rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

I'm guessing bribery is out of the question? My first born child? Soul?! I have nothing left!!!

I do have a question....Will we have to worry about Microtransactions in the SA...

looks sweet :)

are we going to get any more ideas of the roadmap in the coming months, ( dates preff) i understand it wont be done until its done and i am happy to wait, but would love a rough ETA.

Edited by triggy89

Will we have to worry about Microtransactions in the SA.

Rocket said Minecraft_Style so we can see no Microtans..... atm.

I think we see soon more

You should. The consolisation of DayZ, specifically the development team, could have disastrous consequences. It is irrelevant if you won't be playing it on that platform.

Not to sound like a PC elitist. I am just sick of my favorite games being dumbed down and simplified.

Well, unfortunately... it doesn't trend retroactively. The only "consolisation" results from a game developed for PC -AND- Console at the same time. Games that are developed for PC and then ported to console, in that order, tend to remain true to their original design (i.e. Minecraft). You might say, "Well Minecraft was dumbed down from PC". Yes, obviously it had to be sliced up a bit in terms of capability from PC, but the core mechanics, core gameplay, and overall experience is preserved. Meaning, the differences between PC Minecraft and Xbox Minecraft are largely cosmetic.

It is my belief that Day Z could possibly run on current-gen consoles, albeit not at full settings and with a highly-optimized terrain rendering system. Next-gen wouldn't be a problem. To cite the common criticism of "Well a keyboard gives you much more variety than a controller"... True, but I play Day Z with an Xbox controller, and if I could map the "lean" keys and the inventory key... to one of the five or so buttons that is un-used... I'd be 100%. Day Z's controls aren't that complex, as most complex actions revolve around the ARMA menu system.

Personally, I don't care as to whether it goes to consoles eventually... I have both a high-end gaming PC and an Xbox, and plan on upgrading both (with new-er parts and a new console respectively). However, if I could play with some of my friends who are in the military stationed abroad with Xboxes, or just friends who don't have the disposable income/technical prowess/inclination to support a gaming PC... then that would be a positive in my book.

On Topic - *squeeeee*

Yay awesome pictures!!! I cant wait to explore the new secrets of Chernaurus and take some Clothes of the bandits! :)

Keep up the awsome work DayZ team!

btw any chance to become tester??? ;) I would be very pleased...

greetz

Odd..

Since nobody wants to test this i volunteer as tester, PM me details.

:beans:

I said that first! :( PM me first, pls :P

Then NDA is that we get people to sign something, so they don't release assets etc.

I'm up to test the game, I'll sign that with no problems!

Looking good, it can't come soon enough.

First born child for a beta place? ;)

Sooooo yeah, I ain't to proud to say i am a tad bit jealous of those selected. But I guess that's life, those testers better test the mofo outta it!

I requested moar lathes in standalone, Rocket liked it! I should get the golden ticket to the the chocolate factory. :rolleyes:

Edited by opethZ

I should get the golden ticket to the the chocolate factory. :rolleyes:

if you get two, send me one. :P

• Like 1

guys asking for Beta tests. Im sure the remaining slots will go out randomly so begging for them on the forums will get you nowhere.

iYEnW.jpg

Okay, i do not want to start a war about adding childzombies being morally incorrect, but rather focus on a community/business standpoint

please dont do that. not because it is generally considered immoral, but because it might lead to a ban of the game in many countries.

this could massively limit the player support, and the media would tear the game apart for how violent it is and how the game caused so many people to go rampage and kill people and all that bullshit.

even if it adds to the atmosphere, and drama, and moral decisions... it will harm the game from all sides!

please just dont do it.

Edited by Wep0n
  • Like 5

So sometime before April it is then :D

Boy I sure hope rocket comes back in one piece from Mt. Everest because if he doesn't then DayZ will seem to have become a cursed project. With two crucial team members Ivan and Martin jailed in Greece, and bad press by mistaken identity from misinformed people (thanks WarZ), things could get creepy.

If some one goes rampage in a school they will blame dayz like mass effect because of the children!

• Like 1

I'm so excited!

Just can't hide it!

I'm about to lose control!

and I think I like it!!

Also gotta love the idiots that try to blame something other than the peice of shit that did the deeds. By that rational every single criminal that's seen a TV could blame CSI-Miaimi (list goes on and on and on and on . . . )for their behavior. As a matter of fact, lets just blame everything and anything an individual does against the law on something else. Just like the backward, idiotic thinking that says it's the guns fault and not the idiot using it.

Vehicular man slaughter . . . ."It was the cars fault. I'm not to blame." People lobby to get rid of cars.

"Every word I've ever misspelled I can blame on my pencil/keyboard." Grammar Nazis can fuck off now. People lobby to have pens and pencils regulated.

Edited by NoyZ
  • Like 2