rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

Starting to wish at this point that you can create more than one character for patch testing. Really don't feel like dying from dehydration or hunger with all my current gear. Down to 4000 blood atm, so death is pretty much walking right beside me.

Going to wait until all the new patch breaks is sorted out before playing. Unless the only local server my country has downgrades to 1.7 :P

Starting to wish at this point that you can create more than one character for patch testing. Really don't feel like dying from dehydration or hunger with all my current gear. Down to 4000 blood atm' date=' so death is pretty much walking right beside me.

Going to wait until all the new patch breaks is sorted out before playing. Unless the only local server my country has downgrades to 1.7 :P

[/quote']

this. sorry but the major bugs are identified. Hoping for a fast hotfix

i just downloaded the new update, i cant see my character in the 3rd person view, and it always seems to be something else that aint working, 2 updates ago i was playing perfectly..

Starting to wish at this point that you can create more than one character for patch testing. Really don't feel like dying from dehydration or hunger with all my current gear. Down to 4000 blood atm' date=' so death is pretty much walking right beside me.

[/quote']

this. sorry but the major bugs are identified. Hoping for a fast hotfix

Going to be a little while I think, Rocket needs to sleep at some point or he will just become what we run from ;)

i just downloaded the new update' date=' i cant see my character in the 3rd person view, and it always seems to be something else that aint working, 2 updates ago i was playing perfectly..

[/quote']

Sure you're not playing in a veteran server? They don't allow 3rd person view :P

Well, lack of food is a good thing. I hope it would stay similar to this - not NO FOOD mode, just much-much-much more less of it. Same goes for water.

For now the main purpose of my group will be not pvp, but hunting and securing large amounts of water in case of we are far away from lakes. And i must say it's fun.

Ive read since like page 25 and up and one post just urked me some guy posted saying

"Rocket you really need to better test your updates before rolling them out"

Seriously? if you people aren't complaining about how bad the game is lagging your complaining about the patch that stopped the lag yea thats really productive and before that johnny kid comes and collects my tears theres a difference between complains and constructive critisim examples

Complaint

0mGZZZZZZZ you N00b Dev Rocket I could make beter game by dick slapping my computer L0L patch suxz l2 code plox

Constructive critism

Hey Rocket I like the new patch since most lag is gone and the zombies are much more realistic but the new spawn rates are screwed up foods super rare now just giving you a heads up so you can get to work fixing it.

see the difference?

*Edit*

I had a glitch btw I climbed to the top of a fire station tower in cherno as soon as i got to the top I dropped dead the hour glass came up for 1 second then It said I was dead.

When I was climbing it I had 5.8k blood I heard no gunshots and no blood was lost when i died and no broken bone icon or bleeding icon.

Well' date=' lack of food is a good thing. I hope it would stay similar to this - not NO FOOD mode, just much-much-much more less of it. Same goes for water.

[/quote']

From a 'realism' perspective I guess this works. However, the chief way to heal blood is to eat food. Many players, including myself, don't trust other players and wouldn't be able to get a blood pack unless it's from someone you know and play with IRL.

I think food spawns need to be left alone so there's a realistic chance of being able to heal yourself and play again. That and raise the darned spawn rate on matches.

e8elbe='Mr.Clean' pid='132048' dateline='1340012032']

Ive read since like page 25 and up and one post just urked me some guy posted saying

"Rocket you really need to better test your updates before rolling them out"

Seriously? if you people aren't complaining about how bad the game is lagging your complaining about the patch that stopped the lag yea thats really productive and before that johnny kid comes and collects my tears theres a difference between complains and constructive critisim examples

Complaint

0mGZZZZZZZ you N00b Dev Rocket I could make beter game by dick slapping my computer L0L patch suxz l2 code plox

Constructive critism

Hey Rocket I like the new patch since most lag is gone and the zombies are much more realistic but the new spawn rates are screwed up foods super rare now just giving you a heads up so you can get to work fixing it.

see the difference?

*Edit*

I had a glitch btw I climbed to the top of a fire station tower in cherno as soon as i got to the top I dropped dead the hour glass came up for 1 second then It said I was dead.

When I was climbing it I had 5.8k blood I heard no gunshots and no blood was lost when i died and no broken bone icon or bleeding icon.

lol the most amusing comment was that he needs to test the patches more thoroughly... I thought that's what WE are doing? It's an alpha isn't it? Testing is what we're doing by playing the game. So many people really fail to grasp this simple concept.

Also, I've found I can ONLY make this work with six updater/launcher. Installing it all manually just gives me the battleye script 16 error. There's something that six launcher is updating that I haven't sussed out yet.

My only beef, and it could be lack of knowing, has been where to find the mission pbo. Having to hunt for it hasn't been fun. Seems most servers are out of sync and at odds with which version and whatnot, so updating that has been a nightmare, or rather keeping track of it, since it's not mirrored in the same place as hiveext as it was formerly.

Now that the mission has been stripped further down to just init it shouldn't need to be updated on our ends, but the point is of futility when things have been in limbo between the beta update, players claiming it's required, having the betas crashing systems, or battleye flagging #16 due to "5 Alex" line on beta. (Doesn't happen on non-beta)

As long as the things are being worked out, I am grateful. Also, good work Rocket on the mission, thanks to devteam for trying to keep us current on specifics that are left out.

- sparc

From a 'realism' perspective I guess this works. However, the chief way to heal blood is to eat food. Many players, including myself, don't trust other players and wouldn't be able to get a blood pack unless it's from someone you know and play with IRL.

I think food spawns need to be left alone so there's a realistic chance of being able to heal yourself and play again. That and raise the darned spawn rate on matches.

LOLWUT?

You mean you actually heal yourself with beans? Use meat for this, man. And as far as i know spawn rates of animals are as they were.

And talking about realism, there is nothing realistic in healing yourself with food or blood.

Loving the new patch, just having some trouble finding any sort of food/drink. Everything else is spot on. The new zombies are very fun indeed, definitely an improvement on the initial 1.7.1 release.

Thanks for fast hotfix Rocket.

But i wish Bohemia would give you someone to help with the project, like some summer worker to abuse or something. So he/she could test your latest patches bit before release and perhaps help fix the most basic bugs, while you kept the control still of the mod. Perhaps that way we could avoid unstability of these new patches/hotfixes. After all Day Z gotten huge amount of players recently and made Arma II big seller in the process so keeping it playable would be good for everyone.

Like yesterday got asked by friend if he should buy Arma II for Day Z. Had to tell him currently it is so broken he would not be able to properly play it the same day of purchase due latest patch. But told it was working fine day before and likely again in few days. Either way, he didn't wanna spend his money right at that moment to it. Word of mouth and social media hype brought the huge momentum and success to this game (besides the mod being awesome of course). In same way it can stall your profits if the word around about the mod turns instead to "don't bother it's unplayable again with latest patch". I understand this mod is still alpha, and we players are basicly your testers, but keeping it in playable state should have priority.

tl;dr edition: dolan get sum gooby from Bohemia Interactive halp wit Day Z testin, customr mor hapy, dolan get mo $$$

Well' date=' lack of food is a good thing. I hope it would stay similar to this - not NO FOOD mode, just much-much-much more less of it. Same goes for water.

For now the main purpose of my group will be not pvp, but hunting and securing large amounts of water in case of we are far away from lakes. And i must say it's fun.

[/quote']

Well at first im very thankfull for the hotfix, the zed spotting was realy heavy it was nearly impossible to get in a city without getting spotted by a zed until you crounch the whole way.

Btw. reducing the food spawn it is not that good choice in my opinion, because since the update the zed make more damage per hit, so if you f.e. under 3k blood it is quite impossible with low food spawn to regain your blood through food.

A solution for regaining blood for all the lone wolfs out there, would be nice :-) f.e. some medic tools to use the bloodpacks on yourself

Spawn without a pistol omg happy fragtime for all of you murders.......yesterday there was some murders who camp at the military camp by balota (don't know the servername) and hunt down every spawned survior, you come there cry "dont shoot in unarmed" boom and the "you are dead" screens appears ....

But i wish Bohemia would give you someone to help with the project, like some summer worker to abuse or something. So he/she could test your latest patches bit before release and perhaps help fix the most basic bugs, while you kept the control still of the mod. Perhaps that way we could avoid unstability of these new patches/hotfixes. After all Day Z gotten huge amount of players recently and made Arma II big seller in the process so keeping it playable would be good for everyone.
WE ARE TESTERS, MAN. THIS IS ALPHA. Hell, how you can be so retarded. Day Z gotten huge amount of FUCKING TESTERS.

So go there and test this shit.

keeping it in playable state should have priority.
Yuo can log in to the servers? Yes. You can move ingame? Yes. You can kill/be killed? Yes. Go there and test this shit. It's playable, just not polished and harder than it was yesterday. If it's too hard - wait for a new patch.
tl;dr edition: dolan get sum gooby from Bohemia Interactive halp wit Day Z testin, customr mor hapy, dolan get mo $$$
What $$$? Have you paid for the mod? Jesus...

this last patch was an improvement' date=' but food/water spawns are very rare now guys.

too rare.

i traveled through all of prigorodky, cherno, and balota + airfield and not a single food or water to be found.

i searched every building in existence! yet i found ak rifle + ammo, 45 pistol + ammo, knife, watch, compass, map, GPS, 2 camo suits, all hospital stuff... NO FOOD OR WATER?!! i went through like what? 4 pubs in cherno and a supermarket? nothing?

needless to say, my thirst and hunger bars are quite red now. what to do?

[/quote']

Well, there are quite a few survivors around, how about a change on the menu from beans to "pork" :P

-Carb

Um... really though guys, cannibalism in this sort of scenario is probably one of the best ideas i've heard

Do people know if supermarkets spawn food anymore? I did some sever hopping (although Im usally against sever hopping) just to see if one would spawn food. over 5 raids, I found everything a survior could ever want. Except food. No drinks or beanz. Now my charactors probably going to starve, and I will miss my PDW :

This game is seriously going to be amazing with all the work you put in.

At work at the mo so cannot test yet. I am not seeing anything about the issues I have been getting with the game freezing every 20 seconds. I see 'performance increase' stuff related to a couple of bugs but nothing directly related to fixing the freezing issue. I have seen others with this issue too, here and there.

Anyone who had this used the hotfix yet? Has it fixed the freezing problem?

Do people know if supermarkets spawn food anymore? I did some sever hopping (although Im usally against sever hopping) just to see if one would spawn food. over 5 raids, I found everything a survior could ever want. Except food. No drinks or beanz. Now my charactors probably going to starve, and I will miss my PDW :<
Go kill some animal. Or a survivor. It's obviously a bug and will be fixed probably today, as some shit happened to spawn table, so you can wait for rocket's reply.

I think there is a preformence issue with one of the patches, i was running at around 100 FPS (Patch 1.70) before, now it has dropped down to around 10-15 FPS(Patch 1.7.1.1) when on the starting beach.

Current system is:

CPU : Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz

GPU1: MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 2GB

GPU2: MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 2GB

Thanks for fast hotfix Rocket.

But i wish Bohemia would give you someone to help with the project' date=' like some summer worker to abuse or something. So he/she could test your latest patches bit before release and perhaps help fix the most basic bugs, while you kept the control still of the mod. Perhaps that way we could avoid unstability of these new patches/hotfixes. After all Day Z gotten huge amount of players recently and made Arma II big seller in the process so keeping it playable would be good for everyone.

[/quote']

Introducing more people to the coding at this point wouldn't be a great idea. As far as i'm aware everyone has their own style of coding. Someone else putting their code in could cause far more harm than good further down the line.

What we have now is good. Perhaps a small group of daily build testers that can track down major issues before release, to potentially avoid situations like 1.7.1 brought up.

I know this is a public alpha, and we're ALL here to test the releases. But seeing that very few people seem to understand that, the small build testing team might help keep some of these ungrateful fucks quiet.

Srry guys,and apologize bad english,not native.

But this update and features are completely OUT of a playability and NOT enjoy to play.

2 hours run run run and found zombies in every houses visit..h2O run low..eat run low..

Visibility r TOOO high..

1) Or visibility OR Zombies SuperKrypton power please...not TOGHETER..

AND..WHY in post athomic NOone can gave a decent weapons at respawn?..WHYNOT?

Ive a REAL weapon in my houses..so..thint that,.

only found like 1 or 2 cans of beans on zombies, have yet to find any food or drinks anywhere.