GrassyKnoll

New Update Makes DayZ Extremely Difficult

My only gripe with the updates are the super-eyesight and super-hearing combo of zombies(even crawling sometimes argo a few zeds over a wall) and zeds respawn too quickly.

I can still lose zombies in the bushes it just takes a little more bushes and time to complete. it is strange when I am drawing aggro from cherno, yet I am still 400-500 distance from the northern boundry. I seen the first cherno proper zombie, he aggroed, but I thought it must be another player so I knelt, looked for the other player only to realize seconds later that it was coming for me. That does not make sense in the slightest.

I don't like the empty cans which are in my BP after I drink/eat something. What the hell is that about? just another step i have to take to keep my already too small pack organized. our pack sizes should be increased, they are completely unreal as I have several different types of packs and I can tell you I can easily stuff 4-5 times of gear in them then we currently do.

I thought it was the specific server I was on but maybe its this bug, er I mean patch which is spawning more trash loot then useful items, tin cans everywhere!!

Slight tweak to scale back the zeds awareness and I think you will have dialed it in nicely.

And , after watching the standalone zed game, how come you guys can't fix the stuip Tom cruise run this avatar does? His arms are all out of wack and he looks like an idiot running.

It's certainly a shock to the system, one round fired at Stary med tents attracted what seemed like the whole town to me. I looted NWA with a frigging axe as a pistol is way to risky but then creeping around NWA with just an axe ain't exactly risk free, especially as you go into 1st person to tip toe. You think you are gonna be shot in the back of the head any minute.

The balance needed shifting, it remains to be seen if things have shifted to far to zombie survival from the pvp death match that a lot of folk like to play.

So far I'm enjoying the changes. :)

I think I agree with this post but I think it's just phrased poorly so that it sounds like we want an EASIER game. yes some of the suggestions make it sound like he wants an easier game, but from my experience the zombies seem broken.

Often what would happen is I would get an agro far away, which is fine. I would kill the agro with an axe or silenced weapon and not have a single zombie in my line of site. after about 2 minutes of running and putting about 1 km between me and when I got spotted, a group of 10 zombies would run over a hill after me like they had gps to know exactly where I was.... no player or zombie is that smart. This takes away from the realism and smoothness of the game.

Recap:

zombie communication = good

zombie gps = bad

• Like 1

2. Zombies spawn in an endless onslaught. They just keep spawning. One may find it more difficult to loot recycle barracks, let alone find a gun now. At barracks, if you kill the 5-6 zombies that spawn, 5-6 more will spawn.

I hope this is not true, cause that's insane

I think the hearing and visibility of the infected is good. You have to be more careful. Also, they are alive and infected, not dead.

I like zombies being harder. It's something I've been wanting for a long time.

I do agree that making zombies communicate with each other is a cheap way to make them more difficult.

With the hearing being bugged (Run on roads and tell me it's fixed) and zombies "talking" to each other in 80 METERS, you will get every zombie from that town/city to chase you after you aggro a single zombie.

Edited by Sutinen

Also, they are alive and infected, not dead.

Oh please, do you honestly believe that was a deliberate choice and not a fluff explanation for why they are the way they are?

The engine/AI is limited, slow&stupid walkers would be no threat to players at this point, so they're monsters with a human skin.

They fall into the lesser zombie-esque category more like aliens than risen dead, and that's coming from someone who plays 'All Flesh Must Be Eaten'.

Stop firing your enfield in town, may make it easier...

Im very suprised at this as i can still sneak past zombies while crouching, even if i do aggro them running through trees/bushes/buildings still looses them, so as far as im concerned it needs to be harder...cant wait to see the forum when the SA drops and zombies can run in doors! ho ho ho

• Like 1

The only problem i have with the update is the logout timer when you are clear and want to log out for the night.

Why shouldn't zombies spawn when you are in a vehicle? Why wouldn't they smash the glass in an attempt to get you?

The zombie communication is such that if one zombie sees that another zombie is chasing prey why wouldn't he join in the fun? The days of aggroing 1 lone zombie who just happened to see you are over - he now brings friends.

Actually, the more i look at your Bad Things list the more i realise you don't want a survival game - you want a game where you aren't inconvenienced as you loot stuff.

It's the apocalypse and the zombies want your ass - deal with it.

I'm starting to think that many of Dayz's fans aren't zombie fans, they want to PvP with no zombie trouble and want 30 minutes to loot every single loot location.

I spawned at Cherno and could only get to the outskirts to find myself an M1911 (Lucky me) I then turned to see about 30 zeds chasing me, so I got the hell out of there. The update makes the game exciting! you have to slowly crawl -not crouch- through small towns for the can of Beans you need so desperately.

Dayz is hard, why not accept that you need to adapt -i hate saying that- to the new update, especially since it's only been out a day or two, sure there are bugs but bugs can be fixed.

• Like 1

I dont understand all this QQ posts about the new patch, why dont you all go play cod, warz or something?

and from what ive heard, the mod is going to be a flower medow compared to the shit storm the SA will bring.

• Like 2

There is no longer any "sneak past zombies"....they spot you crawling at 100 meters and more.

The people claiming it's fine that it's difficult haven't actually experienced how easily Zeds now spot you. It's no longer possible to go into a town to a grocery store alone and escape alive....they will spot you and likely kill you in a huge mass of Zeds.

When I claim they can spot you crawling at 100 meters, I'm not exagerating...and I think they can spot you out to 200 meters, in the rain, while you are crawling....it's that bad. It makes it impossible to stealth any longer.

This isn't a small bug...it needs addressed as it's a game killer.

You must be playing a different game then, im able to accomplish all that you say you cant.

• Like 2

I played the new version for the first time last night. Normally I've been playing on servers that start you with something small, like the hatchet. This one didn't have that, but I managed to run around and find a hatchet and pistol. During the time that I didn't have a weapon, it didn't seem to me that the zeds were any more powerful or aware. I easily lost them. As a matter of fact, I even commented on the server that it seemed easier to shake them. Simply going to the roof of a building and waiting a short period of time worked.

If what people are saying is true, and the zeds are seeing you from the outskirts of a city at a ridiculous distance, then that's probably a little silly. Think about how you feel when you have the flu. Your senses are obscured, you move slowly, you feel like crap. Now, think how you'd feel if you were infected. I don't think it would heighten your senses. I haven't tested the crawl/crouch thing to see how sensitive the zeds are, as I just read about it here, and didn't experience it myself.

The instant respawn of zeds that people are talking about also sounds a little silly. There probably should at least be a bit of a delay. Again, I didn't experience this because I wasn't worried about nit picking when I was playing. I was worrying about surviving.

Lastly, the OP mentioned the zed's ability to hit you, and hurt you, while you are in the vehicle. Sounds like a glitch to me, like how they can hit you through walls and walk through doors. I guess that's the result of them being able to damage the vehicle. Maybe that's something that could be addressed, because I'm sure the devs didn't intend the zeds to be able to harm you inside a vehicle before they even destroy the glass.

Just my $.02 worth. :)

Think about how you feel when you have the flu. Your senses are obscured, you move slowly, you feel like crap. Now, think how you'd feel if you were infected. I don't think it would heighten your senses.
If the zeds had my powers of perception, they'd be bloody useless. ^_^

EDIT: - On-topic

The respawn rate of Zeds has always been daft.

I remember, a looooooong while back, during the n00b-ages, being pinned down in a post office to the east of NWAF because every time I killed a zed I could see another spawn outside and instantly run in the door.

There's "challenging", and then there's "bloody stupid".

Edited by Chabowski

geez - is this some kind of joke ?! - every new patch make Dayz more easy - and also boring ... Ok if you look on dayz like on clumzy COD then yes zeds are fking anoying - they should be nerfed more or even removed :D

It's a shame we can't have more zeds spawn all at the same time.

It'd be WAY more fun/dangerous, and a horde would be an actual horde instead of the same 10 guys every 5 seconds!

I like the struggle, but trying to make a stand anywhere feels like bailing out a boat with a teaspoon.

• Like 1

Hi All,

First post!

Right, so I've only been playing dayz for about a week, though I'm an ARMA 2 vet... Anyway, I just thought I'd chime in re:the new patch. I think it's AWESOME!

The way I look at it, the zeds won the war, right? They destroyed civilization, to include "winning" the war against the most modern, high-tech weapons of war imaginable. THEY WON. So I would expect the game to be a challenge for a lone survivor washing up on shore a few weeks later, with nothing on him but a bottle of asprin.

Right? So we shouldn't be able to run around without a care, the zeds more an annoyance than anything. They should be VERY scary. I've watched all the FrankieonPC vids on youtube (hilarious!), but you can tell that the zeds are a joke to a properly kitted player. That doesn't make sense, how were they able to wipe out civilization if a guy with NVG and an AKM can be so overpowering?

So last night I started a game on the new patch. First game, went in to Electro... got spotted and swarmed. The end. Second game, spawned over by the little town on the Southwest coast. I skirted the town, and headed for the cluster of 3 treestands north of there. I was able to sneak in and out, having gathered a map and some soda as loot. BTW, stealth is my weak point, been needing to work on that anyway. Went to next treestand, got in and back out with the UZI style pistol and some ammo. Went to the third stand... This one had 4 zeds, hanging much closer to the treestand, not wondering off.... Decided discretion is the better part of valor in this case. Better find some shelter and food...

See? I think that is what makes the new patch an improvement: you have to scout, stay low, and make hard choices... And even then, you probably won't make it out alive. No more run and gun. Which will just make any PvP you do eventually get into all the more dramatic. Just my 2 cents.

The Honey Badger.

The zombies are a little more challenging now, which is good. I don't see how they are overpowered and need to be nerfed. Just last night i crouch walked into vybor, made it almost all the way to the grocery store before I got spotted. So i ran into the school across the street, lost the followers, then crouch walked across the street into the grocery store.

I also went prone to avoid Z's last night, for the first time in a long time, and it was kinda nice. Avoiding Z's is still very possible, just may require a slight change in tactics.

Edited by GenTroy

geez - is this some kind of joke ?! - every new patch make Dayz more easy - and also boring ... Ok if you look on dayz like on clumzy COD then yes zeds are fking anoying - they should be nerfed more or even removed :D

9rvNsfj.png

I call this thread bullshit. Played 5 hours now and nothing changed. You just keep speeding through the town, and you either wont agro any zombie, or they just chase you until you enter a building, or they could be easy choped down with an axt inside the building. After that you could loot the building and speed to the next one.

• Like 1

Okay, so we all know that a new DayZ update was released. This update added a lot more features and makes this game a lot more difficult.

I have provided a list of all the things that are ridiculous. There are good things that this update has, but let's start with the bad things.

Note: This is just my personal opinion, and I am entitled to it. I am simply just making suggestions about the 1.7.5.1 update. You should not be sending me hate mail or flaming in the posts.

Bad Things

1. First of all, zombies now spawn while you are inside vehicles. This is a complete pain in the behind. They are able to hit you while you are in the car, somehow through the glass, and can rip you from your vehicle. Yes, even when the glass is not broken, the zombies still hit you and make you bleed.

2. Zombies spawn in an endless onslaught. They just keep spawning. One may find it more difficult to loot recycle barracks, let alone find a gun now. At barracks, if you kill the 5-6 zombies that spawn, 5-6 more will spawn.

3. Zombies can now communicate to each other. Now, once you are done dealing with one zombie, fifty more zombies will come after you. They will not stop chasing you, and you will pick more up along the way. I believe that this is one of the more ridiculous things that this update has to offer.

4. The visibility and hearing of zombies is unbelievable, they ARE undead, aren't they? Zombies seem like they have hearing aids and binoculars. Also, crouching past zombies does not work anymore. If I crouch with a ghillie suit on, I have a four bars next to the eye, which determine how easy it is for zombies to detect me.

5. Gone are the days where if you had 10 zombies behind you, you could go into a bush and lose them. Now, you can not play hide and seek with them. They will follow you wherever you go, and you can not lose the zombies.

6. Blood bags can give infections. This is just making it really hard to gain blood. If someone is in need of blood disparately, a hero might come along, give a blood transfusion, and infect the other person. This is only minor, but I still think it should be abolished.

7. The combat timer is insane! Put the old combat timer back in.

- Run into a tree with a vehicle, combat timer.

- Can't log-out next to your buddies, you have to be ten steps away.

- The new combat timer's time is just absurd. If you go to escape menu and it says log-out in 30 seconds, it will take about 80 seconds for it to count down to zero.

8. Peripheral dots were removed. These dots were really helpful to see zombies and potential vehicles coming. They should be put back in.

Please put your suggestions and comments as a reply. I would love to hear from you. Hopefully I am not the only one that disagrees with this update.

I'll try to give my opinion about the bad things replying the points you stressed:

1) I agree with you about this point about the possibility to be hit by a Z while you are inside a vehichle.

2) When I think about a Z apocalypse I imagine a very bad situation. Try to imagine the amount of people of a small city or village, I suppose survivors could face a big number of infected, not only 5 or 6. Playing for the first time I faced a little horde, but for a while I was safe and I can get some item before leave the attack area.

3-4) I never knew a Z (I'm not so sure about some people I know... :)), so for my knowledge them could be as they are represented in DayZ.

5) Thank god that days are gone, forever I hope. The real weird thing is indeed that a player can run endlessly to flee away, in a real situation soon or late, willing or not, one must stop and face the unevitable.

6) I almost agree with you about this point, but if power systems doesn't work I suppose the blood bags should be totally useless because lack of preservation conditions at all (I could even talk about a scandal about infected blood happened in my country in the 80'...but this is not the right place to do it).

7) yes, I agree. I usually play alone and I waited for at least 2 minutes before be able to log off without aggroed Z's in the neighborhoods.

8) I don't miss the peripheral dots, especially when you are overwhelmed by a firmament of those, especially when them spots objects undoubtedly outside the peripheral visual range or even further.

I suppose you understood that I like DayZ as a living hell.

Bye!

I'll try to give my opinion about the bad things replying the points you stressed:

1) I agree with you about this point about the possibility to be hit by a Z while you are inside a vehichle.

2) When I think about a Z apocalypse I imagine a very bad situation. Try to imagine the amount of people of a small city or village, I suppose survivors could face a big number of infected, not only 5 or 6. Playing for the first time I faced a little horde, but for a while I was safe and I can get some item before leave the attack area.

3-4) I never knew a Z (I'm not so sure about some people I know... :)), so for my knowledge them could be as they are represented in DayZ.

5) Thank god that days are gone, forever I hope. The real weird thing is indeed that a player can run endlessly to flee away, in a real situation soon or late, willing or not, one must stop and face the unevitable.

6) I almost agree with you about this point, but if power systems doesn't work I suppose the blood bags should be totally useless because lack of preservation conditions at all (I could even talk about a scandal about infected blood happened in my country in the 80'...but this is not the right place to do it).

7) yes, I agree. I usually play alone and I waited for at least 2 minutes before be able to log off without aggroed Z's in the neighborhoods.

8) I don't miss the peripheral dots, especially when you are overwhelmed by a firmament of those, especially when them spots objects undoubtedly outside the peripheral visual range or even further.

I suppose you understood that I like DayZ as a living hell.

Bye!

TBH...I think he's just bad at the game.