willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Btw there should be bulletproof west!

there will be...

They're called riot shields for a reason. They are meant for crowd control, protecting from rocks, bottles, etc. They are not meant for firefights, and anyone trying to survive on an island full of "fast zombies" while lugging around a riot shield has to be at least a little retarded.

• Like 2

Has anyone seen a list or heard of the melee items they are putting in the game? Rocket, Im waiting for my zombie killing golfclub. :D

So is there any news whatsoever about a possible release date on this?

And please stop about riot shield talk. Go play MW2 or something if you want a riot sheild fix right now lol

Edited by nicefish

So is there any news whatsoever about a possible release date on this?

And please stop about riot shield talk. Go play MW2 or something if you want a riot sheild fix right now lol

The devs are aiming for a specific week, but have not released when that will be.

The devs are aiming for a specific week, but have not released when that will be.

Well they cant be confident in thier product is all i can say.

^^ Why? I'd say building the game from ground up instead of throwing a price tag on the mod shows they are confident in the game and their development skills.

Edited by Ombra

On the contrary I think the point is they want to REMAIN confident in their product.

• Like 1

On the contrary I think the point is they want to REMAIN confident in their product.

Probably the best post Ive read today :beans:

Been following DayZ Mod and the upcoming Standalone for quite some time, reading forums, Youtube vids, etc. Well, I finally decided to sign in and pipe in. I'll throw my 2 cents in on this...

Dean and Bohemia, awesome job... I have not played the mod, and will not play the mod, although have read and watched about everything there is to do with it. You guys are doing the right thing by pushing the date back, I am super excited to play the DayZ Standalone... So excited that I just ordered the parts to put together about a $1500 or so gaming rig, after being out of the PC scene and mainly just console gaming for about 8+ years. In this day in age, with most companies hurrying to meet deadlines and releasing garbage, people should be happy that Bohemia is striving for better, especially on such a large scale game. Skyrim pissed me off to no end because of the amount of crap wrong with it upon release...

Anyone who says interest in the game is being lost because of the date push back... get real! I am dropping serious coin and specifically building a rig to run DayZ.

Give these guys a break, it is a huge undertaking to deliver a game that the vast majority want to play, unless you've been in that seat, you wouldn't know. And I totally respect them for pushing it back to make sure the game is awesome when released... I mean, I am chomping at the bit waiting for the Alpha to come out (even if I don't get to run it) just for the fact we'll know progress is being made, and may get a few tid bits of info/video from it. From watching hours of interviews with Rocket and about every standalone "leak" and E3 video there is, I am confident these guys are going to develop the game that I have been honestly waiting for... well... forever, and I believe it will only get better from there with their "streaming" update concept. I am fricken pumped. The new ideas for weaponry, loot searching, buildings, working together, trading, etc. will make the game really something unique... and what I look for is replayability, and this I am sure will be.

I can also vouch that the more real, with food, medicine, illnesses, crafting, etc., that they make this, makes me want to play it even more. It takes an intelligent person to play an in depth strategy game and think about more shit that just run and gun... If some people want that, go play Battlefield 3 or COD or some other similar game (And yes, I play BF games).

I, for one, hope the need to trade and generally interact with others is huge and hope it puts a real crimp on the apparent kill on sight mentality... obviously I am sure we'll see banditry and loners, but the increase for friendly, or at least neutral interaction is very welcomed... more like real life situation in the given scenario.

Without anymore senseless rambling, I can't wait to see this all unfold.

• Like 1

You really have no idea.....

Will there be accounts for DayZ SA or are you able to change your name like in the mod?

Meanwhile at Bohemia Interactive:

• Like 1

Meanwhile at Bohemia Interactive:

is this this dubstep everyone's talking about?

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 3

I mean, I am chomping at the bit waiting for the Alpha to come out (even if I don't get to run it) just for the fact we'll know progress is being made, and may get a few tid bits of info/video from it.

Why wouldn't you get to run it!? Your parts will be in soon and you'll be good to go!

I hope they would improve crossbows... They are just friggin awesome but at the current dayz their range is pretty low and the sight sucks...!

Stuff

Well put, I agree totally. Have some beans.

Do you have anything to back that up or are you just making accusations for shits n' giggles?

I hope they would improve crossbows... They are just friggin awesome but at the current dayz their range is pretty low and the sight sucks...!

I think they said they were starting from the ground up for all weapons.

• Like 3

Why wouldn't you get to run it!? Your parts will be in soon and you'll be good to go!

I just remember Rocket saying they weren't sure if Alpha would just be released to a select group, or to the populace... either way, I am good with it... but I would love to give it a run! ;)

I just remember Rocket saying they weren't sure if Alpha would just be released to a select group, or to the populace... either way, I am good with it... but I would love to give it a run! ;)

For now, the plan is that it will be available to everyone immediately which is a big part of why it's been pushed back again.

For now, the plan is that it will be available to everyone immediately which is a big part of why it's been pushed back again.

Oh did it get pushed back again? From what date?

Edit: And you're right. They are doing a full public release of the alpha!

Edited by AnarchyBrownies