Sign in to follow this  
whiteboy greg

EASY MODE!

Just kidding.

Although I think it is important to have options that allow more people to enjoy the game.

Let people have fun on an private hive server with easier options and maybe some day they will come play with the big boys on a hive server.

I've played plenty of multiplayer focused games and the thing that keeps them going is new players. Not just new players but players of different skill.

If you are opposed to this please tell me how people playing on private hives affects the way you play on your favorite server.

Edited by whiteboy greg
  • Like 1

If you are opposed to his [sic]

Um... opposed to what?

I cant find the quote but im almost positive Ive seen Rocket say that this game will not cater to everyone by making things easier. The game is meant to be punishing and unforgiving.

• Like 6

I cant find the quote but im almost positive Ive seen Rocket say that this game will not cater to everyone by making things easier. The game is meant to be punishing and unforgiving.

Yeah, your probably right.

The game kind of does cater to everyone with the server options as they are now,

But if that is his stance I think it's short sighted.

Well whether or not I am opposed depends on what you mean by "easier settings"... and private hives having access to easier settings seems to tend towards most all private hives having those settings on, which could be a problem if the public hive "goes down". Look at the public hive now, a shadow of its former self.

Same reason serial killers in another country make you feel sick.

Yeah, he's not going to interact with you, but the fact that murdered people is sickening.

It's kinda the same with this.

Except less "sickening", and more upsetting.

"Why shouldn't THEY play on the same level with us?"

or

"Can't they play the game it was meant to be played?"

Easier settings brony. As in making the game less difficult for people who are new to the game or genre.

Same reason serial killers in another country make you feel sick.

Yeah, he's not going to interact with you, but the fact that murdered people is sickening.

It's kinda the same with this.

Except less "sickening", and more upsetting.

"Why shouldn't THEY play on the same level with us?"

or

"Can't they play the game it was meant to be played?"

That's a horrible analogy.

And you dodged the question like a politicion.

How does it effect the way you PLAY.

Edited by whiteboy greg

Honestly it feels like people think they will lose some kind of street cred if the games has some easier setting.

Like your going to be arguing with some dark souls fan on kotaku about whos game is more "hardcore" and if there are easier settings in Dayz that means your not as fucking badass as the dark souls fan?

Am I getting this right?

That's a horrible analogy.

And you dodged the question like a politicion.

How does it effect the way you PLAY.

Servers always go for the easy option. Almost no one would play the actual game.

Honestly it feels like people think they will lose some kind of street cred if the games has some easier setting.

Like your going to be arguing with some dark souls fan on kotaku about whos game is more "hardcore" and if there are easier settings in Dayz that means your not as fucking badass as the dark souls fan?

Am I getting this right?

What? That has nothing to do with it.

One of the reasons DayZ is special is because it forces you to adapt. Instead of finding a new, easier server, you have to learn from your mistakes.

• Like 2

Servers always go for the easy option. Almost no one would play the actual game.

I agree. Which is why if every server is the exact same "almost noone will play the actual game".

What? That has nothing to do with it.

One of the reasons DayZ is special is because it forces you to adapt. Instead of finding a new, easier server, you have to learn from your mistakes.

Absolutley I fucking agree. SOOOOOOOOO why the fuck do I care what people do on other servers? I'm having fun on my server.

Easier settings brony. As in making the game less difficult for people who are new to the game or genre.

Well I was new to it and it seemed fine for me.

In my opinion, DayZ should have a similar level of difficulty to Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja difficulty... otherwise it's getting into COD territory. ZWgYW4D.gif

Well I was new to it and it seemed fine for me.

In my opinion, DayZ should have a similar level of difficulty to Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja difficulty... otherwise it's getting into COD territory. ZWgYW4D.gif

Fair enough brony.

I wouldn't mind being forced to wear a pink shirt or something if I chose easy mode.

Am I getting this right?

You're not understanding.

The point of the game, as stated, is to force you to adapt.

It doesn't affect my gameplay. It affects the game.

(Dark Souls isn't that hard.)

Fair enough brony.

I wouldn't mind being forced to wear a pink shirt or something if I chose easy mode.

Hmmm, clothing changes à la "I Wanna Be The Guy"?

That could work.

• Like 1

No because the playerbase isnt COD or Halo size so giving people easy options is a bad idea which will split the players.

Just look how many servers are out there with 5000 vehicles, custom spawn gear etc.

While this is partly brought on by scripters frustrating other players by destroying their vehicles and robbing their gear, it is a trend of this generation of games to be easy.

Working hard with blood and sweat for your gear creates a fan base of people who are skilled. However, the initial phase of learning is really hard, hard enough to deter this fast food generation of players to skip the queue and go straight for the fucking happy meal. Which would be the servers where most shit is just given to them.

Edited by intensity

this is really a main problem... rocket wants to build a game as he wants it to play, difference this time around is; success will be defined by how much they'll sell, $ yes, money, once more being the fucker $.

It is actually interesting to do a "voter transition analysis" why ppl went playing / got hooked on WarZ. well you may say " thanks god, because no one'll miss these type of players in dayz" but just sayin'

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

which part of the dayz do you enjoy the most? to each his own, but for me the first couple of days, when I didn't know sh**** and than actually found a lee, I really felt I achieved something; and as I was playing assassin creed couple of days ago, it just didn't give me that feeling of achievement; if you offer people easier gameplay, they are just playing for bragging rights, but miss the best part of the game... And I would have less people to mess with.

And devs would have to spend their time to implement these options instead of presenting the game sooner, arghhh

which part of the dayz do you enjoy the most? to each his own, but for me the first couple of days, when I didn't know sh**** and than actually found a lee, I really felt I achieved something; and as I was playing assassin creed couple of days ago, it just didn't give me that feeling of achievement; if you offer people easier gameplay, they are just playing for bragging rights, but miss the best part of the game... And I would have less people to mess with.

And devs would have to spend their time to implement these options instead of presenting the game sooner, arghhh

I like the game for the same reasons you do I think.

My first hours were frantic. I had no idea what I was doing and it was great fun.

And then a gif of xzibit calling me a faggot appeared and I died.

I don't think some of these options would really be that difficult to implement, but that's beside the point.

I focus on the fun I'm having while playing a game. When I'm playing dayz 2017 and I'm trying to find a hunting knife so I dont' starve to death I'm not thinking about the the guy on another server who starts with a full kit.

I think the more options you have the more people will play.

Edited by whiteboy greg

I don't have a problem with there being different servers which cater for other play styles, but i wouldn't want there to be any cross over.

If you play an "easy" server then you shouldn't be allowed to jump over to a "normal" one just because you got geared up and feel bad ass.

• Like 3