willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Star-Trek-TOS-bridge_zps2eb681f0.gif

• Like 3

@Target Practice

Yes because the ammount of work bioshock infinite must take must fucking dwarf the DayZ standalone. You're also forgetting Bioshock infinite has this huge amount of time in development because it's getting released as what's known as a Finished Product, that will only be supported with slight performance patches.

Standalone is a completely different beast in these respects as its not going to be released as a finished project; at all. Like I said it's like Minecraft/

It's swings and roundabouts. Yes, Bioshock Infinite is going to be a single-player experience and therefore require much more developer time... On the same note, they also have a shit-ton more developers, so not entirely sure what your argument is, there. My point was that your implication that just because a game is delayed means it's going to be bad is hilariously misinformed and ill-conceived.

The way I understand it, the model is going to be a little closer to Team Fortress 2, minus the microtransactions. Eventually, once the alpha stage is done, they're going to release a 'finished' game that is (barring the odd patch here and there) complete and worthy of a standalone purchase. From there, they will simply supplement the game with free addons, which could be anything from new vehicles to new maps to new game mechanics. All free of charge.

Either way, I can't really see why you're so furious about this other than the stock standard 'OMFG I HAVE TO WAIT THIS IS BS' internet reaction that everyone was expecting. Hell, we're pretty much in april already. It's two damn months, man, and the mod is here for you to play already... What's the big deal?!

The way I understand it, the model is going to be a little closer to Team Fortress 2...

you mean I'll pay for it, then other people will get for free, but I'll get a hat?

• Like 2

Let's just hope that after june the interest in DayZ and zombie games won't wear off...

I came to dayz a few months ago and don't understand how anyone who started back in Spring 2012 was able to move on to anything else?

Edited by walten34

you mean I'll pay for it, then other people will get for free, but I'll get a hat?

Read the next few words before hitting that 'reply' button, champ. Or stop deliberately trying to misunderstand people's points. ;)

Edited by Target Practice

If I was Rocket and I read this thread, I would imagine myself posting something like this:

Hey guys, yeah, It'll start pre-alpha testing. No release date. Quit being whiney bitches. If you don't like it, design your own zombie survival game. I'm climbing Everest , peace.

PS - Mods, stop acting like star trek nerds. Star wars is better.

xoxo,

Rocket

Edited by ButtHat
  • Like 4

If I was Rocket and I read this thread, I would imagine myself posting something like this:

Hey guys, yeah, It'll start pre-alpha testing. No release date. Quit being whiney bitches. If you don't like it, design your own zombie survival game. I'm climbing Everest , peace.

PS - Mods, stop acting like star trek nerds. Star wars is better.

it'd coincide with his level of professionalism atleast

one of the disappointing things is... we was asking a million times about a timeframe to realease... then he was telling us its done when its done.

and then he is talking to this women "Jessica Conditt" from joystiq.com telling her this new timeframe without saying a single word in the official forums :(

they are to busy blabla, but can give exclusive news to some news site.

what about a devblog telling us what you told her?

to much work? sure... :blush:

i still like you as a developer but im losing faith :(

godspeed :beans:

• Like 4

:blush:

Plenty of ArmA 3 time until then :-)

Although Im suprised he never posted this NEWS on here or reddit first :huh:

Awesome news since my birthday is in Juny and my mother will buy the game for me.

Just kidding. I am old. But still. Birthday, wooo!

• Like 2

Read the next few words before hitting that 'reply' button, champ. Or stop deliberately trying to misunderstand people's points. ;)

I was deliberately trying to make a joke

but honestly I think comparing it to TF2 isn't a good idea

Haha, okay, my bad. Internet sarcasm filter strikes again. :)

Yeah, I was trying to illustrate that kind of 'free updates to a finished game' model as opposed to minecraft's 'updates to a beta until final release' model, and TF2 was the most significant example of that style I could think of.

I'm not taking June as the definitive release date. "It will be done when it's done" is good enough for me.

As far as Rockets Everest trip, people really do need to understand that it's not the same as a vacation. It is literally a life and death undertaking. So I'll personally hang tight and wait patiently for the SA release like an adult, wish Rocket a safe climb, and a pre-emptive congrats on two huge successes.

• Like 1

I respect the DayZ team and Bohemia for not getting money hungry and releasing the game early like that "One Game*" we all know about. Release whenever they feel like it, it means a more satisfied consumer base for DayZ standalone and better gameplay for us. Win-Win.

*( I don't want to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth if they read out loud)

• Like 1

I'll laugh when SA hits and later Arma3 gets a Zombie Mod that ppl will play more.

But we'll just gotta wait till both are out to see the results.

"Hall is looking at a possible Kickstarter-inspired distribution model, where players would pay certain amounts to opt into the alpha and snag other goodies, in tiers."

What does this mean? Is it saying that the alpha is going to come out and you will be able to buy it for say three different prices and the more you pay the more stuff/goodies you will get??? Do they mean in game goodies or like shirts, video of the making of dayz, suff like that. And if its in game stuff isn't that what warz does? They have three tiers where the more you pay the more you get in game. I really hope that I'm wrong and that dayz does not have pay more get more. I always thought that it would be more like minecraft you pay one price and everyone gets the same game, same stuff. I hope that I am just reading in to it too much and that it's probably more like a special edition thing where you just get extra stuff to read and put on your desk.

I would really like to hear what other people think about this.

I wish I could just peace out on a company like this in the middle of the most important project of my life... One that would forever define my career, and the company's... Leaving work unfinished... And not got fired. Instead, they'd work around my personal triumphs and just let me go for a month.

... My corporation complained when I took 2 days off in the middle of a normal work week.

• Like 1

"Hall is looking at a possible Kickstarter-inspired distribution model, where players would pay certain amounts to opt into the alpha and snag other goodies, in tiers."

What does this mean? Is it saying that the alpha is going to come out and you will be able to buy it for say three different prices and the more you pay the more stuff/goodies you will get??? Do they mean in game goodies or like shirts, video of the making of dayz, suff like that. And if its in game stuff isn't that what warz does? They have three tiers where the more you pay the more you get in game. I really hope that I'm wrong and that dayz does not have pay more get more. I always thought that it would be more like minecraft you pay one price and everyone gets the same game, same stuff. I hope that I am just reading in to it too much and that it's probably more like a special edition thing where you just get extra stuff to read and put on your desk.

I'm pretty confident that your fears, while understandable, are unfounded. Rocket has spoken out pretty frequently about his disdain for that particular distribution model, so I imagine that any fringe benefits will be very much out-of-game.

• Like 2

I wish Rocket was more active on these forums like he used to be during the mod development. I'd rather hear stuff like this from him than in some interview that another player had to post about.

I agree 100% this is the DayZ forums and we hear nothing untill either twitter or some other medium spouts out news which should at least have made it onto the OFFICIAL forums for "his" game.

I can deal with June or even next year, hearing it from others is a major let down. I can understand the date and release, but you should never leave your fans out in the cold while other people inform us (Wether reliable sources or not)

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 10

I agree 100% this is the DayZ forums and we hear nothing untill either twitter or some other medium spouts out news which should at least have made it onto the OFFICIAL forums for "his" game.

I can deal with June or even next year, hearing it from others is a major let down. I can understand the date and release, but if you should never leave your fans out in the cold while other people inform us (Wether reliable sources or not)

And I agree 100% with you.

Hearing such an important piece of information from some obscure journo on the net second hand like this is a real kick in the bollocks tbh, why have an official forum if you hardly ever bother posting on it.

Poor form this Rocket I have to say.

Just for the record, the news itself is not the issue for me, release when it's done.

• Like 1

I was wondering the same thing, I assume it will be similar to what they did with ArmA 3 (see here) It certainly wouldn't be any in-game stuff. I'm not sure how tiers would work when it's using the minecraft model though tbh.

I wish I could just peace out on a company like this in the middle of the most important project of my life... One that would forever define my career, and the company's... Leaving work unfinished... And not got fired. Instead, they'd work around my personal triumphs and just let me go for a month.

... My corporation complained when I took 2 days off in the middle of a normal work week.

Well it's not like he surprised them with the trip, it was written into his contact before he got the job as lead dev.

I wish Rocket was more active on these forums like he used to be during the mod development. I'd rather hear stuff like this from him than in some interview that another player had to post about.

Agreed.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

I'm pretty confident that your fears, while understandable, are unfounded. Rocket has spoken out pretty frequently about his disdain for that particular distribution model, so I imagine that any fringe benefits will be very much out-of-game.

I also thought he talked a lot about not wanting to go in that direction. But that is why when I read this I had to know what other people thought.

Everest and the trip is something rocket should do, Hes planned and looked forward to it. Rocket deserves a challenge of his own making, just be safe and come back to this Industry in one piece.

Wether the game comes out after or before is pointless, Its gonna come out.

Everest is not an issue, his safety is.

• Like 4