rocket

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2013

Chernaurus is almost fully copied from the sourroundings of Ústí nad Labem, Czech Republic.

Hopefully i will drive during the summer holidays there. GFs family lives near "Zob" :D

PS: Very nice Infos about the SA. Hopefully the tests will result very positive results *fingercrossing*

Man this clouds look awesome! Q: do they make a shadow on the ground it they line up with the sun?

Man this clouds look awesome! Q: do they make a shadow on the ground it they line up with the sun?

Rocket said they block the sun when between the screen and the sun

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Clouds only block the sun glare.They dont cast shadow on the ground...atleast not in TOH.

EDIT:Btw they can fake shadow casting from the clouds but it will not match the actual clouds.Alot of games use this trick.

Edited by ICO_hr

Just imagine the new mechanics with me for a few seconds guys.

Or it wont change at all, you still can you shoot and not loot... like alot cases are now. That the equipment and consumables are more rare makes the differend when you dont have 20 mags for DMR for camping at elektro hill.

And the closequarters combat will be more rare as you wanna keep your unique character and equipment.

Edited by Zeppa

Or it wont change at all, you still can you shoot and not loot... like alot cases are now. That the equipment and consumables are more rare makes the differend when you dont have 20 mags for DMR for camping at elektro hill.

And the closequarters combat will be more rare as you wanna keep your unique character and equipment.

Personally, I expect PvP to migrate from high-powered sniper rifles at long ranges to people spamming pot-shots at near-sniper ranges with normal weapons. Just because I might break the bag of Skittles in your pocket doesn't mean I won't want a fresh pair of hiking boots as much when I know I won't get either if I let you go. Hell, I'd light you on fight and scrape off what's left for less than that. PvP will just require even more patience and positioning, without a whole lot of change in how people play or what we do for fun.

• Like 2

like it, looks awesome.

i guess the annoying arma 2 eye blend effect is removed? i so hated that one in the forest, if you look at the ground you see well, look a bit up, you see nothing and its like later evening at noon ;( lens flares are nice when you look at the sun, but the eye adjustment was way toooo much

and, i hope you don't add zombie children, i dont pay for games, where we have to shoot kids, not even infected ones.. just to point out ;)

You dont have to shoot anything if you dont want to :D

• Like 3

and, i hope you don't add zombie children, i dont pay for games, where we have to shoot kids, not even infected ones.. just to point out ;)

Euhm, there is no difference in shooting kids vs grown-ups. Well if they were alive, that's one thing, but now they are zombies and the kids would probably be even more dangerous than large zombies since they are harder to spot, etc. I'd say bring in the kids! It would make the game even scarier, and way more realistic.

Edited by Wh1spY

The only issue I see with adding infected children to a game like this is, the media's reaction to something like this. We all have our own views on it, yes it'll make spotting them harder and they could potentially be faster or whatever, but if the media backfires on the Dev team saying it's cruel then the game might loose some backing. It's like treading on thin ice really, it's possible but dangerous.

Euhm, there is no difference in shooting kids vs grown-ups. Well if they were alive, that's one thing, but now they are zombies and the kids would probably be even more dangerous than large zombies since they are harder to spot, etc. I'd say bring in the kids! It would make the game even scarier, and way more realistic.

rocket already stated that zed kids will most likely not make it into the game for technical reasons ( new skeleton animation and stuff)

I'll shoot kids in the face all day if I get the chance.

Edit - in game of course.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

I'll shoot kids in the face all day if I get the chance.

Edit - in game of course.

Hes not kidding. Ive been on TS with him when hes mowing through kids with an AKM. He sounds like this.

• Like 1

Hes not kidding. Ive been on TS with him when hes mowing through kids with an AKM. He sounds like this.

I nearly laughed like that women I laughed that hard!

Edit: I wouldn't have a problem shooting kids in game, but you can kinda see a shitstorm from the press about it.

Edited by Toxiclegend

I nearly laughed like that women I laughed that hard!

Edit: I wouldn't have a problem shooting kids in game, but you can kinda see a shitstorm from the press about it.

Oh yeeeeah. There will be a shitstorm for sure. Remember all the scandals around GTA IV.

The one where if you went on a website you'd get all the cops in the world after you? I won't mention it but if you've played GTA 4 I'm sure no doubt you've heard of it. There was a huge up roar about it aswell, but after all it is just a game that a few people got upset over, but Rockstar have always been in the medias spotlight with the GTA games but all this stuff gets mentioned in films and books but no one picks them apart for it do they?

Edit:

There is also this most recent event regarding child death:

Modern Warfare 3' courts controversy with child death

Yeah I heard about that too, but the game is set in a warzone and I think the purpose of that scene was to show that cities are war zones and things like this DO happen in real life, not every body who dies in a war is a memeber of an armed forces but civvies too. I guess IW wanted to try get this across to people. Their single player campains are designed to tell a story, like I said before the same as a film or a book, telling a story through a game is just a way to make the user feel a part of the story. Take my favourite all time game Final Fantasy 7 the story behind that is truely amazing, but because it was released years ago no one once compained when right at the start they let the plates loose and crush an entire town which would have have people of all ages in. Edited by Toxiclegend

Rockstar have always been in the medias spotlight with the GTA games but all this stuff gets mentioned in films and books but no one picks them apart for it do they?

Exactly. But politicans only see what they want to see.

By the way, children will be present in GTA V as I heard. So Rockstar is a brave developer :))

Edited by scar-raver

Exactly. But politicans only see what they want to see.

By the way, children will be present in GTA V as I heard. So Rockstar is a brave developer :))

Because the MPs or whatever you have in your Country say we have this freedom of speech etc but really we don't everything that gets aired on TV or whatever has to go through a goverment body that makes sure it's no "too explicit" So really we don't have any freedom. Children should be present in GTA V because GTA is based on real world, real cities and real events so why can't you have a mother pushing her kid down the road as you go speeding by in a car being chased by police, it happens.

Are they concrete??

Not like them? They look pretty damn sexy to me! Go design us something better? :P

Hello there

I have no issues shooting infected be they adults, children, squirrels, kittens etc. I'll feel bad for doing it. But I have enough common sense to know that it's a game and not part of the real world.

Also, it's the context. Any kids/kittens in game would be a vestige of their former selves and out for ones blood.

TBH I feel more "guilty" shooting rabbits in game than the infected.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hey LoK :) That's exactly what I'm trying to get across, the media however doesn't see it like that. We as gamers know it is only a game and somethings like have to be done to survive in these types of games. If an infected child was chasing me through a forrest I'd have to kill it or it'd kill me, but it doesn't mean that I'm gonna go shoot a kid in real life >.< Also yes they are not really humans anymore due to the infection so really it's nothing too harmful to anyone if you think they are no longer a living person with a mind and soul they just want to eat you :P

I agree I'd be more hesitant to shoot a rabbit, squirrel or any animal in game because to me they are not really a threat to myself or my position.