colekern

What kind of base do you wanna build when base building is added to DayZ standalone?

Simple question, assuming base building will be a very in-depth mechanic: When base building is added, what do wanna build? A player hangout spot? A prison? An Arena?

I, personally, want to build a hospital, or something similar to that. The kind of stories I would hear, the player interaction, the possibility of it becoming a community effort... it all seems really cool.

Something out of the way and camouflaged. I hope they make sure players are unable to build "sky bases".

Underground express tunnel.

• Like 2

Just somewhere i can stash my gear whilst out looting. Nothing too complicated, just a hole in the ground, supported by timbers and covered up would do me.

I've said it before but i hope the base building reflects the environment we are in. No underground cities or Doctor Evil lairs in volcanoes.

Simple question, assuming base building will be a very in-depth mechanic: When base building is added, what do wanna build? A player hangout spot? A prison? An Arena?

I, personally, want to build a hospital, or something similar to that. The kind of stories I would hear, the player interaction, the possibility of it becoming a community effort... it all seems really cool.

Medical supplies to plunder?

Medical supplies to plunder?

I'm hoping it would have armed guards.

Something simple near the coast, with a small underground water channel...so i can dock my submarine.

• Like 1

Something simple near the coast, with a small underground water channel...so i can dock my submarine.

Or feed your sharks with lasers on their heads.

• Like 1

I want a base with a double fence all around, in between the fences would be a zombie moat.

• Like 1

Creep, i've hidden since you might have to explain that one to the uninitiated.

Edited by DemonGroover

Creep, i've hidden since you might have to explain that one to the uninitiated.

hahah fair enough man

how about..

Creeps underground lair where bad things happen to people?

• Like 1

I'd probaby do something simple and low key for myself. barbwire and tank traps to protect the perimiter, and sandbags to protect my tent/s and parking area with hopefully a cammo netting to cover my car. That would be my personal setup away from the larger base Im helping with, with a lot of treecover, out in the middle of nowhere, where few people like to go.

"Shit pit"

Dig a hole deep enough so that you can't climb out, take a dump in the hole, cover it with a blanket/tarp/shrubs/grass. Wait for someone to fall in.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 4

i think it will just start out as a hole in the ground. with wood to hold it up.

but in the long run i will try to build an awesome object AII bunker

You know the town "Woodbury" from TWD?

Basically that on a slightly smaller scale.

I think it would be cool having a stable society whilst other players want to stay at your town. There will have to be the gate aswell.

I'm going to call it Dixonbury

Is a "creating a Neverland ranch, inviting zombie kids" joke in bad taste?

• Like 1

Underground express tunnel.

Yes this for sure. I hope they can be camouflaged but not impossible to find.

I want to take a bus and add curtains, a lowerable deck on one side, a tarp over that deck for sun protection, a bed inside the bus and basically have a mobile home. I could drive it anywhere I please and live anywhere I please. It would be the ideal type of home in the zombie apocalypse because both bandits and zombies move around (hoping for moving swarms of Z's) and you need to change your location if they find you. You could park it near a valuable loot spawn and stay there for a few days while collecting loot and storing it in the bus. When El Bandito comes around all you have to do is raise the deck, get in and drive off before he makes it close enough to open fire. Perfect home.

Another option would be the addition of steel plating on the sides and covering the wheel wells to better protect against high caliber bullets and to place a sunroof with optional mounted machinegun to have a way to defend while you are inside the bus be it moving or parked.

Edited by PracticalTactical

I'd like a drawbridge and some towers.crossbowmen/enfieldmen guarding the walls,and a big sign that says "come and get me sumbitchies"

• Like 1

A nice little house where I can hunt my food and collect my water would do me fine. Who says you can't have a little peace in the zombie apocolypse?

Who says you can't have a little peace in the zombie apocolypse?

Zombies.