willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Yeah I know what cancer is, and when someone says "That video gives me cancer", I hardly think they're referring to a destructive phenomenon sweeping across the world.

Thanks for the definition though. I'll be sure to remember that one seeing as you went to all that trouble.

If you wish me to spell it out for you, I can. Though I thought pasting the definition would be sufficient. I may be wrong, reading comprehension just isn't what it used to be these days.

So what's your point dictionary boy?

I asked someone a question and you post up some shit about nouns.

He didn't say it's coming out in June. Why can't people read? He said they were reviewing in June. Please read and listen to the information given carefully, I'll save lot's of confusion in the future.

That makes it worse, not better if you think about it so if you want us to read it better it will just piss us off even more cause that could mean it can come out in august or september or next year and so on.

Edited by GhostWatcher

Lets face reality here boys and girls, once we reach June, there wont be an alpha, simply another "oh yeh sorry but its done when its done".

OMG, shocking ... and what if?

Jesus H Christ, people. It wasn't intended to cause offence. It was a lighthearted jab at the way people are inevitably going to overreact when the game doesn't land in June.

Come on, let's all pretend just for a moment that we're big boys and girls and can understand that just because someone uses cutting oneself as a hypothetical extreme for the sake of a cheap gag that they're not actually trivializing self-harm. Are we really all that sensitive that we now need to start pre-emptively apologizing for something that hasn't even offended anyone yet? :-/

• Like 6

So what's your point dictionary boy?

I asked someone a question and you post up some shit about nouns.

If you're implying I went to some trouble, that was a straight copy+paste, sorry the 'noun' parts distracted you. My point was to read the 3rd definition again.

"an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate" - Hardly refers to world scale.

This, what we're doing right now is cancerous. This behaviour isn't constructive, and is so commonplace that it is hard(impossible) to eradicate, therefore is cancer.

Guess I was just pissed off eariler after reading page upon page (not just this thread/site) of people seemingly unwilling to just read what was in front of them and jumping to baseless conclusions. Was just hoping someone out there (even after a little prod) would gain a +1 reading comprehension.

Edited by Kra

I still don't have a clue what you're on about.

I asked someone else a question about what's ok to say on these forums and you start pasting up bits of the dictionary.

I'd say this is offtopic at best.

If you're talking about the DayZ June thing, then I haven't even commented.

I'm saying if you fail to miss your expected release dates; its fail. I assume Rocket wants to do this proffessionally right? I mean hes getting fucking paid lol. Let me make another example for you; Peter Jackson is in the middle of filming lord of the rings, but dont worry he's decided to fuck off half way through the movie to climb everest, and he's letting his team get the work done whilst he's there.

It's called making some fucking priorities, this isn't the first time I've heard shit about Rockets personal life getting in the way of development. It's totally unprofessional, and you can bury your head up your ass all you like about it, but if it looks like shit, smells like shit, then its probably going to be shit.

This is compounded by the fact theres nothing really stopping them pushing a release through, since were basically going to be paying for an active beta again and by no means a finish product when it gets fucking released in the first place... so whats the problem? review scores?

Will somebody get this 2 year old a pacifier? electroban, I nominate you as the poster child for the entitlement generation.

Out of the kindness of my heart I would like to give you a "clue". Next time before you make a lame attempt to place "YOUR" own "priorities" onto someone you don't even know ... THINK before you speak.

Edited by ShadowJack
  • Like 1

LOL, the butt hurt on this thread is off the charts.

^ Lol

Now I agree that hearing news like the article in this topic via third-party sources is rubbish. Statements like that should be made first and foremost to the community backing the project, us, ideally on these official forums.

Isn't Reddit the official forums anyway... here is just where we hang out.

Did anyone actually stop longer enough to think about why the information came from some reporter?

I dunno, maybe something to do with a portion of the DayZ Dev team being at PAX (a gaming convention)?

Its quite easy to figure out if you look at the tags on the article...

EDIT: At least the comments here have nothing on the ignorance in the comments on the article itself.

2nd EDIT: And as for the Mt. Everest thing, you know why you don't hear about other developers going on holiday during a development cycle? Because they wouldn't even tell you they did in the first place! It's unfortunate that in your company you wouldn't "be allowed" to take holiday (you could hardly climbing Mt.Everest a holiday) despite more than 7 months notice. But instead of complaining about someone elses success in their career, perhaps you should be looking at your own and making changes.

All of the above, obviously the joystiq chick was at Pax..sooooooo..and the Everest thing has been in planning and talked about Rocket for a long time so i don't know why some expect him yo drop that. Climb the highest mountain in the world and have a unique life experience or get game finished to make a bunch of people on the net happy. Hmmmm.

Come on, let's all pretend just for a moment that we're big boys and girls and can understand that just because someone uses cutting oneself as a hypothetical extreme for the sake of a cheap gag that they're not actually trivializing self-harm. Are we really all that sensitive that we now need to start pre-emptively apologizing for something that hasn't even offended anyone yet? :-/

^ all of that as well. Well said.

• Like 2

You know one thing ..well the thing that stood out to me anyway (Pax interviews/Q and A etc) was that Rocket still has a passion when speaking about what he is doing. If he loses that... then we can all start worrying.

• Like 4

I still don't have a clue what you're on about.

I asked someone else a question about what's ok to say on these forums and you start pasting up bits of the dictionary.

I'd say this is offtopic at best.

If you're talking about the DayZ June thing, then I haven't even commented.

Your post made me cut myself.

And the cut gave me cancer.

• Like 1

DayZ... delayed? I don't even... my whole life... it's a lie. A lie! A LIE! A LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111!!!11!!11!!1!!11 -fangasm all over the floor-

it cant be delayed as much as GTA5 has been or as much as BF3 was. considering as far as i know i've never seen a confirmed release date for dayz.

Personally, you've all upset me. I hope you all get the *lurgy* (that's cooties to you colonials)

i think.

Cooties affects your scrotum doesn't it?

Edited by orlok
i forgot my r's (sounds like arse *giggle*)

Jesus H Christ, people. It wasn't intended to cause offence. It was a lighthearted jab at the way people are inevitably going to overreact when the game doesn't land in June.

Off-topic comment; It should be trivialized. If 'Self-preservation' is a a survival function readily abandoned, then bye-bye seeya later, it harmful to the rest of the gene pool. Good riddance.

On-topic comment; I'm excited for all the ship-jumpers being gone. It leaves the original fan base that didn't have KOS mentality and still plays just for then fun of creating our own story. If anything the delays weed out the simple and bored folk, and leaves the rest of us that came to love DayZ for what it is. Again, good riddance.

Give us DayZ when it's ready for us, Rocket, not when we want it.

Cooties affects your scrotum doesn't it?

Yes; it's quite a terrible infection.

Cysts and pus everywhere.

I'm saying if you fail to miss your expected release dates; its fail. I assume Rocket wants to do this proffessionally right? I mean hes getting fucking paid lol. Let me make another example for you; Peter Jackson is in the middle of filming lord of the rings, but dont worry he's decided to fuck off half way through the movie to climb everest, and he's letting his team get the work done whilst he's there.

It's called making some fucking priorities, this isn't the first time I've heard shit about Rockets personal life getting in the way of development. It's totally unprofessional, and you can bury your head up your ass all you like about it, but if it looks like shit, smells like shit, then its probably going to be shit.

This is compounded by the fact theres nothing really stopping them pushing a release through, since were basically going to be paying for an active beta again and by no means a finish product when it gets fucking released in the first place... so whats the problem? review scores?

So what you are saying is that you are an impatient git, and Rocket should not take a once in a life time opportunity so that you can sit on your arse and play a game.

Rocket take your time mate, as the mainland cheese add says "good things take time" :-) Enjoy Everest, and think of Sir Ed. let him guide you to triumph.

Edited by DickSharpe
  • Like 2

this whole keys in batches thing makes me nervous :S

Edited by siew

Isn't Reddit the official forums anyway... here is just where we hang out.

I consider us somewhat of the official forum, but in my eyes, we're both just equal forums supporting a game. The reason why I tend to use this forum more than r/dayz is because of how I feel that this forum was developed solely for DayZ and feel more comfortable here. That's just me, though.

I consider us somewhat of the official forum, but in my eyes, we're both just equal forums supporting a game. The reason why I tend to use this forum more than r/dayz is because of how I feel that this forum was developed solely for DayZ and feel more comfortable here. That's just me, though.

I think he was taking a dig at the fact that Rocket rarely posts here anymore in comparison unless there is an announcement or some major fiasco like the can incident.

• Like 1