willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Summer sounds good to me. However long it takes to be made. No rush. With what they are doing with the game, that really only puts it at like a year of development, which isn't very long for a game, even an alpha.

JUNE, so I will mark my Calendar for DECEMBER

• Like 1

Well, all the hype that people had about getting the game before new year is long gone, and now im guessing there are just a few people who are still counting days until the game is out.

All i can say is that i hope when it will get released, considering all the time they had to work on it, to be a pretty well polished Alpha. With lots of content added to it so that it will be able to attract more people to play.

I really love the idea of the game, and don't want to see it fade away because of the delays and everything.

This is obviously the next duke nukem. Its gonna keep getting pushed back for 10 years straight..

Obviously. Because 6 months and 10 years are TOTALLY THE SAME THING.

• Like 2

Obviously. Because 6 months and 10 years are TOTALLY THE SAME THING.

It was actually closer to 15 years 1997-2011.

Is there going to be a sign up for testing for regular players?

Is there going to be a sign up for testing for regular players?

first 5 seconds ;)

Edited by siew

After the whole Warz and SimCity fiascos, I don't mind waiting as long as rocket feels necessary for a decent and reliable release. Be patient people, you don't want to throw your hard earned money on a broken product, trust me. I read someone saying that people could lose interest in the "zombie thing" by June... seriously?! It's friggin 3 months we're talking about! Let the devs do their job so we can all be happy :)

And it's not like there's no Dayz mod or Arma III to keep us busy until then.

• Like 4

hello there

Don't forget there's also trolls in this thread so keep things in perspective.

Some people just like to bitch and moan as their lives are somewhat empty and being able "to get one over" a dev/mod/respected member validates them in some way.

There are also folk with valid negative comments also, we have to try to separate the two.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I hate when members troll me, it makes me so mad *shakes fist*

• Like 1

i still have my free copy of dayz so i am happy as long as there are servers out there.

Hello there

*brace for impact*

There was never any official release time. Folk assumed it would be before his Everest jaunt. It did seem appropriate back then.

It's no surprise that it will be released later on, but I expect a great storm of complaints, toys being thrown out of prams, accusations of lies and a Illuminati conspiracy and a general wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I'm strapped in and my shields are up.

Rgds

LoK

What if Rocket made Dayz as part of a conspiracy to make us all shoot each other on sight after a huge economic collapse brought on by the new-world-illumi-anunaki-malta-berger-banksters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT4B-NJUcZE

Edited by Nihilum

What if Rocket made Dayz as part of a conspiracy to make us all shoot each other on sight after a huge economic collapse brought on by the new-world-illumi-anunaki-malta-berger-banksters?

No problem, I don't KoS

unfortunately june is also when I go on a humanitarian aid trip in cameroun for 10 months, which means I won't see the alpha before it's pretty much not an alpha anymore :)

• Like 1

I really wasn't expecting anymore that standalone would come before summer.

Have a happy Everest trip Dean!

I'm fine with the June possible release.

All I wanted is to see some game footage, that will tie me up till June.

Dayz has only been around for less than a year. Going from a rough ~100mb Arma2 mod to a full featured standalone game (alpha release) in slightly more than a year? That's fast. I don't think anyone really predicted how big this would get. I also think their plans for the standalone became much more ambitious with merging more tech from A3. June? So be it. More features and less bugs the better.

We still have the mod to play which is still being developed and new features added.

• Like 2

People are talking like its carved in the stone now, that the game will be released at june.

He said they will check then if they are ready for public alpha, made no promises. I can wait.

There went the 1000th post.. didnt remember, could have used it better... better this than the warz thread tho. :D

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

Its only coming out in june cause your doing your stupid mountain climbing bullshit rocket!

He didn't say it's coming out in June. Why can't people read? He said they were reviewing in June. Please read and listen to the information given carefully, I'll save lot's of confusion in the future.

• Like 4

I look forward to the torrents of 'Y U MISS DEADLINES AGAIN ROCKET?!' posts in June...

I saw some posts on Reddit after this 'reasses the situation in June' comment was released claiming that this was the third time he'd missed his deadlines already, lol.

Also, climbing Everest is kind of a once in a lifetime thing. Let the man go... It's only a game.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 5

I'll wait since not getting my new pc till around july so suits me XD