GrassyKnoll

New Update Makes DayZ Extremely Difficult

BACON BACON BACON but where the hell is my EGGS ? oh yea i got STEAK, and where the hell is my BEER ? um what was this about again ?

Edited by TxBeanReaper

MMMM....YUM...THE TEARS TASTE SO GOOD B)

I have even some extra ones from you to fill a can :emptycan:

Remember as well that the Zombie AI for standalone will be different.

I too would rather zombies first investigate noises rather than blindly aggro and go all Mike Tyson bezerk

If there are no zombies, there is no DayZ. There's CoDZ or DeathmatchZ, but I didn't download DayZ for that. Infinite zombies makes the game what it is and seeing that Chernaraus has three big ports plus a small one, they probably have a high population (although the housing isn't there).

So you're saying the Standalone is turning DayZ into DeathmatchZ? Hardly. I don't want zero zombies. But suppose I kill every zombie in a town it should take a few minutes for them to respawn, not seconds.

There is no longer any "sneak past zombies"....they spot you crawling at 100 meters and more.

The people claiming it's fine that it's difficult haven't actually experienced how easily Zeds now spot you. It's no longer possible to go into a town to a grocery store alone and escape alive....they will spot you and likely kill you in a huge mass of Zeds.

When I claim they can spot you crawling at 100 meters, I'm not exagerating...and I think they can spot you out to 200 meters, in the rain, while you are crawling....it's that bad. It makes it impossible to stealth any longer.

This isn't a small bug...it needs addressed as it's a game killer.

There is no longer any "sneak past zombies"....they spot you crawling at 100 meters and more.

The people claiming it's fine that it's difficult haven't actually experienced how easily Zeds now spot you. It's no longer possible to go into a town to a grocery store alone and escape alive....they will spot you and likely kill you in a huge mass of Zeds.

When I claim they can spot you crawling at 100 meters, I'm not exagerating...and I think they can spot you out to 200 meters, in the rain, while you are crawling....it's that bad. It makes it impossible to stealth any longer.

Instead of your "it needs addressed-bla-bla"- and "it impossible to stealth"-slogans you better get the facts right.

This an alpha. Basically anything they add is testing, and probably isn't going to be the same in the standalone due to all the testing they did, they can tweak it just right. Plus another fact is harder zombies = more teamwork.

1. Of course they should spawn in vehicles! Are you really serious with all this?

2. No they should not keep re spawning that ruins immersion, but stopping you from loot cycling barracks? Excellent!

3. Good, zombies should be more of a threat.

4. Have not tested this patch enough.

5. More threat.

6. Best you carry antibiotics on you then.

7. If it stops loggers...

8. Why would you want these in, they clearly don't belong in dayz?

I'm glad this patch is harsh it will weed and all the people that can't handle the jandle that be douche bags in game.

Edited by DubPlate
  • Like 1

They actually had a lot o this stuff you are complaining about in a way earlier version(the Z behaviour and spawn, about 1.6, maybe later 1.5's, originally the only way to loose a Z was kill it, the evading was added.. dont recall what version exactly)... you wont be alone in your complaints when its released ;-) last time the forums filled with threads complaining about it, they put in a hot fix and reverted it back very quickly... i dunno, i didnt mind that much, it just meant it was suicide to play in day time servers.

Have to agree with you. Few of the things in this patch are just idiotic and serve no purpose for gameplay.

Zombies hitting you inside cars while you can't shoot out of the car. Provide neither or both, not just one. I'd accept them just pulling you out of the car when the windows are broken.

More zombies spawn as you kill them. Effectively destroyed any illusion of a static world. This change cast Dayz down to the level of arcade shooters with infinite spawning enemies.

Zombie agro changes. I haven't tested this but if the agro steppes are first Nothing and next Enfield, you've made a huge mistake in the code.

Not being able to lose agroed zombies. What function does this play actually? They're already glitchy enough, now you make the run after you even longer? And with increased numbers through agro changes? Honestly!

As I've understood this patch was community driven rather than Rocket made. I guess it's understandable. Rocket had the vision and he gave his baby away to work on the next better variation. It's inevitable that unworkable changes creep in to the design. Things like this happen when you don't work out gameplay balances properly.

Alright people listen, why don't you just make valid points instead of raging, flaming, and trolling? That is the problem with the internet today. Make valid points or don't even post.

It's called constructive criticism bud.

You made a post about what does & doesn't piss you off.

People replied with what does & doesn't piss them off.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Alright people listen, why don't you just make valid points instead of raging, flaming, and trolling? That is the problem with the internet today. Make valid points or don't even post.

Assuming (wrongly) that all points in your op are valid.

IMHO all the "ridiculous" things you mentioned are what makes the game better and more realistic to me. A harder game is a better game because the rewards are much better

I agree. The additions make it harder. This should mitigate pvp which IMHO is a good thing. Pvp should be part of the game and to the game itself.

Assuming (wrongly) that all points in your op are valid.

So you are saying that my points are invalid?

Dunno, if this is just my server or from the update but does all the handgun ammo look the same to everyone else?

So you are saying that my points are invalid?

I think some are invalid things to complain about yes.

As Naz says:

It's called constructive criticism bud.

You made a post about what does & doesn't piss you off.

People replied with what does & doesn't piss them off.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

To Mr. Dankine:

In this case I am criticizing the game.

And yes, I am entitled to my own opinion.

Edited by GrassyKnoll

You are correct, it is meant to be difficult.

However, zombie spawn times are out of hand, which is my biggest problem.

Try being sneaky, and you won't have an issue.

* What do I mean?

- Stop running into towns.

I've no issues with things being harder- I'm fine with zombies chasing you endlessly once aroused and dragging you outta cars, and weapons being harder to find. All good.

My only complaint is that they can easily see you from hundreds and hundreds of feet away while you are crawling through cover.

That ruins any ideas about stealthy play, forcing a situation where it's run like hell and use the engine defects to lose them in buildings. No other way to survive. Using your brains and stategy- planning a route and avoiding zombies becomes impossible when they can see or hear you crawling through cover from very, very far away.

Anyone who has actually played with the new patch in has to have experienced this when entering a town. How can someone survive? Are they wanting people to play in groups with lots of guns to kill all the zombies? They don't want thinking, stealthy players to succeed?

There's a difference in hard core and just impossible. If you actually test the game, and visit a zombie filled town, you will see what I mean. Sneaking is no longer an option.

• Like 1

Did play few hours last evening and the new patch did not change anything for me on the matter of gameplay. Zombies are still easy to lose, makes SD ammo valuable, be patient and be aware of your surroundings and you will be ok, its not that hard to keep yourself from blasting around with shotgun aggroing every zombie in the area.