rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

Yes is confirmed' date=' look twitter, food and water spawn are bugged.

Oh and bandages :D

[/quote']

Not only "food, water and bandages". Everythin but vehicle parts and weapon+ammo spawns disabled atm. Oh, also camo kits, fencing kits and toolkits is ok, but that damn toolbox. :D

Food Water to be fixed in a hotfix released tonight. Along with maybe some other goodies...

PS. Don't stress guys! Someone people get really upset the direction of the game is destroyed... trying things out here' date=' and things break occasionally... such is life in the zone, man!

[/quote']

Thank you very much. How else Im I supposed to trade without the great distraction of your mod. ;)

Food Water to be fixed in a hotfix released tonight. Along with maybe some other goodies...

PS. Don't stress guys! Someone people get really upset the direction of the game is destroyed... trying things out here' date=' and things break occasionally... such is life in the zone, man!

[/quote']

Only those who don't understand what alpha stage is for are the ones stressing.

Edit: Is the axe going to swing like the crowbar from half life? I'm sure Gabe would love the homage.

[/quote']

Sucks to die because of a bug, but if you can't deal with that you shouldn't be playing an Alpha in the first place. Keep up the good work Rocket. If you didn't dare to experiment this game wouldn't exist in the first place so go nuts.

really thanks, Rocket

Will the new hotfix fix my low FPS problem? I'm getting a horrible Fps right now, and really hard to join a server..

thanks for the quick response to the community!

I really want this MOD to be perfect!

I really want to leave 1.7.0 behind but I don't want to ;_;

Hopefully next hotfix will convince me

maybe gender selecter will be fixed to no big problem but would be cool to get it working correctly?

Raided Pusta I few min ago.

Found NOTHING except a compass ( lucky me ).

I also had the little ingame popup that one guy here posted a screenshot of earlier.

[/quote']

Art thou gonna fix the gender thingy aswel? I'd love you forever if you'd do.

The main bug we kept running into last night that we never had before was that our group would be walking along and then poof one member was standing back where we were 10 minutes ago. Is the database out of sync or something?

One really bad situation happened while I was driving a van with 2 other guys and all of a suddenly I am in an open field 5+ miles away and my 2 friends are in a run away van headed for a cliff. (not that it wasnt hilarious over teamspeak but still it is a problem.)

Has anyone else run into this after this last patch?

[/quote']

My game crashed while I was on a ladder in the elektro school and now I spawned in a room in the school that has no exits, I am unable to get out. All I have for food and drink, is one can of pepsi, get me out of the room please rocket!!!

I am glitched in there.. :(

[/quote']

Honestly if everyone read the words above and then read them again we would be a whole pile better off. Stop with the ranting and raving and let Rocket do his stuff.

We are not all going to agree anyways, but lets have fun regardless eh!!!!

Hey all, having some major problems with this update. Hoping someone could help. I've reinstalled Arma 2, the beta patch, and DayZ mod files per this guide:

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ

I seem to get a different error whenever I load the game. Currently, my error is that my character spawns in a large open field and appears invisible (hand/gun model cannot be seen); other game models such as trees/bushes/buildings also do not load.

Occasionally, it will spawn me in the debug forest with no sound. This error will allow me to play, but will flash a message saying that I'm running an incorrect version of DayZ code.

I've tried updating using the worrom updater, as well as manually through http://www.dayzmod.com/downloads.php. Has anyone else had this much trouble updating?

-Tents still don't seem to work, I'm guessing that will get patched soon.

-I still can't figure out the exact cause, but when I pick up extra ammo/weapons all ammo seems to drop that is not of the type I just picked up. I've had to backtrack several times because I noticed half my clips missing.

-The drop button seems to just delete objects, but you can use the left arrow on the item list to successfully drop items to the ground.

-The lack of any light at night is BRUTAL, although I do love how you can draw zombies out of an area buy chucking a flare / chem-light as a distraction. Throwing flares is very difficult as there is a huge delay and you can cue up multiple throws without knowing. Plus there is no indicator as to how far it will go.

-Thanks for all the hard work!

If your goal with this patch was to make the game insanely hard, then mission accomplished. However, I can see this level of difficulty driving a lot of new players away very quickly. Simply getting off the beach to somewhere to find loot is an absolute nightmare, and you've instantly made the learning curve almost vertical.

My suggestion is to either give out the starting mak but limit it to two clips or something, or to make the zombies dumber so at least your garden-variety noob has a chance. I've seen a lot of rage disconnects right away from new players complaining that they're sick of the slightest misstep earning them a quick death, and I can understand the frustration.

This is more of an opinion than a complaint. I respawned today on purpose a few times to test out what it is like spawning with no water gun and all the other stuff taken off. It really makes no sense. Now Ive got lots of guns and backpacks and food and ammo stashed at our camp so re gearing up is no problemo. I just don't get it. It seems that perhaps things are just being changed for the sake of things being changed with this type of decision. It is really more annoying than anything to spawn like that. I'm not sure the point and believe it should be changed back..and perhaps more important things should be fixed instead of cheesy changes like this..Thanks

I think starting with no gun is fine but spawn points near zombies should be removed... I spawned in last night near Elecktro and obviously i was standing up when i spawn and straight away I had the Zeds on me.

If your goal with this patch was to make the game insanely hard' date=' then mission accomplished. However, I can see this level of difficulty driving a lot of new players away very quickly. Simply getting off the beach to somewhere to find loot is an absolute nightmare, and you've instantly made the learning curve almost vertical.

My suggestion is to either give out the starting mak but limit it to two clips or something, or to make the zombies dumber so at least your garden-variety noob has a chance. I've seen a lot of rage disconnects right away from new players complaining that they're sick of the slightest misstep earning them a quick death, and I can understand the frustration.

[/quote']

Exactly my thoughts. I just can't play without getting killed, there's no way. At least if we had a melee weapon we could survive. Now without a weapon and without food and water, it's impossible to play. There's simply no learning curve, there's nothing to learn. You die if you don't have a camp with supplies there. Simple as that.

My game crashed while I was on a ladder in the elektro school and now I spawned in a room in the school that has no exits' date=' I am unable to get out. All I have for food and drink, is one can of pepsi, get me out of the room please rocket!!!

[/quote']

Rocket will be there long before you starve dont worry!

How ignorantly selfish are some ppl..:s

Ugh I'm getting tired of all the people that want the starting equip reverted back.... aside from the food & drink spawn rates being borked and the sometimes buggy zombie behavior this patch is awesome.

I spent my first 30 minutes looking for a gun, before finding one I got trapped inside of the school/office building in Elektro and I was glad I had been picking up empty whisky bottles so I could get out of this pinned situation. I threw one outside of the building and they started to slowly investigate it, giving me the time and space to continue looking for a gun in said building.

About 15 minutes later (after hitting the firestations) I had an m1911 with 4 mags, a DMR with 3 mags and an empty AK sitting in my Alice pack.

Point of story: stop whining and be a little resourceful!

Well, I donno what you changed about crawling...but i did notice the increase in visibility when you kneel run. Almost got myself killed when I tried to do it from tent to tent in Stary.

Question is though, how do we hide from zombies? is is a LOS thing or just distance away?

-Tents still don't seem to work' date=' I'm guessing that will get patched soon.

[/quote']

Any specifics on this, repro steps etc... would be great

[/quote']

My game crashed while I was on a ladder in the elektro school and now I spawned in a room in the school that has no exits, I am unable to get out. All I have for food and drink, is one can of pepsi, get me out of the room please rocket!!!

I guess that's what rocket meant by life in the zone.

But seriously rocket, what's with the game not saving where you were anymore?

Another problem also being that if you eat meat to regain blood, log out, and log back in later, your blood is the same as it was before you ate the meat, with the difference being that the steaks are now gone. I ate an entire cow this way.

Also, the hotfix did not fix the audibility and visibility counters for crouchwalking and prone.