rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

Quick Question...Haven't read this anywhere...

Is the only map being release for the standalone Cherno?

I'd love to see the other maps involved...Namalsk and such.

Quick Question...Haven't read this anywhere...

Is the only map being release for the standalone Cherno?

I'd love to see the other maps involved...Namalsk and such.

just cherno at first, but Rocket did say...

DayZ needs interiors, they're really important. I think DayZ needs a new map, BI made, that features a western city... let's just say I have plans. :)
  • Like 1

Well the only way to know for sure is to play WarZ myself, recently they patched the game fixed few things and added few things in contrast with what people said about the dev.

and if you think they dont deserve to be talked politley that is your problem, i still stand by my principle as a human in a community.

sigh that is why i hate to ask stuff. just answer the question rather than giving me a wall full of text that i already know about.

@zeppa "what you consider "bullcr*p" and they are proven" <=== what did i consider bullcr*p? what have been proven and what not?

but nvm that, WarZ Dev DID release the statement for the moment at let us see if they begin to fix that game or not.

gosh its like minecraft or terraria , alienware laptop and dead island again !

in the meantime the DayZ standalone picture does look promising, hope it will be better than the mod itself !

Jesus.... There's something wrong with you.... Your clearly going to go buy it..... So GO BUY IT, then come back and tell us how you hated it after 5 minutes of play, so we can all say "we told you, and we don't care"

• Like 2

I still own a copy of WarZ - I can't remember the last time I played it. I still own a copy of DayZ - I can remember the last time I played it. If it helps this odd-ball guy out with his decision about WarZ. As of right now, not only does WarZ run like crap (yes, even compared to the MOD DayZ) it also lacks any real depth in my opinion. Both of these statements are opinions of my run ins with both the games. I sadly could no bring myself to invest more then 9 hours play time into WarZ. It was more of a "well... lets give it one more try..." ... and a hour or so later I feel just, bored with it.

Audio is lame, which I use audio A LOT in DayZ to locate others (zombs and players)

Graphics/Animations are WORSE then the DayZ MOD... IE - Worlds slowest prone crawler'

Goofy item system in my opinion. I'm not ever going to wear a firefighters hate during times like these...

I mean - get it if you want - no fanboy here, pure gamer. I'd give WarZ a 2, and DayZ MOD a 7 (mainly due to flaws of being a MOD, client bossing server around, and lame bugs you can run across due to the Arma II engine.)

Nite guys.

OH PS ROCKET - I FOLLOW YOUR TWEETS, AND DUE TO THE TIME ZONE MOST THE TIME YOU WAKE ME (Yes, I'm a looser, his tweets go to my phone.) UP AT 5ISH... MIND POSTING... A FEW HOURS LATER!??!

I mean ... this morning you woke me up about ass hats... :|

Edited by FinKone

sigh that is why i hate to ask stuff. just answer the question rather than giving me a wall full of text that i already know about.

@zeppa "what you consider "bullcr*p" and they are proven" <=== what did i consider bullcr*p? what have been proven and what not?

Thats like asking if you should get certain babysitter for your kids, when you present 2 people that seems good. Someone points out that another is pedophile and there is lots of info about it but you dont care because he has better CV(made up one) and has cheaper price?

You said on certain points that things can be proven bullcr*p, so I assume that you mean things that float all around the topic. I dont care to start explaining what is and what not, when you can do the quick search for your self. If you are not willing to then fine, but you brought up that they can be proven "wrong" so you might wanna do that..

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

Got the WarZ as well,

it also lacks any real depth in my opinion.

Truer words never said.

I have played the WarZ 5 times, it had no immersing factors however compared to DayZ mod it was graphically "cleaner" I wouldn't say better. Just cleaner.

The cartoon look made it feel like team fortress.

DayZ just has so much........MORE. More of everything.

Jesus.... There's something wrong with you.... Your clearly going to go buy it..... So GO BUY IT, then come back and tell us how you hated it after 5 minutes of play, so we can all say "we told you, and we don't care"

right i bought it and it is such a blatant rip off of Dayz

i am sorry if this is not the place for this but is their a way to get into closed testing... i just want to help and if i cant do it in testing tell me what you need. i do what i can Keep up the great work

i am sorry if this is not the place for this but is their a way to get into closed testing... i just want to help and if i cant do it in testing tell me what you need. i do what i can Keep up the great work

post-137349-0-00532400-1359035349_thumb.

• Like 1

got $18,000 on a paypal account, any idea where i can buy a beta access? :o

I believe the buy in is $18,001

• Like 1

got $18,000 on a paypal account, any idea where i can buy a beta access? :o

wait for it.. wait for it.. [edited]

Edited by Dallas

The problem is that your point isn't on the moral high-ground. You're basically trying to incite the equivalent of a consumer's union. There's always going to be superior and inferior games in the marketplace because some people like what's cheap and quick while others like quality. That's why there's 92 billion $3 phone/facebook games and only a couple AAA titles at a given time. You can't MAKE people want more if they don't care if it's better or not. That's like telling people they're not allowed to prefer non-organic foods, or that it's morally reprehensible.

It's a free market and people with taste and money are in the minority. Trying to shake people out of their love for cheap, instant gratification is impossible.

All right, let me see if I understood you right. This is what Rocket said, which is very similar to what I said:

Q: What about the price?

A: -snip- Personally, the WarZ scandal and the price people have been paying has made me think, personally, that we've been undervaluing the project in terms of price. If one company releases a product, that doesn't perform well and is at a high price, and succeeds - what example does that set for other companies? People need to behave like rational consumers and not just instantly buy everything they see - otherwise all they will end up with is crap. The moment gamers start organizing and rewarding developers that meet what the consumers want - is the moment the publishers will be forced to value their developers more (and pay them more). Regardless, it's never going to be at a full retail price.

So your post could be translated to:

"The problem is that Rocket's point isn't on the moral high-ground. He is basically trying to incite the equivalent of a consumer's union.[...] Rocket CAN'T make people want more if they don't care if it's better or not."

Is this right? I'm just trying to understand if your opinion regarding my posts somehow has bias towards Rocket's person.

So you really think that Rocket's words were in vain and he (nor anyone else, like myself) can't change the situation?

I'd also like to hear Zeppa's opinion.

Edited by Reverie

Inventory Screenshots - Inventory Screenshots - Inventory Screenshots - Inventory Screenshots - Inventory Screenshots

eg3k86.jpg

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 3

Hmmm.... All these screenshots in my Fraps folder... nearly friday... what to do... what to do...

https://twitter.com/...475191256498177

I think Rocket needs some encouragement.

Edited by smasht_AU

He's such a bloody tease. Everyone, jump on Twitter and demand those screenshots!!!!! Roll out!!!

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

Not on Twitter or i would do just that!!

EDIT:

Dean Hall@rocket2guns

Okay I kind of deserved the inevitable twitter bomb there. There shall be a tumblr update tomorrow!

Edited by Insaneo
  • Like 2

Wake me up when it's tomorrow! >.> First thing I'll do when I wake up is look on my phone for the tumblr update. then I shall go back to sleep if it's not up xD! Going into hibernation until my DayZ alarm rings! (I must invent one of them)

Well to curb my excitement for tomorrows tumblr update ive just taken 4 xanax to put me to sleep. If im not back around this time tomorrow someone come wake me up.

• Like 2

I'll pay to test the game if I can. Whatever gets me playing this, I'm buckling under pressure.