willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

I was wondering the same thing, I assume it will be similar to what they did with ArmA 3 (see here) It certainly wouldn't be any in-game stuff. I'm not sure how tiers would work when it's using the minecraft model though tbh.

Well it's not like he surprised them with the trip, it was written into his contact before he got the job as lead dev.

Thanks for sharing I haven't seen the arma 3 way they do it. If it was something like that it would be really cool. I actually like the way they have it set up for arma 3. I hope that's the way he heads when he thinks about doing tiers.

Hello there

I too would like a little more communication.

I don't care about his level of professionalism (as long as he's polite), like we all do I just want a great game at the end of the day, and if there's a company to do it, then it's this one.

Comms is an issue with many companies/devs/partners etc. i dont expect any sweeping changes, but they would be nice.

Rgds

LoK

Hey at least we know now. No worries here, I'd like it to be sooner but good to get a possible date so I dont have to worry about it til then.

I mean its not like I'm not going to get it because its not coming out tomorrow. When we get it it will be a happy day.

As expected, honestly. People moaning about the release date make me lol. The mod was released less than a year ago, June is a terrific release date for a game of this magnitude.

• Like 1

June is NOT the "release date". you guys are gonna say that over and over, and set 1000's of people up for more disappointment in June

• Like 4

So we get shocking news, where is the dev blog xD?

June is NOT the "release date". you guys are gonna say that over and over, and set 1000's of people up for more disappointment in June

I know. Hell, I would be OK with next year. It is obvious that it will not be June, but I was just saying around summer would be a great accomplishment. Even though it will most likely be later, no problem.

I never said June is the exact release date. People expecting before June were living in a dream, you could see from Rocket that it will be much later.

Edited by TokenBC

the timing is kinda awkward. if anything, I would expect this kind of information tomorrow. I wonder if the reporter kinda put him on the spot

But seriously, DayZ is Rockets creation. I wouldn't go up Mount Everest if I knew I had deadlines to make. It sounds like he's demoralised by the game to be honest and he wants out. Sounds like he's not up to it.

I think you spend too much time at a computer to see how big going up Everest is. For example, to get a trip on the Grand Canyon (not even close to as epic as Everest) it takes an average private trip about 10+ years before they can go down after signing up. It's a lottery and not everyone can do it. There are tons of rules. It took my family about 8+ years of planning to get on that river and my Aunt (the trip leader) was rated the #1 female swift water safety guide in the United States over 3 times.

Now image that for Everest. Many people spend their whole lives trying to get on that mountain and never do. Everest includes a lot of politics and you have to go through some pretty big tests. Not to mention it costs tens of thousands of dollars to even attempt. Do you really think that Rocket should just give up all that because a game popped into his life? It's not like he's even giving up on the game either and it's not like his trip will ruin it. I bet even if he didn't go the game wouldn't be out till about when it is. Overall, I will respect anyone who gives up something in their life to try to accomplish something like climbing Everest. Summiting Everest is probably one of the hardest things to do in the world and it a great life accomplishment.

• Like 8

No offence, but this continous pushing of the release date is starting to get me frustrated. Fine, they should release a finishes game, but they shouldve never mentioned any "release-date" in the first place. Lets face reality here boys and girls, once we reach June, there wont be an alpha, simply another "oh yeh sorry but its done when its done". I reckon the alpha will first be out in late august/september.

No offence, but this continous pushing of the release date is starting to get me frustrated. Fine, they should release a finishes game, but they shouldve never mentioned any "release-date" in the first place. Lets face reality here boys and girls, once we reach June, there wont be an alpha, simply another "oh yeh sorry but its done when its done". I reckon the alpha will first be out in late august/september.

In case you hadn't been following the development, they opted for a completely new build for standalone after announcing their initial release date.

wont be released in june worst time in gaming. so ill sit back and laugh for now

why would you release during worst sales period for video games ? you dont.

Edited by dgeesio

To be honest, when I saw the last video I realised straight away that this game isn't going to be coming out soon. The level of complexity the dev team were talking about still seems to be miles off, and the build looked pretty unfinished tbh.

We saw no zombies, lots of unfinished features and people being told not to go to certain areas.

I'm happy for the team to adopt a 'done when it's done' approach - but I am concerned about 'mission creep' setting in. I mean ... disease? finger prints? crafting?

What with the lead dev now about to take a month-long holiday (at least) ..... what's the betting for an end of year release?

Edited by Bottlerocket

In case you hadn't been following the development, they opted for a completely new build for standalone after announcing their initial release date.

I know they did, but initially after that they shouldve never even hinted towards any release dates.

Hello there

*brace for impact*

There was never any official release time. Folk assumed it would be before his Everest jaunt. It did seem appropriate back then.

It's no surprise that it will be released later on, but I expect a great storm of complaints, toys being thrown out of prams, accusations of lies and a Illuminati conspiracy and a general wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I'm strapped in and my shields are up.

Rgds

LoK

It is a New World Order funded conspiracy to keep young people on edge for the coming fall of civilization. Rocket is just a holograph programmed to speak to the masses about the zombie apocalypse so people are prepared for the real apocalypse. Him and Sergey Titov are clearly plants from this secret government, think about it could anyone really be as big of a scumbag as Sergey without it being scripted? You can read all about it in my blog.

Not sure if I did this correctly, did it sound off the wall enough to be a conspiracy theory? I was hoping the broader technical test would start sooner for selfish reasons, but regardless I will be purchasing the game. If the game is good sales will not be hurt that badly, but if they put out slightly updated version of the mod it would hurt sales since the interest level is not as high as it once was. Nothing wrong with a game standing on merit instead of hype though.

• Like 1

they want arma3 to be sold. thats why they wont release dayz until june. thats when arma3 will become beta or maybe released...

To be honest, when I saw the last video I realised straight away that this game isn't going to be coming out soon. The level of complexity the dev team were talking about still seems to be miles off, and the build looked pretty unfinished tbh.

We saw no zombies, lots of unfinished features and people being told not to go to certain areas.

I'm happy for the team to adopt a 'done when it's done' approach - but I am concerned about 'mission creep' setting in. I mean ... disease? finger prints? crafting?

What with the lead dev now about to take a month-long holiday (at least) ..... what's the betting for an end of year release?

Agreed. The mod at the moment seem to be miles off from what they have been saying about it. If rocket wants a game that is as complex as in his mind, we will have to brace ourselves for a long waiting period. It just seems to be a barely working game atm.

No offence, but this continous pushing of the release date is starting to get me frustrated.

Please show me a list of these releases dates.

• Like 1

Please show me a list of these releases dates.

• December

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 3

I personally feel that this whole thing is now out of control, the whole way dean and the team have handle the past 6 to 8 months has been dreadful in my opinion. Promising 2012 release and now ALPHA in JUNE 2013? WTF have they been doing? From the last dev video, so much stuff has still to be added into the pre-alpha build also. Its a joke and I dont care if I get hate, its the truth! However, delaying the game so much can only bring better things hopefully and I believe the team and dean will deliver.

That's a shame. I have to be honest and say that I'm beginning to lose interest and the neverending mods of mods of mods of DayZ and all the bumf that goes with it has actually put me off a lot and I've started to play other games. Worst thing for me is I might not even be able to access a Pc for gaming by June :(

That is one hell of a list there.

Yeah, and I used the

• function and everything. Totally pro.
  • Like 9