mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

Will you ever be able to fix items vanishing due to overflow ? I HATE IT !

Oh love the patch! Tons of beans!

I'm a bit confused. You are trying to be realistic yet if I am reading this correctly, you can now put 6 weapons in a coyote backpack along with having 24 slots? How is that in any way realistic?

• Like 4

So it seems like everyone is going to be sick all the time, is the spawn rate on antibiotics going to get any better? :-P

Can someone explain in detail what's the matter with the updated backpacks?

Does that mean the Coyote Backpack has 24 item slots AND 6 Weapon slots?

If yes, I'm disappointed, because that is really not what I call survival and realism... Even if it's 24 items OR 6 Weapons, It's bullshit. Why not immediately make the inventory infinite, so we can spare the search for backpacks...

Also, I'm having problems with the Update. I have only managed to join 1 Server so far, which is currently down.

All other servers are giving me the "Something went wrong, disconnect and try again" and then "Wrong version of dayz_code, you are running 1.7.5.1, the server is running 1.7.4.4" error.

Some gave me the "Kicked by BattlEye, Script Restriction #44" Error

I'm using DayZCommander, Mod Files and Beta Patch are applied, I installed them manually first, later re-installed through DayZCommander.

All Servers I tried are listed as having Version 1.7.5.1.

• Like 1

So it seems like everyone is going to be sick all the time, is the spawn rate on antibiotics going to get any better? :-P

probably, I found some in the first medical box i checked.

Just updated my server and im getting alot of #44 kicks.

I have updated my scripts.txt like i did for 1.7.4.4.

Any ideas?

d.

Where's my phone, I need to call in sick for work.

if you do that you are a freak its not like you can play it only for 1 day..

I think the idea was to make ammo more rare so that you would need to carry multiple guns to have enough firepower going forward?

I don't know I think I'm misreading how backpacks work now.

• Like 1

* [NEW] - RawMeat blood values (beef-100,rabbit-400,bacon-150,chicken-100,mutton-100).

* [NEW] - Cookedmeat blood values (beef-600,rabbit-1600,bacon-400,chicken-400,mutton-400).

Why so much? I know it's hard to catch and it's kind of a reward, but this is simply unrealistic and does not fit in the game.

1600 Blood? Come on, you can't be serious with that.

Greetz

Edited by Pawlzz

if you do that you are a freak its not like you can play it only for 1 day..

A little judgmental, are we? It's not like it's illegal to live for fun.

I bet his boss wouldn't lose any sleep tonight if he died either so it's not like he's leaving his wife at the train station.

• Like 1

I realy love the update, big THX to devteam, but i still got 1 concern about it... As we can see many efforts been put to prevent players from combat logs, and also aborting zombies instead of dealing with them. But all this went for nothing as players can still ''kill'' process in windows, which instantly log them out of game server. I wish we could have something like players ''ghost'' staying on server for like 30s after forced disconnect. Very sorry for my bad english but i hope you can guess what i ment to say ;)

Blood transfusion Infections, zombie's pulling people from cars, tin can litter and boiling water are cool in a technical way but fucking retarded in a "this was neat for 5min. but now it's just ultra annoying" kind of way.

Sure, it's probably fun for the devs to work it out and see just how far they can push the envelope, but over-complication and nuisance for the sake of nuisance are a good way to please a tiny yet vocal minority while pissing off everyone else.

Edited by Diz
  • Like 5

Blood transfusion Infections and boiling water are fucking retarded.

Sure, it's probably cool for the devs to work it out and see just how far they can push the envelope, but over-complication and nuisance for the sake of nuisance are a good way to please a tiny minority while pissing off a huge majority.

Becouse of ppl like you games like Call of Duty still exists

• Like 6

Blood transfusion Infections, zombie's pulling people from cars, tin can litter and boiling water are cool in a technical way but fucking retarded in a "this was neat for 5min. but now I hate it" kind of way.

Sure, it's probably fun for the devs to work it out and see just how far they can push the envelope, but over-complication and nuisance for the sake of nuisance are a good way to please a tiny yet vocal minority while pissing off everyone else.

You must be really dumb if "take medicine when sick" is a nuisance or "pushing the envelope".

Zeds seem to charge like raging bulls towards the player at 2-3x the speed, suddenly dis-appearing and re-appearing on sight, like drunk.

Makarov now attracts hordes like if it was firing a rifle caliber.

Quite unrewarding for a casual player, let alone a n00b as it is - expect more hacker folks to boot.

Just my two cents :D

• Like 1

Becouse of ppl like you games like Call of Duty still exists

I knew this kind of elitist BS would pop up sooner or later, but damn some are quick

If any further assistance is needed do not hesitate and let me know :)

Sweet bacon.

With all this stuff here. I wonder how the standalone will look (surely better that the mod)

to bad i lose my m136... i wish i could use it and rocket the sh*t out of a camper lol.

I'm rather surprised to see a gun from the formerly-called republic of mine (Czechoslovak vz. 58) in the game.

Here in Slovakia they're run of the mill and semi versions go for ultra cheap, also Canadians sports shooters prefer them due to their AK ban.

[/reallife]

Blood bags causing infections.. whuh, aren't they packed sterile ?

And if we talk bout realism, why gun jamming is not implemented?

Especially in M16s and so.. imagine yourself being in bandits' hideout somewhere, you spot one and there it goes CLACK! (full metal jacket anyone?)

• Like 1

Blood transfusion Infections, zombie's pulling people from cars, tin can litter and boiling water are cool in a technical way but fucking retarded in a "this was neat for 5min. but now it's just ultra annoying" kind of way.

Rocket is out of good ideas and he now less than ever appears to know the difference between "frustrating" and "challenging".

Because all this new shit only makes the game more frustrating for no reason, and he can't think of any new content that would save DayZ from becoming totally senseless PvP. I hope some admins will keep his stupid ideas out of private servers. I'm rolling back to 1.7.4.4 now.

• Like 1

GREAT WORK GUYS, and THANKS!

:D

I for one love the changes, makes DayZ a real challenge!

Edited by Miami_bat

I'm rather surprised to see a gun from the formerly-called republic of mine (Czechoslovak vz. 58) in the game.

Here in Slovakia they're run of the mill and semi versions go for ultra cheap, also Canadians sports shooters prefer them due to their AK ban.

[/reallife]

LOL it's because Arma is made by Czechs and they put all kinds of Czech gear into the game. Even most inscriptions in Russian-speaking Chernarus are in Czech :D Tbh I think it kills immersion if you know Eastern Europe.

[/reallife]

Blood bags causing infections.. whuh, aren't they packed sterile ?

And if we talk bout realism, why gun jamming is not implemented?

Especially in M16s and so.. imagine yourself being in bandits' hideout somewhere, you spot one and there it goes CLACK! (full metal jacket anyone?)

It's a work-in-progress, give them some time to sort things out.

Oh it surely does. In fact, the roadsigns are in pseudo Russian, but there are billboards in mostly Czech or Slovak, mostly puns of local beer brands.

And if we talk about chernarus being a post soviet state, well Czechoslovakia wasnt a partition of the USSR at all! That's discrimination! [/sarcasm]

Bohemia Interactive, darn should have known the "Bohemia" is not for mere fun in it.

(Might be we don't call the Czechs "Bohemians" in my language. Kinda outlawish it would have been)

Edited by climatex