willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Hello there

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous post, I do still play. I play a lot. too much some might say.

And once the Alpha hits you will see the game grow and expand, but I bet you'd like to have a fully formed babby to watch grow up?

Having the game now would be like just having a foot.

Rgds

LoK

A foot?!?! Well at least it would still kick ass :P. I'm a little confused. From what Rocket has said in multiple interviews the only thing keeping them from launching the game was the framework and your saying they haven't even done more then make one town that we seen in the video interviews. Which by the way would be about a foots worth of game.

Edited by Zodiac13

Hello there

I am known for my over/under exaggeration. The devs have done plenty, but there's still more to do. Have patience. It will be rewarded.

Rgds

LoK

Oh I am Orlok. Like most people though I am chomping at the bit to play this game. Would be neat if they released more dev diaries though.

ah, thank you. I often dream of his powerful engine entering my welcoming station and all the passengers spilling out over my nice clean platform.

Wtf? Lol

• Like 3

The mod has zero effect on the standalone.

The selection of radio stations is actually an indicator that we're in the last stages of the process before the alpha release, i.e. ancillary content and legal stuff

-Rocket

( http://www.reddit.co...pha_this_month/ )

I think we are getting close...

And to above poster,:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1hf40x/twitter_rocket2guns_psa_at_rezzed_i_said_we/catqb9i?context=3

Edited by fuckdick
  • Like 2

I think this thread should move along to the 'yard...

Topic needs extended life system,,,,fixed.

• Like 1

Nah just rename it : DayZ SA wont launch until it will launch and were good :D

Done.

• Like 4

:thumbsup: :lol:

Wouid have saved many broken hearts if it had been like that from the start :lol:

Edited by Feanorfeuergeist

Just a question for the developers or admins. Is the DayZ team involved in working with ATI or Nvidia? Is the game going to be more optimised better for Nvidia or ATI? I'm not trying to stir up a fan war between who's better, just curious and I didn't want to create a new thread just for this question.

Just a question for the developers or admins. Is the DayZ team involved in working with ATI or Nvidia? Is the game going to be more optimised better for Nvidia or ATI? I'm not trying to stir up a fan war between who's better, just curious and I didn't want to create a new thread just for this question.

As far as I know the ArmA2 engine is optimized for Nvidia cards, and I don't think DayZ:SA will be different. But that's just based on posts on another forums, not official sources.

Any word about how the keys will be released? Can't seem to find any information like that.

They are going all in. Anyone who wants 'em is going to get 'em.

They are going all in. Anyone who wants 'em is going to get 'em.

I dont think they're going to give a key to everyone that wants one.

Any word about how the keys will be released? Can't seem to find any information like that.

It will be released on steam Early Access just like Arma 3.

• Like 1

I heard that only 50,000 keys will be released in the first wave but didn't know if that changed. It sounds like if everyone wanted one they would need to give out more than that. Just wanted to make sure I'd be able to have a chance to try it when it comes out. Thanks guys!

I'm not sure so don't quote me on it, but Dean said at rezzed that they have abandoned the '50,000 access key' thing and are just letting everyone buy in to it!

I'm not sure so don't quote me on it, but Dean said at rezzed that they have abandoned the '50,000 access key' thing and are just letting everyone buy in to it!

You're right.

He said that.

• Like 2

Yeah, anyone who wants to buy the alpha standalone when it gets an official release can buy it. No 50,000 key limit.

Yeah, anyone who wants to buy the alpha standalone when it gets an official release can buy it. No 50,000 key limit.

Awesome! I thought people that didn't get keys would have to wait even longer. Edited by xRecklessRobx
  • Like 1

Awesome! I thought people that didn't get keys would have to wait even longer.
That was the original plan, testers would get the keys early/mid june and then the rest some time later ("very likely before the end of june")- but then change of plans.