rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

1.4mill people that's a lot of looks to rate

Why do you think it didn't come out in December? ;)

• Like 5

Just watched the new video interview Fraggle posted the link to.

So did Matt mean the release of the SA was imminent, when asked about the release or was he talking about the CB. I would imagine CB will last around 2-3 weeks and then 2 weeks of bug fixing and polishing. So is it likely we will see the SA in the next month or sooner.

Fraggle have you been told how long you guys will be testing for and if so, are you aloud to say or is that covered in the NDA?

Nope. Testing will last as long as is needed until the devs are happy that they can release it. Honestly, that is all we know.

Nope. Testing will last as long as is needed until the devs are happy that they can release it. Honestly, that is all we know.

Fair enough, 1 other question are you aloud to say who is in the CB, any well known youtubers or twitchers, so I can watch their channel for streaming?

Edited by -seraphine-

Or until we are so geared up that once released to the public we can sit on a nearby hill and snipe everyone who spawns in for the first time. ;)

• Like 1

Or until we are so geared up that once released to the public we can sit on a nearby hill and snipe everyone who spawns in for the first time. ;)

And then we can play an altered version of Duckhunt where the survivors are the ducks.

Just watched the new video interview Fraggle posted the link to.

So did Matt mean the release of the SA was imminent, when asked about the release or was he talking about the CB. I would imagine CB will last around 2-3 weeks and then 2 weeks of bug fixing and polishing. So is it likely we will see the SA in the next month or sooner.

Fraggle have you been told how long you guys will be testing for and if so, are you aloud to say or is that covered in the NDA?

The technical test is imminent, although we haven't been told specifically when it will start, I imagine the foundation release would heavily depend on the outcome of the technical test.

You obviously have never seen my new spawn ninja tactics. Spawn, find hatchet, run to Electro sniper hill. Bury hatchet in sniper, grab gear and run.

Fair enough, 1 other question are you aloud to say who is in the CB, any well known youtubers or twitchers, so I can watch their channel for streaming?

I'm sure you'll find them easily enough. If there's one thing Youtubers and streamers like, it's attention. It'll probably be hard to miss.

• Like 1

You obviously have never seen my new spawn ninja tactics. Spawn, find hatchet, run to Electro sniper hill. Bury hatchet in sniper, grab gear and run.

Funnily enough that is how i play DayZ right now.

• Like 2

I'm sure you'll find them easily enough. If there's one thing Youtubers and streamers like, it's attention. It'll probably be hard to miss.

Very true, I think I have subed the top 5 Day z youtubers, one of them is bound to be in it and someone from Machinima is almost certainly to be in it.

Very true, I think I have subed the top 5 Day z youtubers, one of them is bound to be in it and someone from Machinima is almost certainly to be in it.

PsiSyndicate, RhinoCrunch, OshiSeven and Lirik have mentioned they got invites, I expect many other popular youtuber/streamers have though too.

How I wanted to be one of 1,000 people between the closed beta of dayz Standalone more in fact, everyone knows who will win this opportunity will be youtubers gamers, people who created videos dayz, administrators and moderators of the forum posts .. then wasting time asking or predict key for the closed beta, if you have the opportunity to write for the beta, it will tell!

:)

PsiSyndicate, RhinoCrunch, OshiSeven and Lirik have mentioned they got invites, I expect many other popular youtuber/streamers have though too.

It would be funny to see Frankie and Jfrags do an ep in the CB.

Ok I mentioned Frankie can we please not have anyone bring up the does he hack or not drama. Jesus you would think they were dating frankie and he cheated on them the way they cling to that story!

Oh and hatcheting a sniper is the quickest way to gear up, IMO.

Typical DayZ SA tester:

tester_zpsc4fd7c02.jpg

Did someone Photoshop that hair cut. What is up with that center parting?!?

Tweed jacket with patches on elbows, check.

PC set up in front of fire place, check.

Rocking chair set up in front of PC, check.

• Like 1

What about Sacriel? He and Oshi were the ones Rocket was rooting for in the original Survivor Games.

Matt States 18:30

Rhino: "Anything you would like to spill before we go?"

"we generally haven't, really got anything else apart from the tumbler update. We haven't fixed for the release yet because we still working on some final things like, weapons as entities, and the new gear system"

using my retarded detective skills i would assume that; If he is able to put down the release delay down to only 2 things then i would say release cannot be far away.

"just my opinion"

Edited by Ovation

its more like half life + counter strike mod (arma2 + dayz mod) and counter strike source/global offensive (dayz standalone).

still, i wouldnt consider it a good analogy because arma 2 and half life´s sucess by itself cant be compared, but its closer.

counter strike mod was also sold as a stand alone after it became oficially developed by valve, not requiring buying half life. in fact at least in brazil it was a cheaper alternative (around half price), but previous versions and the mod died along with outdated servers and lack of support (since the creator was now working for valve). then came condition zero which was pretty much ignored by most. and the franchise got new life with the source remake, and now with GO again. the mod died and became a sucessfull franchise under the original game (halflife) developer.

Edited by white

Who would give Rhinocrunch an invite, hes trash.

Oh well, too late. Like him or loathe him he's bought DayZ a lot of attention and that can't be ignored. Same goes for the other Youtubers. In fact it's because of these Youtubers that anyone has even heard of DayZ, it's never been advertised.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

You might not particularly like their style but some of the early Youtubers really brought DayZ to the attention of a lot of people.

I first saw a video last May and thought "I have to play this game!" I was hooked before i'd even downloaded the actual mod.

• Like 2