griffinz

Interview with Matthew Lightfoot

18 euros? You gotta be kidding me...

I know! It's crazy how awesome the price is! I'm stoked.

• Like 2

Please guys stay on topic!

18 Euros or 18 Dolars .. in my opinion, it's fine either way!

Edited by wattoucheng

Wasn't it supposed to be Minecraft model pricing? (for those who dont know Minecraft did cost 9.95€ pre-alpha stage.)

So basically that's nearly twice as much, i'm not saying that's too much but it's another Rocket's fuck up.

Even if we take the price from he's twitter pic ( https://pbs.twimg.co...Ac2Dx.jpg:large ) 15$ = around 11€.

And Minecraft which has been released costs 19.95€ , which is almost price for the DayZ pre-alpha, sorry but am I missing something?

So released game will probably cost like 40€, that's hardly Minecraft pricing model for me. Rather EA pricing model.

I guess that's what he mean't.

I don't think you understand what they mean my Minecraft model pricing. They aren't copying the price, they are making it cheaper in the start and catering towards the testers (like Minecraft) and then slowly ramping the price up as the game becomes more polished.

Am I right?

Edited by BeastOverlord

I don't you understand what they mean my Minecraft model pricing. They aren't copying the price, they are making it cheaper in the start and catering towards the testers (like Minecraft) and then slowly ramping the price up as the game becomes more polished.

Am I right?

Yes, same like warz... oh wait, they lied. I know it´s not a comercial trick @ rocket.

20 € is nice price for next goty I think. Belive rocket say something price will rise like normal games in small steps... so I think cost later something up to 49€.

Yes, same like warz... oh wait, they lied. I know it´s not a comercial trick @ rocket.

20 € is nice price for next goty I think. Belive rocket say something price will rise like normal games in small steps... so I think cost later something up to 49€.

I don't ever see DayZ costing more than 25 euro. Alpha will be heavily discounted from this.

It's just my opinion but I think if there's one criticism that can never be levelled at the DayZ devs it would be money grabbing. Even in the early days of the mod they turned down all offers of donations, after that they turned down many "big" offers of financial backing for the SA.

Of course the goal has to be to make money eventually and rightly so but if that was their main goal there's many different paths they could have already chosen. Micro transactions have been ruled out because Rocket hates them and they could have rushed the release for Xmas sales which again, they've chosen not to. They're being sensible and playing the long game which will be better for all of us in the long run, it just means we have to wait a bit.

To get to the point we are at now in the time we have is still amazingly quick in terms of game development.

Edited by Fraggle

Phooey I was amazed at your question. Dayz has always been a survival game and never a PvP with zombies! :o That's why I raised my question during our interview with Matt. :thumbsup:

Yea, ok, maybe I overstated that a bit. It seems, in most of the vids of the mod, that the Zeds are really just a nuisance and the focus is kill or be killed by another player. That could just be the vids Ive watched i admit. Matt talking about the improved Zed AI was great and I was really just fishing for more info or forum posters ideas of what they could be adding to the survival aspect of the game.

I was also kind of asking, for other's ideas or info they had heard about, how the SA was going to incentivize not shooting first and asking questions later behavior..ie like how you need another person to give you a blood infusion. I liked your question in the interview because you were asking about the PvE aspects of the game, I just wanted more info.

Im still basking in the warm glow of information overload from yesterdays Tumblr, forum post, and Dev interview but being greedy I wanted more. Thanks again

I made this mistake of letting my GF listen in for a few minutes.... Little did I know she had a thing for guys with accents.

Derpy you are forever banned from talking in front of my lady on TS. How did she put it... "A man with an accent like that could melt my clothes off"

She didnt realize it was a recording at first and tried to take my headset to talk to you. I was all DAMMIT WOMAN I'M SITTING RIGHT HERE!

Next time when she asks what im listening to the answer is going to be a book on tape.

Oops. My Bad! Never realized my accent had that kind of effect on women...

Perhaps a phone sex line? that would bag you loads of money?

From the evidence it would seem so... Not a bad idea ;)

I know! I'm just the same. Every time Derpy, or any Scotsman speaks to me my knees go all weak and wobbly. *Swoons*

Oh dear, I am going to have to change my accent soon i think.... I'm making everyone swoon it seems!

• Like 1

18 euro = 13 pounds = $24...theres no conflict of information

• Like 1

Q: How is the disease and human waste element going and does it literally entail your avatar laying waste?

A: We actually motion-capped it and it was exceptionally hilarious, I'm sure we have pictures somewhere, allegedly it's what the military do according to Dean. It's squatting so you bring your knees up, you can't see anything vulgar, all you will see is your character squat and you may see some particle effects that look like human excrement and that's more to show diseases and things so if your character needs to start going more often maybe you have cholera or the bad hepatitis.

.. you are kidding right ?

Whats the game going to be named as? DayZ SA? or just DayZ?

That was *cough* one of my question that *cough* Griff/Matt never brought up in my absence.

;)

• Like 2

wait... Bad Hepatitis?? is there a good one, i was meaning to ask this when Matt said it last night during the interview!!

I think "good" hepatitas is having a cold-sore and "bad" hepatitas is the world falling out of your ass until you die.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Lol! Oh god, I was just going to mention A, B and C but you put it so much better, Fraggle! :D :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Either way, you got hepatitis your gonna have a bad day....

Is there a chance that the mods can create a Stand Alone Suggestions sub forum?

Don't we already have one of them or is it only the SA General Discussion, if not i think it's a not bad idea to have a Suggestions sub forum.

Means IF AGREED and we could ask Matt some more questions we can pick the best from the community and put them forward.

Edited by Derpy_Hooves
  • Like 4

Page 9 will be forever saved in my favorites. Hilarious.