mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

smasht, can you make an hour loop of that please?

I feel it will only be an effective witty response, from myself, on several topics if it loops for a full hour.

Edited by mzltv

You seem to have an unhealthy fixation with prostitutes, is there something you need to get off your chest?

It's okay, you can tell uncle Max.

It's a 25st Ho, you might need help Max.

Cheesus ..... two weeks have pastt!!!! When the next devblog? Rocket! @Wake up wake up wake up lets make blog tonight, get up get up get up cause you do it right! Babyyy i'm hot just like an oven i need some blogin'.... @ (Marvin Gaye)

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/Woman-claims-she-found-Cheesus-/1217357256.html

• Like 1

Don't even need to watch the video. I lost it when the thumbnail loaded.

Watching the video will make you long for a day where natural selection comes in to play a lot more than it has in the past several decades.

• Like 1

Roger, we will probably have ingame displays of "major" stuff, like sneezing, vomiting, fainting, fever, coughing...

But for less obvious stuff, we will do something more like space station 13 and provide textual feedback that doesn't necessarily say the exact problem, such as:

Your stomach is rumbling

Or;

You feel light headed

sry to bring that up again, i really like the survival skill one should need in such a hostile enviroment. even without zombies it could be a challenge to survive.

i'm playing an old old game called UnrealWorld - maybe you know it - it's something strange like dayz - cause the dev's don't care about selling in time etc. it's more a vision thing.

i really love realism parts in a survival game - UnrealWorld does that well (but graphics and ui are horrible :) ) - but i could see some useful ideas from that game.

ah. and something totally odd about URW is that the community (forum) is alien like friendly helpful and intelligent. :DDD

maybe check it out for some ideas: http://www.unrealworld.fi/ (herbs? poisonous or spoiled food? tired? traps?...)

finally, take your time, i don't care how long it takes, i don't care if you are an ass or friendly, i don't care if you propose something and in the end don't fullfill - as long as you stay true to your vision - and sometime - i can play a new neat game with challenge. and i really would love to see as much players as possible to die in the first few tries over and over and over again and whiny whiny whiny about it. hahahaha.... die. hahahaha.... i'm laughing in advance.

sry to bring that up again, i really like the survival skill one should need in such a hostile enviroment. even without zombies it could be a challenge to survive.

i'm playing an old old game called UnrealWorld - maybe you know it - it's something strange like dayz - cause the dev's don't care about selling in time etc. it's more a vision thing.

i really love realism parts in a survival game - UnrealWorld does that well (but graphics and ui are horrible :) ) - but i could see some useful ideas from that game.

ah. and something totally odd about URW is that the community (forum) is alien like friendly helpful and intelligent. :DDD

maybe check it out for some ideas: http://www.unrealworld.fi/ (herbs? poisonous or spoiled food? tired? traps?...)

finally, take your time, i don't care how long it takes, i don't care if you are an ass or friendly, i don't care if you propose something and in the end don't fullfill - as long as you stay true to your vision - and sometime - i can play a new neat game with challenge. and i really would love to see as much players as possible to die in the first few tries over and over and over again and whiny whiny whiny about it. hahahaha.... die. hahahaha.... i'm laughing in advance.

There are still a lot of players that want a good game and want a challenge, but unfortunately there are even more people who want Call of Duty with zombies type games where you don't have to put any effort in other than spraying your gun.

• Like 1

People that SCREAM for it now Will be the first to SCREAM when something is Wrong so wait like the rest of us little boy

Little boy?

You clearly have no idea about game development.

You clearly have no idea about game development.

To be honest you don't seem to be particularly au fait with the current stage of DayZ development. If it was to be released now it would be an unplayable mess - as Fraggle and other internal testers have said they are testing feature by feature, and it is unlikely that the majority of what they are trying to fix is actually fixed. By releasing the SA now it would just cause more problems than it would solve.

Just remember the summer of 2012. Everytime a update was released there was a clusterfuck of problems with different versions, servers and all that. Fixing issues with a small team is the way to go!

• Like 2

Just remember the summer of 2012. Everytime a update was released there was a clusterfuck of problems with different versions, servers and all that. Fixing issues with a small team is the way to go!

yea, really funny when you start to think just how BROKEN the game used to be back then with new updates.

It all seems an age ago now, I mean it's not even 12 months since the mod was originally released, yet so much has happened since then and it's evolved so much that it seems so much longer than that to me now.

And Mel Gibson plot.

Say what you want about Mel Gibson, but the son of a bitch knows story structure.

He is also good at doing the old "rewrite history for the sake of a story" routine

• Like 2

I love Mel's tolerance and love of all nations and religions.

• Like 8

I love Mel's tolerance and love of all nations and religions.

Remember... Mel Gibson was born in NY and his family moved to australia. I don't care if your from upstate NY or NY City, people from NY are generally folk I don't get on with.

Bought to you edited by - OrLoK

Edited by orlok

I don't think you should release a dev blog this week Rocket...

(reverse psychology FTW!) :P

• Like 1

It's not funny anymore, and to be honest this mantra is very unprofessional.. Surely he does not reply like this to his BiS managers, so why do the fans (actually customers, Im pretty sure almost everyone here bought Arma2) have to suffer it? :(

• Like 1

It's not funny anymore, and to be honest this mantra is very unprofessional.. Surely he does not reply like this to his BiS managers, so why do the fans (actually customers, Im pretty sure almost everyone here bought Arma2) have to suffer it? :(

Sure he can tell the public something like Summer 2013 like other game publishers do. But many people won't like it and might lose interest if the date is too far. I know they have an idea when they want to release it. But we are talking about an Alpha release. The alpha release can be released at any point since it is a WORK IN PROGRESS release, and not a final product release. Hence, it is up to the developers when to release the alpha.

Edit:

OH LOOK, it's Friday! Should we expect a blog today? I don't even know anymore... Rocket is back on twitter after a break of about a week. I guess he prepared some stuff...

Edited by osallivan
  • Like 1

Lets hope they have prepared something for us craving a devblog?

• Like 1