mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

didnt see so i just ask, loot spawning correctly when in vehicles now as well?

or do i still need to leave 100 m before entering a building otherwise its just empty and no loot.

This will makes things a little more challenging, which is good IMO. :-)

Awesome work guys......keep going! :-)

Something tells me this is going to breathe new life into the MOD. I think the zombies being able to damage cars and pull you from them is a huge addition. Its going to make rescue missions even more risky thus making them more fun.

Crossbow is my favorite weapon. It's silent and very accurate if used right.

Though it's incredibly gimping, the fact that a single arrow takes up a whole inventory slot.

That's something I've been wanting for a long time... arrow stacking, or even better -> a QUIVER!

If this was hotfixed for this patch, I'd jizz my pants.

• Like 2

I'm just trying to get hold of the Teamoldskool head admin to get this patch up and running on UK 498.

Then it's some serious bug reporting time!

Amaaaaazing. Have been waiting with baited breath for this update for ages. Zombies spawning/being able to damage/pull you from cars is the most exciting bit for me. I can see that creating some iiiintense situations!

Ahhh come on work day. Please hurry up and be over...Should finish work by 5 today, so back home by 6, giving me 2 hours or so before girlfriend gets home...

then go go go!!

ohhh and FLIPPING ATVS!!! :D :D

Finally :D

Woah!! And damage processing zombies thingy...freeing up CPU cycles. Any idea how much of an impact that would have? VERY interested in that with my computer! As im 100% sure my cpu is currently the limiting factor. And my fps diiies in the presence of zombies. Hopeful man :D

Edited by Wiggle Baron

Is there an update to the BattlEye files as well? I'm running on 1.7.5.1 and immediately had a couple players get kicked for Script Restriction #44.

EDIT: I've now had 40 or so kicks for this.

In my scripts file, this is the offending line:

5 setFuel !"\"setFuel\"," !"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_setFuel.sqf" !"\"dayzSetFuel\""

NEVERMIND! I see the mission file generator in the OP. Ignore this.

Edited by Skydive

1) Why should a rabbit yield the most "blood value" when cooked?

It does not make any sense, other than the devs entertain some kind of twisted notion of "balancing" (rabbits are difficult to catch, ergo more valuable). Rabbits are inherently difficult to catch/kill, why this need for rewarding the player? Why having this silly bonus as some kind of incentive, why have people go running after rabbits?

I suppose a player would be forced to use a firearm or a crossbow for killing a rabbit (as opposed to use a hatchet) and if using a firearm attract the attention of zombies and other players, but that would not explain having the rabbit offer the highest "blood" yield of all the meat objects.

2) Why the poor storage space in a HMMWV? Even less than the storage amount of any decent backpack with respect for the amount of magazines to be carried.

Edited by Treehugger
  • Like 4

It does not make any sense, other than the devs entertain some kind of twisted notion of "balancing" (rabbits are difficult to catch, ergo more valuable). Rabbits are inherently difficult to catch/kill, why this need for rewarding the player? Why having this silly bonus as some kind of incentive, why have people go running after rabbits?

If you need blood, you will go after any animal. If you need to, and you find a rabbit, you will hunt it. And getting 2 bits of meat out of a rabbit doesnt make sense in a literal sense, so 1 bit of more robust meat does. In fact, rabbits a pretty dam robust form of meat anyway. Proper meaty.

Beyond that, its fun...relax, its a game.

You sparked my interest to look into it. According nutritiondata.self.com, rabbit meat contains 173 calories per 100g, whereas beef provides 142.

Far from conclusive stuff. There are like 500 versions of each type of meat lol depending on the cut, how fatty it is etc...Im just at work, bored...and want to be playing 1.7.5...

Edited by Wiggle Baron
  • Like 2

I suppose a player would be forced to use a firearm or a crossbow for killing a rabbit (as opposed to use a hatchet) and if using a firearm attract the attention of zombies and other players, but that would not explain having the rabbit offer the highest "blood" yield of all the meat objects.

2) Why the poor storage space in a HMMWV? Even less than the storage amount of any decent backpack with respect for the amount of magazines to be carried.

Where does it say poor storage in the Humvees?

1 Try killing a rabbit with a melee weapon you have to waste ammo to kill and ammo is becoming harder to find + the noise from weapon fire.

2 you can fill 4 backpacks full of gear that's 24 slots X 4 bags = 96 slots (just don't forget to remove the backpacks before a restart)

We are trying to pull back some survival to make players think about what they do.

It's not perfect but we feel we are getting closer.

• Like 7

* [NEW] - 4 New Raw food. ("FoodbaconRaw","FoodchickenRaw","FoodmuttonRaw","foodrabbitRaw")

No "FoodgoatmeatRaw"? Shame the bacon wasn't called pork as bacon is only got from a pig after processing the meat while all raw pig-meat is 'pork'.

* [FIXED] - Variable spelling mistakes hsould be corrected now.

LOL.

All in all - great job! Thanks!

Edited by Digby
  • Like 1