rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

LOLWUT?

You mean you actually heal yourself with beans? Use meat for this' date=' man. And as far as i know spawn rates of animals are as they were.[/quote']

What's so funny about that? I was once down to 2100 blood and was roaming Berezino and the surroundings hunting for beans, noodles and whatever else came into my fingers. But I was really looking for some matches since I had 8 raw meat in my Alice, just no matches.

In the end I was back up to roundabout 9k blood when I finally found some matches, and even those I only got from a dead player someone killed or who got killed by zombies.

It's no that bad to go up with beans in your bloodmeter. A good sweep of a supermarket could be up to 2k blood. You get used to.

Anyone noticed high watch spawn rate? I was able to "find" 10 watches in less than 3 minutes...

Anyone noticed high watch spawn rate? I was able to "find" 10 watches in less than 3 minutes...

Yeah I was in Elektro store, theres was empty cans and watches.

Raiding the Cherno store and apartment buildings, I found surely over 15 watches, loads of empty cans too, no food and just a can of Pepsi.

Has anyone found any spawned food or is it not spawning at all?

I've been playing all morning and all of the loot seems messed up. I'm finding barns only contain guns and or vehicle parts.. houses contain like one or two utilities (map, axe).. not finding food anywhere and ive search 3 towns.

I think you guys should add melee weapons as common spawns. And reduce the running speed of zombies. It'd give the game more of a creepy/scary feel rather than the 'One zombie saw me, time to D/C and rejoin another server' feel.

What's so funny about that? I was once down to 2100 blood and was roaming Berezino and the surroundings hunting for beans, noodles and whatever else came into my fingers. But I was really looking for some matches since I had 8 raw meat in my Alice, just no matches.
It's not fun, i'm just surprised. Never had a situation when i would be without matches. Meat is so much more delicious than beans.

I'm sure rocket messed with a loot table when he was fixing it, so a quick fix for the fix will fix this.

I think you guys should add melee weapons as common spawns. And reduce the running speed of zombies. It'd give the game more of a creepy/scary feel rather than the 'One zombie saw me, time to D/C and rejoin another server' feel.

Well, lets see. ArmaII has no melee system. So, you won't get anything like L4D or Warband or Rune or any other slasher.

And apart from that, just imagine yourself trying to kill uber-fast uber-strong something with your hands. I'd prefer not even try. Shoot or run.

I think you guys should add melee weapons as common spawns. And reduce the running speed of zombies. It'd give the game more of a creepy/scary feel rather than the 'One zombie saw me' date=' time to D/C and rejoin another server' feel.

[/quote']

Melee weapons are difficult to implement I think. Reduce running speed - no. It's scary to me and I just run and try to lose them in a forest before killing the ones that manage to stay on me. If you feel the need to d/c every time a zed sees you, that's your problem.

"rocket, * [REVERT] Secret nerf of prone (you noticed)"

Nerfing of prone is still in effect for me, 1 bar still. My only complaint so far besides these last two things.

Zombies are spawning in each other in buildings. I've seen 2-8 zombies mangled in a ball in the center of the buildings.

Managed to find a water bottle canteen but have not found any food at all. Will trade my primary m4 for food! I keep finding guns ammo and watches but no food!

I really dislike the 1.7.1 along with the other 49 people on the server I play on. It use to be so fun, now its just frustrating. It was fine how it was, I swear every game/mod does this, it starts so good and fun, then turns bad. I hope the likes of spawning with a gun come back, and with food, its just been ruined :(

The gender choose thingy still doesn't work eighter, you spawn before you can choose your gender.

You know, we really need to change the graphic under the username on these forums. Instead of Survivor i think some need it to be changed to PUSSY.

Interesting. Here's a thought: did you perhaps die and/or respawn 4 times or so without completely disconnecting from the server? Maybe your old outfits were left due to a bug/oversight leading to multiple sets of clothing being worn. I can envision something like that triggering a cheat detection mechanism once you changed to another outfit.

Pure speculation at this point' date=' of course.

[/quote']

I don't think so - but when my ghillie didn't go on properly, I kept hitting "put on clothes" (or whatever it is) and Civ clothing started multiplying. Eventually I teleported to the sea, at which point I disconnected and reconnected and reappeared at the proper place (minus ghillie suit).

More wierd is that I started the session with both hunger and thirst flashing, so I had a drink and nibble (my last drink) and then went to a different server to play with a mate, at which point I respawned with hunger and thirst flashing again, but MINUS the food and drink I had consumed in the previous server :( Thus started the mad run around for food and drink which was really exciting...

lewt table is borked., 1million watches no food or drink. cluster of zombies spawning in the middle of houses etc.

Once the loot table is sorted this patch was pretty awesome

Has anyone found any spawned food or is it not spawning at all?

I've just been in Berezino (South) on UK20 and the Supermarket and Pub didn't spawn a single food or soda. Supermarket loot was 5 watches, 2 compasses, Alice Pack, Enfield, Matches and trash. Also, Supermarket did not spawn any ammo; water bottle; flares; chemlights; etc, the usual Generic items. The number of loot positions was less than usual, same issue with Pub, half loot positions empty, 2 watches, 1 Compass, Revolver, Camo Skin, and Trash. Hospital spawned usual number of positions but was half Trash. I moved around a lot, but the loot was not cleared after over 30 minutes. Server had plenty of players, 25+ I think and 250-350 infected.

Zombies tend to respawn ASAP when i kill one, thus leading me to a death. I think the spotting is awesome, But maybe a bit too much cause you can get max sight just by crouching, Which is kinda dumb when im crouching behind a wall by a tree. and tbh i absolutely LOVE that people spawn with flashlights, It's bringin PvP to a sudden halt and turning it into a more survival game again because you must sneak, Find food and water aswell as a gun or your just F*cked.

Other than that i love the update but the only thing wrong with it is the zombie spawn rate, sight range AND thats it.

More wierd is that I started the session with both hunger and thirst flashing, so I had a drink and nibble (my drink) and then went to a different server to play with a mate, at which point I respawned with hunger and thirst flashing again, but MINUS the food and drink I had consumed in the previous server :( Thus started the mad run around for food and drink which was really exciting...

Really hate that bug.

Right, just downloaded the new patch but when I spawned back in the game:

-I was in the middle of a forest where I hadn't previously logged out

-Had lost all my food/water/bandages

-The humanity icon had disappeared along with the entire debug monitor thing, so I couldn't see how many zombies there were or my blood level or anything.

-Whenever I go into third person I'm completely invisible

-No matter whether I'm sprinting, crouching or prone the hearing and sight icons stay the same at zero.

What happened o.o

Right' date=' just downloaded the new patch but when I spawned back in the game:

-I was in the middle of a forest where I hadn't previously logged out

-Had lost all my food/water/bandages

-The humanity icon had disappeared along with the entire debug monitor thing, so I couldn't see how many zombies there were or my blood level or anything.

-Whenever I go into third person I'm completely invisible

-No matter whether I'm sprinting, crouching or prone the hearing and sight icons stay the same at zero.

What happened o.o

[/quote']

Sounds like you spawned in the debug forest. Google it.

with the last update i got a boost of only 10fps, stuck on 18fps all the time now when was well above 35fps in cherno

Any word from Rocket or the team about the loot spawn bug?

As things currently are, the game is unplayable as a newly spawned character. With no beans spawning, you have to hunt; hunting and preparing your food requires a knife, matches, an axe and a gun - and, of course, an animal to eat. I imagine it's close to impossible to find all that before you perish to hunger.

Will trade my primary m4 for food! I keep finding guns ammo and watches but no food!

I can remember a thread were someone was complaining about the estimated 0.19% or something like that spawn chance for the real good things (depends on how someona values stuff). I'm sure rocket is giggling all the time when he's reading that people demand food and drinks and totally forgot about all the GEWD LEWTZ! they can get now.

Sneaky something sometimes I assume. Pretty sure: a lot of people learned another lesson.

Hotfix 1.7.1.1 initially fine, then stops working

My friend and I logged on this morning, hoping to be able to play some good DayZ thanks to the most recent hotfix, 1.7.1.1.

On entering the server, it seemed all was now as it should be. Prone again made you relatively invisible, audibility and visibility wise, crouch walking at 1 visibility and running at 2 visibility, with the audibility surface dependent.

However, after 45 minutes or so of play, shock and horror ensued as the audibility and visibility counters again ascended to their pre-hotfix values.

Even standing still crouched gave 2 on the visibility counter, prone 1, and crouch running almost 4 or 5, especially on roads and such. Standing in a road crouched gave a ridiculously high visibility rating. My friend was unable to leave Electro due to the suddenly buckwild ratings. Switching servers did not help. The settings seem to have reverted to patch 1.7.1.

Can anybody confirm?

[NEW] Tweaked audibility and visibility values for kneel walking

[REVERT] Secret nerf of prone (you noticed)

So neither of these points from the hotfix changelog are actually true.

Prone and crouchwalking values remain the same as they were last night on 1.7.1 release.

Mine were still relatively low while in a forest and foliage cover, on hard ground or road surfaces they were around 4 bars. Even standing still, as I said before, crouched, my visibility was 2 bars.

Before, I had only ever seen a noise and/or visibility rating of 5 when speeding around the coast in a motorboat/dinghy. Apparently I now make this much noise while running; it's as if my character is intentionally trying to make as much noise as possible - the last time I check ed running across grass does not make you as loud or as visible as a motorboat.

No fixes have been made.