GrassyKnoll

New Update Makes DayZ Extremely Difficult

all this time you've been playing with deaf infected, thats now fixed, welcome to the pain, what you need is new strats not tears..for instance, when looting Stary? bring all the infected down to the big long barn south of the tents and draw them all into by firing a couple of shots, then leg it out the other door, now you have time to get up and recky the medic tents.. firing a gun in a town is asking for trouble.. as it should be..

I call this thread bullshit. Played 5 hours now and nothing changed. You just keep speeding through the town, and you either wont agro any zombie, or they just chase you until you enter a building, or they could be easy choped down with an axt inside the building. After that you could loot the building and speed to the next one.

Yeah thats what im experiencing to, i dont know what the hell ppl are complaining, yeah sure they hear better but who da fuq shoots weapons inside citys? I dont i just sneak and run past them.

I'm also fine with everything, but think if zombies respawn too fast (I didn't play the new patch yet) that is a con. If you're talking about more population in cities - increase the zombie count. Respawn kinda sucks for people that want to clear an area, this possibility should always exist. And maybe crouching should make you less visible.

Edited by DieBrotmafia

Unbelievable amount of whining about new features. Difficult? Play Left 4 Dead serie or Dead Island if you want easy settings.

Whine only if something is bugged or works in a way it's not intented to (and boy, THAT happens).

Edited by Kuikka
  • Like 2

I both agree and disagree. The zombies are now way to powerful, especially in their current state (buggy, hit true walls, block you, movement etc). Now if the zombies where actually fully working, by that i mean that they will not glitch and do completely crazy stuff it would be fair to have them this powerful

Recap:

- Zombies should be "nerfed".

- Reduce amount of zombies and their spawn times.

- They shouldn't be able to hit you through the car windows if they are not broken.

- Decrease combat timer time. Pretty soon you won't even be able to close the game if the combat timer keeps getting updated.

- Add peripherals back into the game.

- Good job with the new weapons and vehicles. Keep adding more!

- I like the new foods and how you have to boil/cook them.

- Its nice that you can "unflip" ATVs.

Please put your suggestions and comments as a reply. I would love to hear from you. Hopefully I am not the only one that disagrees with this update.

I dont agree,

I on purpose drove around towns slowly in a SUV last night, I was not hit once while inside and found that the zeds would just ignore the suv after a while

The Zeds dont need to be nerfed, while i found that they now react to gunfire and decend on you quite quickly all you have to do get inside a building and then silently (yes you CAN move silently without rolling, just takes practice) move to new location in the building, the zeds shamble to your last footstep then turn around and walk out. Apart from the hearing now working the zeds actually appear easier to shake through breaking line of light, they seem to 'give up' easier

Zed numbers are fine I have no problem moving through them it just requires more practice for those who struggle

Edited by Easy_Tiger

I don't really care what they do with the Zombies, though it amazes me how people think making them faster, hit harder, etc will make people who play a certain way change their mind. "Zombies aren't a threat" is something that is constantly tossed around on here. Almost always I get glitched and hit by a zombie who makes me bleed, and about 50% of the time they break my leg. It is what it is.

Yesterday, I was playing on a server where I broke my leg at the Elektro Firehouse/Powerplant. I hacked down the Zombie (who glitched through a wall and magically hit me) and crawled all the way towards the hospital. A guy with a Lee Enfield shot me as I crawled. Lee Enfield, loud gun. The server had death messages on, and it would have been safe to assume that in this new update that guy would have been surrounded for sure by a mass of Zombies. He didn't die, which suggests he successfully killed a player, with a loud gun, and evaded the Zombies.

All in all the patch really didn't make a difference in how people play, nor should it. In short, if you wanted Zombies to be "more of a threat" then you should be happy. Though if you wanted Zombies to be more of a threat, thinking people would cooperate more and be more friendly then obviously you're clueless.

Okay, so we all know that a new DayZ update was released. This update added a lot more features and makes this game a lot more difficult.

I have provided a list of all the things that are ridiculous. There are good things that this update has, but let's start with the bad things.

Note: This is just my personal opinion, and I am entitled to it. I am simply just making suggestions about the 1.7.5.1 update. You should not be sending me hate mail or flaming in the posts.

Bad Things

1. First of all, zombies now spawn while you are inside vehicles. This is a complete pain in the behind. They are able to hit you while you are in the car, somehow through the glass, and can rip you from your vehicle. Yes, even when the glass is not broken, the zombies still hit you and make you bleed.

2. Zombies spawn in an endless onslaught. They just keep spawning. One may find it more difficult to loot recycle barracks, let alone find a gun now. At barracks, if you kill the 5-6 zombies that spawn, 5-6 more will spawn.

3. Zombies can now communicate to each other. Now, once you are done dealing with one zombie, fifty more zombies will come after you. They will not stop chasing you, and you will pick more up along the way. I believe that this is one of the more ridiculous things that this update has to offer.

4. The visibility and hearing of zombies is unbelievable, they ARE undead, aren't they? Zombies seem like they have hearing aids and binoculars. Also, crouching past zombies does not work anymore. If I crouch with a ghillie suit on, I have a four bars next to the eye, which determine how easy it is for zombies to detect me.

5. Gone are the days where if you had 10 zombies behind you, you could go into a bush and lose them. Now, you can not play hide and seek with them. They will follow you wherever you go, and you can not lose the zombies.

6. Blood bags can give infections. This is just making it really hard to gain blood. If someone is in need of blood disparately, a hero might come along, give a blood transfusion, and infect the other person. This is only minor, but I still think it should be abolished.

7. The combat timer is insane! Put the old combat timer back in.

- Run into a tree with a vehicle, combat timer.

- Can't log-out next to your buddies, you have to be ten steps away.

- The new combat timer's time is just absurd. If you go to escape menu and it says log-out in 30 seconds, it will take about 80 seconds for it to count down to zero.

8. Peripheral dots were removed. These dots were really helpful to see zombies and potential vehicles coming. They should be put back in.

Good Things

1. New vehicles were added, a HMMWV, and a MH6J. I like that they still haven't forgotten about the vehicles. I think that the HMMWV should have a machine gun on the top of it, but that is my personal opinion. I also like the MH6J, a pitch black little bird. It is great for stealth night operations, and it will be undetectable during the night for people without night vision goggles.

2. Increased backpack sizes. A lot of the backpacks increased capacity, and new backpacks were added, including the British Assault Pack.

3. There were new guns added, including G36C variants and the Sa58 variants.

4. Bacon was added. Enough said.

5. Log-in process greatly improved. The log-in time is now shorter than what it was.

6. Debug monitor was added, you can see it by pressing Scroll Lock.

7. Ability to flip ATVs back on their wheels. They still can not go over bridges, but now you can flip them back on their wheels (Before they come down and blow up, that is.)

Recap:

- Zombies should be "nerfed".

- Reduce amount of zombies and their spawn times.

- They shouldn't be able to hit you through the car windows if they are not broken.

- Decrease combat timer time. Pretty soon you won't even be able to close the game if the combat timer keeps getting updated.

- Add peripherals back into the game.

- Good job with the new weapons and vehicles. Keep adding more!

- I like the new foods and how you have to boil/cook them.

- Its nice that you can "unflip" ATVs.

Please put your suggestions and comments as a reply. I would love to hear from you. Hopefully I am not the only one that disagrees with this update.

supposedly bad things

1. this is a good thing

2. i agree that the respawn timer is way too short, it should be possible to clear a town/city from zombies for a short while, now its just endless zombie hoard on you if you atract their attention

3. this should be limited to zombies within a short range

4. these things are supposed to only use the most basic functions of their brains right? but they immediately assume vehicle sound, gunfire and movement noise is food, none of them should send them storming with fork and knife at the ready, it should turn their attention in that direction and have them move there to see what made the noise and if they spot a player on the way then its fork and knife time.

5. just running into a bush with a zombie on your ass and it cant find you seemed stupid to me from day 1(not that i didnt take advantage of it ;)), you should be able to take advantage of the LOS, drop to the ground and if you are outside zombie hearing/visual range then it can lose interest in you and continue with its hobbies.

6. mixed feelings about it, but bloodbags are rarely a concern for me

7. this is a really great thing

8. this should be a difficulty setting(personally i dont like them in heavily populated servers, i go paranoid from them)

supposedly good things

1. great, more vehicles i never get to use :P

2. didnt like that alice is only 16 slots now

3. with zombie behavior as it is guns are scary to use, would rather have seen more SD variants or a silencer item that you could attach to certain weapons(and detach from already silenced weapons maybe?)

4. bacon

5. didnt notice any difference

6. re-added but yes good thing

7. rarely get to see one but good indeed

sorry for the long post.

The only real problem I have with this update is the never-ending swarm of zombies that come after you after killing their friends. There's no respawn time, what so ever. I shot a few zombies with a PDW in Polana Factory, and in the end, just to get down the damn stairs I killed ~200 zombies, that's absolutely ridiculous. Another weird thing I've been experiencing is, they no longer recognize walls/floors, I've had zombies teleport up 3 stories and attack me through the fucking floor, or better yet, sitting in a building, and having the damn thing smash me through the wall or teleport through it. It's annoying and definitely NEEDS to be fixed.

Here's my response to your "bad" list:

1. Fix the non-broken glass issue, otherwise this is realistic.

2. Realistic

3. Realistic

4. Boohoo

5. Are trees impenetrable fortresses?

6. Realistic

7. LOVE IT!

8. Because real life has peripheral dots to help you while driving?

I agree with almost nothing in the original post. I love a lot of the new update. I walked through Elektro during the daytime and aggro'd one or two zeds. Three words: Line Of Sight. While they may be able to see farther, they still have the same peripheral vision. You have to work the angles. Another three words: Plan Your Path. The old ways I learned for avoiding and ditching zombie aggro without firing a shot still work with only some minor adjustments. I do find myself killing more zombies, but use a crossbow, silenced weapon or a hatchet (hint: hatchet in first person or zoomed in works best). If I have no access to any of those, I have to take a much more careful approach to getting loot.

The trees can still help you not get hit, but you can, rightly, still be seen. When I had twenty zombies surround me in a tree, I sprinted out into another tree, rinse repeat... and ended up with only a couple of stragglers that I ditched behind a building. Line of sight still works as a way of getting them to lose interest. In an open field with few trees and tall bushes, it's going to be more difficult, obviously, but hey... c'est la vie.

This update brought zombies back into the gameplay and I love that - it being a zombie survival game and all.

One thing I will agree with, in part, is about blood bag infection and heroes: maybe, if you're a hero, the chance of infection from the blood bag your using goes down significantly or doesn't exist at all.

Edited by entspeak

my only concern with making the game so brutaly hard, is what does this do to fresh players who have no idea how to play..

do they die endless times over n over, until frusration sets in, and uninstall dayz ??

ther needs to be a learning curve and a area wereby new players can learn the game, but sadly DayZ has no such area, its literaly spawn in and be thrown to the Zs.

i know when i first started way back in June i died tons of times, and by the sounds of it, the new patch makes it way harder to survive then ever before..

im all for making any PVE part of the game more challenging, so the KoS issue might slow down, but you have to realize fresh players coming into DayZ need to be looked at aswell, with fresh players any/all games die..

i wonder if they could make a small area of the map thats Newb spawn area for learning basics, like a small island, have that as a seperate spawn location u can select similar to what Origins does with selectable spawn.

in this area are super basic items and VERY few possible Zs so new players can learn how to loot/equip/move all that stuff.. then when ready swim to the main land..

Edited by Siberian

my only concern with making the game so brutaly hard, is what does this do to fresh players who have no idea how to play..

do they die endless times over n over[...]?

That's kind of the appeal, you know? Unlike games that take you by the hand and changes your diapers until you have successfully mastered WASD movement and the concept of a mouse, this one just places you on the footsteps of Mt.Everest and says "here you go, have a try, see how far you get".

The only thing, aside from bugs, that I think makes the game too difficult at the moment is the fact that zombies re-spawn instantly, even if a player is right next to the spawn.

Not only does this make the game hard, but its also stupid & breaks immersion.

• Like 2

5. Gone are the days where if you had 10 zombies behind you, you could go into a bush and lose them. Now, you can not play hide and seek with them. They will follow you wherever you go, and you can not lose the zombies.

I don´t know what but you are doing something wrong.

It has good things and bad things but the thing is when the new update comes out will it fix the bad things and not mess the good things up ? now what was the good things and bad things again ? lol

It has good things and bad things but the thing is when the new update comes out will it fix the bad things and not mess the good things up ? now what was the good things and bad things again ? lol

Everyone has opinions of the game. Some people like certain features while others do not. The popular bandit/no bandit skin argument... Or the Debug monitor/no debug monitor argument. One would like to think that an update will only improve, and not ruin things. The term whiner is frequently used when one party disagrees with a decision the update made, but those same people whine when something they think is important to them is changed.

The latest update did a lot of good, especially with the performance of the game. It also fixed the hearing of the Zombies, but some people think that the hearing/sight is a little too advanced; and they make a valid point. Others don't understand while when the combat indicator is not going off that they have to wait a really long counted 30 seconds to abort for the night, and make another valid point.

Then you have things where they implement one idea, but don't fix a preexisting problem. IE, helicopters leak fuel if their windscreens are damaged; which is pretty easily done in the new update since Zombies attack windscreens. So why do helicopters still leak fuel if their windscreens are damaged???

Then there comes the issue of why do Zombies respawn almost immediately? What purpose does that serve? If Zombies never die because as soon as one goes down, another spawns, then what is the point in engaging Zombies and wasting your valuable ammunition or risk getting the one-hit bleed/leg fracture?

I will note that some things, and again this goes back to a player's perspective on what they think is important, that players overreact about certain things. The new barrel roll? Not a concern. The increased infection chances? Who cares... The infection thing is yet another broken mechanic of this game anyways.

• Like 1

TBH...I think he's just bad at the game.

I am not bad at the game.

That is poisoning the well, which is a faulty logic.

Ever hear of them? Probably not.

How about a hotfix for the insta-spawning? That cant be too hard can it? Just go in there and change the numbers for the spawn timer! :D *clueless about programming*

Aside from that issue i love the new patch.

Edited by Droidlife

How about a hotfix for the insta-spawning? That cant be too hard can it? Just go in there and change the numbers for the spawn timer! :D *clueless about programming*

Aside from that issue i love the new patch.

I think the insta-spawning is definitely a coding error on their part.

Needs to be fixed soon in the next update.

Point me to the source and I'll have a look. Oh right, that's now how it works.

Here's hoping it gets patched at least eventually.

Edited by Elvaron

To everyone -- I cleared some things up in the original post. I kept the text, but struck it through so that you can still see it.

A lot of you are right, more realism and stuff. But there are some errors and glitches that need fixed. Its only alpha, they will be fixed later.

It's a punishing game, and in many ways a test of character. Kind of why I like it.

However, it doesn't come close to the punishment meted out by Dark Souls.

Anyone ever play Manic MIner on the Commodore 64? Or Dark Star where the game took half an hour to load and then had to be reloaded every time you died?

I was 10 years old and learned vaulable lessons in patience and frustration.

I'm being a bit random, I know :rolleyes:

I'm sure 90% of these ppl saying QQ it's mean to be hard, haven't tried starting from the shore with a backpack, bandage and flashlight with latest patch.

You need an axe to protect yourself which puts you in range of being hit. Twice today I've got hit and went unconscious... if you go unconscious, you're dead.

Zeds can still walk through walls, why not fix the obvious ...

Edited by sibble