rocket

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2013

Any bets there might be loot in the trunk of this?

Maybe a spare wheel, but it depends if they consider putting fresh loot inside a totaled car.

I already loved Arma2 graphics, because on ground level they were also pretty photorealistic. This new blue sky and blue tinge to the buildings (scattered light) plus shadows (dynamic?) made it perfect.

So beautiful!

Examples of photos similar to Arma 2

Edited by Reverie

For anyone else that is still doubtful of the realism of the 'lighting' in those screen shots. Save the image of the sprawling field SS to your computer. Go to google images and upload that pic, watch what google returns.

Great job rocket, thank you to you and your team!!

Lighting is very good, no doubt, but the textures....

Yea, they ruin the photo look of it.

I don't get what's so incredible about female zombies. o3o

well it's not so "incredible" by itself. but it lets you know we're gonna see a much greater variety of zombies

If they could get the game to look like Euro truck simulator 2 in terms of graphics...

That would be incredible.

I HOPE all those tents we see are not military, last thing we need is more military places.

That is my dislike of picking chernarus, when it comes to adding in areas i have a bad feeling most of it will be military areas and small areas with 1/2 story buildings. So far that is what it looks like.

Hate to say it again, but look at Taviana, it is nice and big and FEELS like a actual country and the towns feel more like towns and cities.

Edited by sunnz

With every new Devblog I become more and more excited for what this game. It's amazing how a little mod Rocket made for him and some friends has turned into this!

Maybe a spare wheel, but it depends if they consider putting fresh loot inside a totaled car.

Toolbox, crowbar, maybe some old diseased clothes, batteries, pair of shoes, jug of water, jerry can...

The game looks absolutely amazing. Having zombies spawn without anyone nearby is a feature I'll definitely like. Some people are scary good at finding you by zombie spawn.

I'm a little worried about the durability aspect. Its a fine line between durability either not effecting the game at all or being such a pain its just unnecessarily frustrating. I look forward to seeing it in action.

This is the screenshot of the game:

kevno0.jpg

This is a real life photography:

2r3y0s2.jpg

And this is a histogram of both images, and the almost inexistant difference between both:

105tris.jpg

As you can see, DayZ light range is pretty similar to reality, therefore photorealistic and with no need of adjustment.

Your argument is invalid.

That photo was taken using the wrong shutterspeed and / or aperture setting and as a result is underexposed. Even the Histogram you are showing is a classic example of underexposed levels. A correct histogram would show peaks across the full gamut and not just towards the darker half of the scale. Basing your example on something that is stupidly wrong to begin with means your brain is invalid.

I HOPE all those tents we see are not military, last thing we need is more military places.

I think it actually the new Balota camp. So it's not really a new military place, more like a remake of the old one.

I feel like you concerning military weapons, even when it comes to food and loot in general, I'd like everything to be really scarce and not stumble across cans of food in every house... would be stupid.

I think it actually the new Balota camp. So it's not really a new military place, more like a remake of the old one.

I feel like you concerning military weapons, even when it comes to food and loot in general, I'd like everything to be really scarce and not stumble across cans of food in every house... would be stupid.

I totally agree, i do want loot, especially the essentials like food and can of drink to be something you use wisely, but i mean military weapons and their rate chance will be a massive deciding factor in how this game will be played.

If they are too common then it will be a FFA i bet, look at dayz back in the day, it was kill kill kill. Weapons should be something used when you have a horde after you, that rare basically. Maybe not the guns, but the ammo.

Plus i think the highest military weapon possible should be the M4A3, no dmr, as50/m107 and even LMG could be very less common. I want a lot more civilian weapons and russian style weapons ( Chernarus is russia right?)

And you guys getting excited about the Balota military base, just wait until you see the new one (New mil base, not an airfield) and the two other airfields. I'm pretty sure those have gotten bigger too.

The Arma 2 landscape picture looks like it's on Low Settings? I'm pretty sure Arma 2 on Very High settings would look much much better than the one you compared in the picture

I can see that ATOC is off and view distance is smaller in that Arma 2 picture. Not sure about the rest.

Here's a gif on those first two comparsion picture.

mH3gzjz.gif

I think it is just bit too dark but it is so much better than in Arma 2.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 12

these ARE of course miltary tents....logically the miltary would build evac centers, field hospitals and check points in case of an outbreak....I don't think we will find many weapons in there but the place will be swarmed by infected :)

That photo was taken using the wrong shutterspeed and / or aperture setting and as a result is underexposed. Even the Histogram you are showing is a classic example of underexposed levels. A correct histogram would show peaks across the full gamut and not just towards the darker half of the scale. Basing your example on something that is stupidly wrong to begin with means your brain is invalid.

I agree that a good photo should have it's histogram evenly distributed. But not every game must have a good histogram, mostly it adds to the feeling and atmosphere of it. Take STALKER for example, one of the most atmospheric games of all times (won awards on that aspect), and you'd say that it is underexposed....

The fact that regular photos are pretty similar to that shows that the game is already at a photorealistic state. To me that photo shows what I'd see after my eyes have accustomed to the scene, while Arma 2 overexposed scenery looks like what I'd see after coming out of a dark room, in an always cloudy world.

Edited by Reverie
  • Like 2

Wow, the character models are looking great. And OMFG that female zombie looks sick. I cannot wait to play this game.

Rocket why do you hate us so much. You never release updates and when you do there is never anything cool. I am 9 years olds and I really really really want to play your game i have been waiting since December for this game and it never fuckin comes out seriously!!!!!! :(

Can I be in the closed test cause i really love this game and I would give toonnnnneeeessss of good feed back. seriously??

I mean these screen shots are stupid they are just grass and tree. You fuckin cares about trees and grass. I want to see people killing shit. Like a fucking RPG explosion and tanks and shit.

Just kidding.

Thanks for the update. After reading some of the responses from some morons I felt the need to post that monstrosity.

P.S. I am a filthy internet elitist so fuck off Dayz haterz and WArz fanbois.

Just kidding again. I am done now.

Can I give negative beans?

• Like 4