rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

I can't wait for this... I have a question : I took Arma 2 CO in last promotion of steam... like 2 weeks ago, the Standalone for me will be free?

don't know what you guys drink over there...but you've had defenetely too much of it....SA for free.......don't drink and post ... :P

• Like 4

About Rhino : Well.sure he must a great person and his videos is entertaining but all the hate on WarZ changed my opinion,sounded like 12 years old kid raging on some1 for no reason.There is way more ppl that deserved to get in first lane and introduce DayZ SA. If there would be a poll id vote for JackFrags and Karwin(greatest DayZ machinima creator) Leutscher.And how about poor Russians that dont know english?

http://www.youtube.com/user/jackfrags

http://www.youtube.com/user/kleutscher

http://www.youtube.com/user/Wycc220

• Like 1

Yep, the top 500 sexiest people have been asked to test it out.

I knew someone would appreciate the photo I posted in 'Show Your Face!'

Nothing Wrong with RhinoCrunch, He has done alot for DayZ over the months and warned people of the ripoff (which i refuse to mention its name) way before anyone else!

That in its own was alot of help, to consumers who may have made a mistake aswell as all of his DayZ mod Videos...but i agree he may not be for everyone but the same goes for any Tuber.

I myself am a tuber, although new too it but do what i can to promote DayZ as you all do, sharing the word to real life friends...i have atleast 10 members of my family who are buying Standalone when released who would not have known of Dayz if not for me...

We all do our part because we have great respect for Rocket and the Team, for the honesty and hard work to deliver us all something we want...we in itself are the promotional team...

We all do it in our own way.

Keep up the awesome work everyone!

Falcon

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJchoward

i'm addicted already and i'm only watching youtube. Cant believe i've missed this for so long, especially since i loved operation flashpoint so much back in the day.

Oh well, too late. Like him or loathe him he's bought DayZ a lot of attention and that can't be ignored. Same goes for the other Youtubers. In fact it's because of these Youtubers that anyone has even heard of DayZ, it's never been advertised.

I see what you're saying, personally, I found Sacreal before I stumbled on Rhino and found him to be far more palatable, but as you say, he's not for everyone - I guess I just don't go for the whole beach combing in an SUV looking for freshly spawned players to run over, can be a funny guy, but yeah.

I see what you're saying, personally, I found Sacreal before I stumbled on Rhino and found him to be far more palatable, but as you say, he's not for everyone - I guess I just don't go for the whole beach combing in an SUV looking for freshly spawned players to run over, can be a funny guy, but yeah.

He has the mental age of a 13 year ago, looks like gollum not to mention that annoying voice going RHIIIIIIIIINUUUUURRRRRCRUUUUUUNCH & importantly a god awful player.

Edited by Ejaculacid

No need to insult people though is it, what ever they are like or appear to be like to 1 certain person.

And this has gone off topic abit guys so keep on track, we dont need negatives...all positive from now on, doesnt matter what people do on the tube they have there audience and if you dont like it, dont watch it!

All I know and care about is DayZ/DevTeam and there wellbeing, and that when we can finally get our hands on it we will all be happy...especially knowing that everyone helped towards getting the game we always wanted...

Falcon Out

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJchoward

Yep, the top 500 sexiest people have been asked to test it out.

yap...that's why I played it early december...for an alpha version not that bad I have to say :P

Edited by Private Evans

He has the mental age of a 13 year ago, looks like gollum not to mention that annoying voice going RHIIIIIIIIINUUUUURRRRRCRUUUUUUNCH & importantly a god awful player.

Oh well, refer to my previous post on the matter. Let's move on instead of dishing out pointless insults.

• Like 2

i'm addicted already and i'm only watching youtube. Cant believe i've missed this for so long, especially since i loved operation flashpoint so much back in the day.

It was the roosterteeth podcast that alreted me to Day z, if you have not checked them out, I recommend it.

So would anyone like to see in the SA, an option to consolidate all your ammo into your half full clips. I am sick of running around with 4 half full mags :(

• Like 1

How much will it cost? Is it gonna be cheaper than getting arma2 combined operations now or should I wait?

...but all the hate on WarZ changed my opinion,sounded like 12 years old kid raging on some1 for no reason.

lol, no reason?

... and steam shut warz down also for no reason.

Maybe he sounds like 12 year old, I have no problem with young people. I have problems with adults ignoring facts.

• Like 1

lol, no reason?

... and steam shut warz down also for no reason.

Maybe he sounds like 12 year old, I have no problem with young people. I have problems with adults ignoring facts.

Dont like it?Dont play it.There is no need to yell about you didnt liked the game as he did.Well yes,the game looks aweful(yet i keep playing it and dayZ) but what he was saying about the game is just bs.Fanboy is not what devs need to introduce their game.

just a note on your bad analogy, call of duty doesnt normally come with an avaiable battlefield mod from the makers of battlefield. all while making a barely known call of duty get top sales worldwide because of the battlefield mod. maybe now you can also see how that was a bad analogy.

i know its hard to grasp the concept i previously presented but its in the details.

i havent found anything about zombie animations on the stand alone, will they be revamped upon release? and out of curiosity, is there a way to insert new animations in the mod for the zombies?

Ok, I agree bad analogy. But my point is across the same. Doesn't in the least make sense to me why anyone would assume they would get any paid game free regardless of what you bought before.

The standalone will cost around 18 Euros and I wouldn't expect a release before between 4-8 weeks.

Dont like it?Dont play it.There is no need to yell about you didnt liked the game as he did.Well yes,the game looks aweful(yet i keep playing it and dayZ) but what he was saying about the game is just bs.Fanboy is not what devs need to introduce their game.

Whatever you say about RhinoCrunch, you can't say he was wrong about WarZ.

It really wasn't about the game, it was about dishonesty, about making promises, charging money for these promises, promises they didn't intend to keep. But this thread is not about RhinoCrunch or WarZ.

Edited by Dallas

How much will it cost? Is it gonna be cheaper than getting arma2 combined operations now or should I wait?

ArmA 2: OA is worth getting just for Wasteland, so I'd say it wouldn't be wasted money!

• Like 1

I've been introduced to DayZ a couple months ago by this youtuber called DevilDogGamer.

He has more of a serious, military, type of gameplay, and in the first episodes it definitely felt like a running simulator (he didn't cut frequently back then).

But the situations that this game provides, involving human interaction, is something that I've never seen in other game. Most of it is because of the arma 2 universe, the size and complexity of Chernarus, vehicles, weapons, animals, down to the very bushy environment that can be used as cover, and bends when you crawl leaving a trail, etc.

I still remember one day I was watching an episode and in the game something flew by the screen. I thought "wtf is that?".... I then went back and paused the video and was amazed by what I saw: a bee! (or some other flying insect). I was several minutes amazed by the fact that a game with such a massive environment had such small details as a bee flying around the player.

Edited by Reverie

Not shure you are trolling or not...

We talk about this?

Entertainment on high scill I say. Fun as hell. Facts + entertainment.

• Like 1

hope i get it id like to help finding bugs and stuff that makes games sometimes horrible to play, depending on the bug type ^^

mmmmh i feeel rocket just gonna get spamed for the beta closed testing... i dont envy him for that :(

Edited by the_french_guy

hope i get it id like to help finding bugs and stuff that makes games sometimes horrible to play, depending on the bug type ^^

mmmmh i feeel rocket just gonna get spamed for the beta closed testing... i dont envy him for that :(

If you ain't in now, you ain't in ever. CB people have been picked already and are waiting for the Beta to start. Even if a few drop out I would not imagain any other CB slots being offered.

So relax and watch twitch and youtube for streaming and be jealous like the rest that never got in :/

• Like 3

I would love to be invited, even in the second wave or something, I've been admin of a public server since Sep, I just got a Private Hive Server from DayZ.st at the end of Dec. Playing since June watching since May... I built a PC just to play this game... I then bought 3 23" monitors to see better, I then replaced my laptop so I could have DayZDB up on the 32" tv.... Then I bought a second OA2 Key, Then BAF, Then PMC... I'm seriously in love... I'm beggging Pretty Please... I've prob. spent over $1,500 on this game lol... I made that map hanging on the wall... lovingly cut the edges off every printed page and taped them all together... it's going on pegboard so I can put colored pins in eventually... Please I'm sick NEED ACCESS lol. I have a youtube channel... no one cares about it lol but it's there... I am starting to edit together more and more videos... (some REALLY good one's to come had a scripter selling wares on our public server which I saw in the logs, Hopped on banned him and ran down to elektro to find automated helicopters shooting eachother and at the ground... crashing every couple of minutes... and nuclear wind/ash from the nuke he set off.... CiforDayZServer on Youtube vid will be up by tomorrow)

Sickness_zps18923bd1.jpg

Edited by NonovUrbizniz

FOR THE LAST TIME, TESTERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN CHOSEN.

Nice set-up though.

• Like 2

Kan I haz axess to Beta plz?

• Like 2