mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

Yes i did read it

You told me to fuck off etc, and put words into my mouth

THIS

You agreed to his post in its entirety.. <_<

you mustn't forget that they have loads of work to do and you just simply underestimate this completely. actually i think they keep very close contact to their community. just go to any other forum of any other game, there you have your comparisons..

Not trying to stir anything up but the dev for the game Limit Theory literally posts everything he does (even if non programmers don't understand it).

http://forums.ltheory.com/viewforum.php?f=12

your opinion that not releasing the game when YOU want is supported by MAX MAX 25%. 25% of 1600 k is still considered a win for the Dev team, so why don't you just realize that they don't really care what you are saying

Listen to yourself

You have no clue.

I have one criticism, Rockets choice of testers.

There was no enthusiasm, no constructive feedback, no sense of fun and they contributed very little, next time try inviting some popular youtubers who are vocal, opinionated, confident and know how to communicate honest opinions to a viewership.

Stick a camera in someone's face and they'll immediately act differently. Doesn't matter who they are. I could be wrong but it's didn't sound like they had much play time by the time Rocket started recording. And judging by Senior Lightfoot's wrangling of a certain forum mod, it seems like they were limited to a certain area.

Don't hate, congratulate.

Not trying to stir anything up but the dev for the game Limit Theory literally posts everything he does (even if non programmers don't understand it).

http://forums.ltheor...wforum.php?f=12

well but is this in size, publicity etc. comparable to dayz?

You agreed to his post in its entirety.. <_<

Appart from the streamlined interface i should point out.

Stick a camera in someone's face and they'll immediately act differently. Doesn't matter who they are. I could be wrong but it's didn't sound like they had much play time by the time Rocket started recording. And judging by Senior Lightfoot's wrangling of a certain forum mod, it seems like they were limited to a certain area.

Don't hate, congratulate.

The whole point of Aplha/beta testing is to provide feedback

Listen to yourself

You have no clue.

How so? You guys will still buy it even though how much anyone complains about the release date? The dev team will reach their stated objectives, getting 300 k sales with or without you being happy.

EDIT

What i don't have is facts in form of numbers, but not having a clue is you being frustrated with me for some reason

Edited by Mad mega

How so? You guys will still buy it even though how much anyone complains about the release date? The dev team will reach their stated objectives, getting 300 k sales with or without you being happy

Dude its not about me being happy lol

If the game releases in a years time thats fine and all but im trying to help the team here.

Its not about me having the game sooner etc.

How so? You guys will still buy it even though how much anyone complains about the release date? The dev team will reach their stated objectives, getting 300 k sales with or without you being happy.

EDIT

What i don't have is facts in form of numbers, but not having a clue is you being frustrated with me for some reason

Please, this isn't call of duty.

Yes, while being recorded for a devblog. Sure.

And? What difference does that make?

They would of had to speak to Rocket at some point anyway.

I think Rocket needs some more testers that will provide good solid and detailed feedback when asked.

EDIT

Im not frustrated with anyone.

Edited by nicefish

Dude its not about me being happy lol

If the game releases in a years time thats fine and all but im trying to help the team here.

Its not about me having the game sooner etc.

I'm glad to say, i agree.

EDIT

They will release it when the dev team are happy with game, not when a part of the community is unhappy. Thats what i meant all along

Edited by Mad mega

Zombies running in buildings?

Should be an awesome addition, and get rid of the ease of looting.

I'd really like to see different motions for different people. Maybe motion capture a few different people's walking giant.

Also some variation in height and build of the models to make people a little more distinguishable from each other.

Stick a camera in someone's face and they'll immediately act differently..

I do Jazz Hands.

Now, I can see things are getting a little heated in here. Calm it down chaps.

L

• Like 5

I do Jazz Hands.

Now, I can see things are getting a little heated in here. Calm it down chaps.

L

No heat here sir lol

Just providing some feedback thats all.

:)

Well, cuddly warm man on man heat I can put up with, Lets just make sure it's all cuddles, ok?

I'll let you guys get on with your mass debating.

L

Well, cuddly warm man on man heat I can put up with, Lets just make sure it's all cuddles, ok?

I'll let you guys get on with your mass debating.

L

:D

:D

Edited by nicefish

Should be a great addition. For too long has looting in buildings been much too easy.

Should be a great addition. For too long has looting in buildings been much too easy.

lol

Unless they run through the walls :P

• Like 1

anyone know what the times on zombie respawn will be like?

well i know they mentioned they wont just APPEAR anymore like before, but i would like it if there was a way to clear a whole small town and keep it safe for at least a little bit

well i know they mentioned they wont just APPEAR anymore like before, but i would like it if there was a way to clear a whole small town and keep it safe for at least a little bit

from my understanding they will respawn at server restarts, and from what i believe, you will die way before you being able to clear a village

Yup, it's discussed in the other devblogs and this one where they say they now spawn all at once when the server starts.

@ Nicefish, there are other testers believe it or not - good testers provide good bug reports, not bags full of ego. Youtubers are great at making vids, testers are good at testing. They're very different things. I do agree they were rubbish in that vid though :) .

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2