proshooterbf@gmail.com

Is DayZ Popularity declining?

IT IS END-GAME

THERE . ARE . MULTIPLE . DEFINITIONS . FOR . END-GAME .

THERE . ARE . MULTIPLE . DEFINITIONS . FOR . END-GAME .

BIG RED TEXT

• Like 2

So, ladies and gentlemen, cfh0384, is definitely not an example of what to do.

User suspended temporarily.

...maybe infection starts that way...

• Like 1

I had a long break from DayZ because I was tired of the lack of content (i.e. not much to do after you got food, water and guns) and because of the huge amount of cheats and scripting making the game pretty frustrating to play.

Started on a whitelisted server instead and had quite some fun there.

However, I do feel it is a bit pointless knowing the stand-alone will be comming down the road. But for now I suppose I can just view it as practice if nothing else.

When stand-alone is out though I will probably shut down the characters I have on the servers for the mod.

A weeks worth of retardation crammed into a single thread. I love this place.

• Like 2

I agree.

I may need to infract you for that big red text though.

I hope SA will not have an end game...endings are almost always disappointing.

The real taste of any game is the growing of the situation.

I hope SA will not have an end game...endings are almost always disappointing.

The real taste of any game is the growing of the situation.

I dont think he means that. (correct me if im wrong inception)

So, ladies and gentlemen, cfh0384, is definitely not an example of what to do.

User suspended temporarily.

I think he just needed antibiotics, I could have traded some to a good primary

• Like 1

Another reason I ask this, is that I've noticed that the amount of unique players in the game hasn't been rising very quickly. It seems as if less and less people join the DayZ community every day.

i dont get it, this game is hugely popular, you are arguing in the same way some economists do, expecting constant growth, or even a constant increase in the rate of growth.

dayz had a huge rise in popularity in 2012, there are natural limits to how popular a game can become?

if SA even manages to hold on to the popularity of the mod then i imagine it will be seen as a huge success,

RED TEXT!! AAAAAHHHHH

As for the problem here, I don't think it's losing it's popularity. People just want the Standalone and need a break from the mod. That's what I'm doing.

Edited by Sutinen

Id assume its declining, since I myself stopped playing at least 2 months ago. Im not even waiting for the standalone anymore, wasnt that supposed to come out already? Oh well, off to better things.....

I dont think he means that. (correct me if im wrong inception)

Correct, I didn't actually mean DayZ having end-game.

Id assume its declining, since I myself stopped playing at least 2 months ago. Im not even waiting for the standalone anymore, wasnt that supposed to come out already? Oh well, off to better things.....

You stopped playing 2 months ago yet here you are.... So no I'd say its popularity is not declining.

Edited by Mr Nasty

I have completely stopped playing

At first i stopped because the patch broke my game to the point that it could not be played (errors every time i tried to join a sever)

this has been fixed now but i am still not playing

because i am waiting for the SA I believe i will enjoy the SA morre if i have not played the mode for 2/3 mouths beforehand

I must have put in 200 hours to the mod

i dont get it, this game is hugely popular, you are arguing in the same way some economists do, expecting constant growth, or even a constant increase in the rate of growth.

If it's going to be a success as a standalone product then, yes, it will need constant growth. Bohemia does think about it from an economist's point of view, because they're a business. An erratic, passionate, occasionally frustrating but generally visionary business. Short of a subscription model or some kind of "pay money for tricked out guns" system the developers will need to constantly attract new players in order to fund continued development. And also trips abroad, legal fees etc.

Short of proper data this is really one of those imponderables. Looking over old news reports the game seems to have passed a million unique players in August 2012, double that of a month earlier. Presumably it can't have doubled every month since then otherwise there would now be thirty-two million players (which would dwarf World of Warcraft). But of course the game is no longer new, and a lot depends on how you define "unique players". A PC World article from October 2012 talks about one point three million players, which if true is a considerable drop-off, but again, what does "unique players" mean? Individual sales? User accounts? People who played a demo once and gave up? Existing owners of ArmAII - there must have been some people who bought ArmAII - who tried it once, and gave up?

The problem is that the mainstream news media seems to have given up on the game late last year, and I have to say that most of the threads I find on this message board when I Google for something peter out in September 2012. But then again I can remember a similar thing happening with Second Life - the media was all over it, then there were lots of "whatever happened to Second Life" stories, but it still has players and presumably still pays the bills. It's just that the media is fickle. And ultimately DayZ isn't a mainstream game on the same level as Wii Sports or even Halo. It's frustratingly hard for new players, it won't run on an iPad, it takes commitment, and I can't think of any other titles where basic orienteering is essential for survival. The future depends on how Bohemia want to play it. The sensible business case would be to slim down the terrain, turn the gameplay into an arcade-style shooter with RPG elements, introduce a subscription model, pay real money to have different avatars etc, but that would ruin it.

Still, from Bohemia's point of view it must have been an incredibly economical money-spinner, even if numbers are falling. I hope the developers got a big bonus for Christmas. And a yacht. With girls in it.

• Like 2

The game is tapering off but that is to be expected, most games have trouble retaining players for a long periods and I fail to see why a free mod would be the exception to that rule. Add in the fact that the standalone will be coming out (hopefully) soon and those who are interested have a strong incentive to wait for the actual release of the standalone. Arma 3 is coming out (hopefully) this year so you have less people who can justify buying Arma 2 and OA for either the mod experience or Arma experience. You can still find a healthy population in many of the private hives and even some of the public hives so it is not like the DayZ mod is dead.

No... Like serious... Inception... F^CK YOU to the fullest exent of the use of those two words!!!!!!!!!!

Inception obviously has a fan on these forums, that is some great foruming there cfh0384.

• Like 2

Hello there

There's always a rise and drop in games, it's the natural order of things.

Also, Inception you are a total rooster.

I feel a meme being born.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

whats a script kiddie?

People who use cheats/scripts in dayz basically. It takes little effort to use scripts I've heard hence a kid could do it.