. They either have to release the old ones or just balance this because there are some problems they can avoid and they won't if they will wait 2 months for vehicles.

Guys what is your opinion on the vehicles topic? I think that they should add the old vehicles at start and the new when they are ready. Dayz without vehicles will be a nightmare for 1 reason, the map will be useless and small, airfields will be abandoned and everyone will go on cherno. I tweeted Dean twice about this topic because it is really important. They either have to release the old ones or just balance this because there are some problems they can avoid and they won't if they will wait 2 months for vehicles.

I don't think its important at all ... I never really use them, and have a really nice time with good old "search and destroy", so....

But Dude the problem is that the arfield will be empty otherwise I don't mind at all as well! It's something like an expansion of the map that will become useless.

Ok, I finally log back in to the forums to give some 2 cents of mine...basically all I can afford. I wonder how many times the same stupid questions were asked...

I keep wondering how many people can be such dumb jacka**** and mock Dean Hall for going on a once-in-a-lifetime trip, just because this might delay the time they can have their gaming experience...hello? I myself am constantly pissed off by people who usually complain about me not being at work when I have just had a two-week holiday-experience...yay, suckers, ya know? Suck my ****! ... this community seems a bit immature at times, and I apologize for my strong language in this post, but wtf is wrong with some of you guys?

Next: I want to play this game as much as anyone, have played dayZ the mod since May? last year, and got annoyed as hell by hackers and stuff. But does anyone believe this game cannot be hacked? Some hacker I know just shrugged and said "anything can be hacked somehow." and that was it for him. But I do HOPE, really, that this is a really rare thing in the SA, for it spoils everything.

So in conclusion: I will indeed patiently wait for a game that has eliminated these possibilities, that is more performance-optimized, that has critical bad-mechanics (like zombies spawning around players only) fixed, that offers Zeds which are a real threat and buildings that are enterable, making the game more into awhat it once was when I started playing...a hostile environment, creepy soundtrack, creepy Zeds, uncertainty if someone would turn out to be of help or just shoot you for a bottle of coke and a can of beans...a frustrating, but exciting adventure, that could lead to some really interesting situations, some very interesting social interaction. I still skype and chat with some of the people I met in the game. It was awesome. And if waiting a month longer to bring back the basics that should have been there but could not be in the mod, I will wait. I have waited for more than ten years for Starcraft II to come out though, I really do hope the standalone does not go down this road... ;-)

Adressing vehicles: I think they should definitely NOT be in the Alpha-release if they are as badly and stupidly done as in Arma II. Seriously, all the driving mechanics was basically a pile of crap, the damage model was a joke, the vehicles broke over stuff that you coukld do 100 times with a real car and it wouldnt hurt it, but it was no problem jumping down a cliff as long as your vehicle didnt turn. But oh, drive into a pine tree with 20 km/h and your car will NUKE. Please, redo them completely, and just put them back in ASAP...but f*** the old ones...

• Like 1

Steam summer sale possibly will start in a few hours. O_O

But Dude the problem is that the arfield will be empty otherwise I don't mind at all as well! It's something like an expansion of the map that will become useless.

Why would it be empty? 90% of the players walk their way there, it's just the lazy ass CoD kiddies that will stay on the beach.

I think you didn't understand what I said at all mate. It will be empty means that there will be NO vehicles in it so it will be 50% useless why people would go on AIRfield without AIRvehicles. I know there are weapons there but Why not getting them by CRASHES?

I think you didn't understand what I said at all mate. It will be empty means that there will be NO vehicles in it so it will be 50% useless why people would go on AIRfield without AIRvehicles. I know there are weapons there but Why not getting them by CRASHES?

Oh, right. In the mod I (and my friends) visit airfields just to gear up, and vehicles are just a secondary target.

IMO it's still better to re-build the vehicle system from scratch than spend time to port the old vehicles to the standalone engine.

• Like 1

In SA you can't find guns so easy, and you can't get loot from crashes ... sa going to be hard, not like a counter strike where in every barn you have sniper rifle and stuff... You become a real scаvenger, the whole world wants to kill you, not just people and zombies ... And you know ... we wait too long .... few weeks without vehicles just nothing man)

I understand how DayZ Alpha needs all the time it can get, it shouldn't be rushed and we should respect the dev's decisions to increase the work load on the game and postpone it's release in-order to secure its reliability as a working game.

But keeping so quiet after failing to reach, yet another half-hearted dead-line is just rude, man.

• Like 1

I understand how DayZ Alpha needs all the time it can get, it shouldn't be rushed and we should respect the dev's decisions to increase the work load on the game and postpone it's release in-order to secure its reliability as a working game.

But keeping so quiet after failing to reach, yet another half-hearted dead-line is just rude, man.

What deadline? :huh:

• Like 1

I heard that only 50,000 keys will be released in the first wave but didn't know if that changed. It sounds like if everyone wanted one they would need to give out more than that. Just wanted to make sure I'd be able to have a chance to try it when it comes out. Thanks guys!

This isnt the case anymore they reject this idea and now it would be a full release.

Let's just hope that after june the interest in DayZ and zombie games won't wear off...

Its already started severely wearing off DayZ, now its going on to other games like 'Rust' being produced by Facepunch Studios, I got an Alpha key for it and its amazing. Rocket said he doesn't care if the hype is wearing off DayZ and would actually prefer it. Well he got what he wanted, but I don't think he expected other amazing games that just needed an opportunity like that to snag enough people to make a difference to make DayZ not the most unique/best Survival MMO out there. A shame really, I had high hopes but they have dwindled and gone to a more promising game. I might still play DayZ but I'm looking forward to a lot of other games now and DayZ is low on the list.

• Like 2

Rust really.....? Have to admit the footage i have seen from it looks pretty dam awful. Early stages, but it doesn't even look as impressive as the dayz mod let alone what we have seen on the SA.

• Like 4

What deadline? :huh:

You know what I meant. It's got a point now where I think on back every date given by Rocket and I wonder, "Was he just lying? Who would give out so many dates and not deliver what was predicted... Has every date given out by Rocket been a manipulative lie to achieve a shady goal?".

I For one think he lied about the Christmas release in-order to rush WarZ into their own release, which inevitably caused their ruin, as well as it being a flawed game to begin with.

I dunno, I'd rather hear him say, "We need to work in server security and infrastructure before we release Alpha and we don't know how long it will take".

Rather than, "In the next 2 weeks"

Makes you wonder how truthful he really is. I'm not bashing him, I'm the kind of guy who's sceptical about people who are un-criticised and almost worshipped.

• Like 2

What? Rust looks fantastic. Just because it doesn't strive to be hyper-realistic doesn't make it 'damn awful.'

• Like 1

every date given by Rocket

The only release date he has ever given was December, since then there hasn't been one.

• Like 1

You know what I meant. It's got a point now where I think on back every date given by Rocket and I wonder, "Was he just lying? Who would give out so many dates and not deliver what was predicted... Has every date given out by Rocket been a manipulative lie to achieve a shady goal?".

I For one think he lied about the Christmas release in-order to rush WarZ into their own release, which inevitably caused their ruin, as well as it being a flawed game to begin with.

I dunno, I'd rather hear him say, "We need to work in server security and infrastructure before we release Alpha and we don't know how long it will take".

Rather than, "In the next 2 weeks"

Makes you wonder how truthful he really is. I'm not bashing him, I'm the kind of guy who's sceptical about people who are un-criticised and almost worshipped.

only given one release date.

The only release date he has ever given was December, since then there hasn't been one.

But too many people think differently, i think cause the way he talk about it :D

But too many people think differently, i think cause the way he talk about it :D

Well people should do their due diligence, check the source and stop believing everything gaming websites report as fact, it's almost always misquoted or taken out of context and then given a sensationalist headline. As SausageKing pointed out, these websites are not interested in informing you, only in generating ad revenue.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 3

What? Rust looks fantastic. Just because it doesn't strive to be hyper-realistic doesn't make it 'damn awful.'

WarZ looked fantastic too.

have you just seen the sceenies or actual gamplay footage? Its not about hyper realism its about looking like its been designed for a ps2

Edited by triggy89

WarZ looked fantastic too.

WarZ was a prime example sloppiness and piss poor execution because it wanted to cash in before DayZ could. The Rust devs are in no rush.

have you just seen the sceenies or actual gamplay footage? Its not about hyper realism its about looking like its been designed for a ps2

Really? What's wrong with the PS2? If you seriously only judge a game off of it's graphics, then it's not even worth the half a calorie to type anymore trying to defend the game. Play games for fun dammit.

• Like 1