griffinz

Interview with Matthew Lightfoot

I made this mistake of letting my GF listen in for a few minutes.... Little did I know she had a thing for guys with accents.

Derpy you are forever banned from talking in front of my lady on TS. How did she put it... "A man with an accent like that could melt my clothes off"

She didnt realize it was a recording at first and tried to take my headset to talk to you. I was all DAMMIT WOMAN I'M SITTING RIGHT HERE!

Next time when she asks what im listening to the answer is going to be a book on tape.

• Like 5

"A man with an accent like that could melt my clothes off".

I have the opposite effect, it's very disconcerting to watch.

L

• Like 3

There was a thread a while back where Rocket discussed diseases and how the mechanic would work. It was early days but he did mention about having to figure out symptoms and find specific medications. It'd be cool if there was some medical docs in game although metagaming would ruin it to some extent as once they're figured out people will post the info and it will become common knowledge :(

[...]

Considering how Rocket seems to like real world knowledge helping out in the 'game', buying some medical books could keep you ahead of the pack ;)

I hope underground bases consist of a hole, some timbers and a tarp over the top.

James Bond Villain super bases seem a tad unreal. Working toilets? A hole and some lime sprinkled over it would be the limit.

If people think they and 10 people will be able to construct the Umbrella Corps underground lair i fear they could be disappointed.

Maybe not. He's asked about bases at 4:22.

I made this mistake of letting my GF listen in for a few minutes.... Little did I know she had a thing for guys with accents.

Derpy you are forever banned from talking in front of my lady on TS. How did she put it... "A man with an accent like that could melt my clothes off"

She didnt realize it was a recording at first and tried to take my headset to talk to you. I was all DAMMIT WOMAN I'M SITTING RIGHT HERE!

Next time when she asks what im listening to the answer is going to be a book on tape.

I know! I'm just the same. Every time Derpy, or any Scotsman speaks to me my knees go all weak and wobbly. *Swoons*

At around 8:39 minutes to 8:51 minutes, was someone playing table tennis while attending the interview? :huh:

Damn! I told Fraggle someone was bound to hear the bats and ball. Yes, truth is we were all being interviewed while all playing tennis ball the same time. Rocket insists we maintain high concentration levels at all times, and this helps, you see. :huh:

I know! I'm just the same. Every time Derpy, or any Scotsman speaks to me my knees go all weak and wobbly. *Swoons*

Och, ya wee hen!

• Like 1

I'm not sure how the backpack system he explained is any different from what we have now?

He said you would have limited slots, which we already have. Some items would take more than one slot, which already we have. Those 200 round belts take 2, tents 3, pistols 5 and main weapons 10, car parts etc between 4-6.

I suppose it's going to be the same system we have in place, just including a wider variety of items tagged as requiring more than one slot?

I'm not sure how the backpack system he explained is any different from what we have now?

He said you would have limited slots, which we already have. Some items would take more than one slot, which already we have. Those 200 round belts take 2, tents 3, pistols 5 and main weapons 10, car parts etc between 4-6.

I suppose it's going to be the same system we have in place, just including a wider variety of items tagged as requiring more than one slot?

I think what it means is you will SEE how many slots it takes up before you put it into your pack.

No more, place assault rifle into pack, medical supplies try to run away all over the floor because you only had 6 slots instead of 9 or something..

fwmh6nhe3k.JPG

Diablo 2 inventory!

Edited by Sim
  • Like 1

I think what it means is you will SEE how many slots it takes up before you put it into your pack.

Ahh. :thumbsup:

Hello there

Also, I believe all items can go wherever they can fit rather than disallowing you from storing certain things in certain places. Possibly.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Would you like to expand on your comment.

Matt said between 15 & 20 €, therefore 18€ is a happy medium.

This is the price of the Foundation build, the price of the full game will most certainly be in line with market prices.

it is a little higher than what I was expecting. I'm pretty sure Rocket said he was aiming for less then $20. and of course recently there was the joke box with the $15 price tag

I understand things change. it might just be confusion about exchange rates. but I also understand why people might have had a lower number in their heads

Ha! Oh Orlok, I laughed so much. I'd giveyou beans but I've none left for the rest of the day! :D

• Like 1

it is a little higher than what I was expecting. I'm pretty sure Rocket said he was aiming for less then $20. and of course recently there was the joke box with the $15 price tag

I understand things change. it might just be confusion about exchange rates. but I also understand why people might have had a lower number in their heads

Now you're mixing up currencies, it was said around 15 pound not 15 dollars

Did I get this right? Matt said the ragdoll physics may be implemented later but not in the foundation build. I don't think this is a good idea. The devs delayed ARMA 3 community alpha due to the reason of implementing new ragdoll physics (or at least update to the current version). I think Dean and his team should implement the new ragdoll system as early as possible to avoid trouble - with the engine, gameplay, ballistics etc - which might occur later on.

Edited by Rantanplan666

maybe I'm still confused, but I'm pretty sure that's a dollar sign

A84TQrACEAAc2Dx.jpg

Did I get this right? Matt said the ragdoll physics may be implemented later but not in the foundation build. I don't think this is a good idea. The devs delayed ARMA 3 community alpha due to the reason of implementing new ragdoll physics (or at least update to the current version). I think Dean and his team should implement the new ragdoll system as early as possible to avoid trouble - with the engine, gameplay, ballistics etc - which might occur later on.

The physics will be from the Arma 3 engine so if ragdolls aren't fully completed on Arma 3 we may be waiting quite a while before we see standalone, adding them later on will be fine.

A84TQrACEAAc2Dx.jpg

You realise that's a joke right? The figure of 15 pound has been said in Interviews probably articles as well, not a post stick note

It's a new zealand dollar maybe. So in the US currency it's approx. 13 dollars.

You realise that's a joke right?

ok, this is the part where I take a deep breath and just reiterate what was said:

and of course recently there was the joke box with the $15 price tag

[

You realise that's a joke right? The figure of 15 pound has been said in Interviews probably articles as well, not a post stick note

Perhaps a phone sex line? that would bag you loads of money?

That's a million dollar idea. BRB, going to polish my hick accent and try to sell it in the UK.

• Like 1

(doh, double post)

Hello there

I do think folk have to stop taking the dev's or our words so literally. People will only end up dissapointing themselves.

Rgds

LoK

Wait.. what!? So you're telling me you're not a zen master?

Edited by SausageKingofChicago
  • Like 1

Don't say we never give you anything. :)

this was more than i had hoped for. Even better as i put £40GBP to one side to get the game at release lol ;)

• Like 1

Some of the new ideas sound great, "pull over guys, I need to poop". First time that happens I will let out a little wee. Pmsl :)

• Like 2

Some of the new ideas sound great, "pull over guys, I need to poop". First time that happens I will let out a little wee. Pmsl :)

I predict many pooping shenanigans. if only computers could simulate smell...

I remember the $15 pricetag being discussed in the past as well. As far as I am concerned that was being considered for the 1st iteration of the standalone... the mod-on-steroids version that was supposed to be released before the end of 2012.

They've now changed gears to the more elaborate rewriting of the gamecode, which requires longer development and a subsequent increase in the final price.

~$24USD is still a bargain in my book. AAA titles with as much anticipation as there is for DayZ (think Skyrim) are sold for an astounding (to me) $60, and are still being sold for that much more than a year after their release. If this was some kind of shady cashgrab, they could place the price at $40-60 and still achieve monster sales figures.

$24 all day long.

• Like 1