rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

I admit i was first shown DayZ on Youtube.

But the list is very long. The Queen, Obama, Chuck Norris, Bear Grylls, Rick Astley, Kim Jong Un, the list goes on..........not sure if there is room.

Is their feedback all that matters?

No, not all that matters but they know about what they speak and they arent a kiddie what bought Arma II 5 secs ago. Theyre with the mod since the alpha, so i guess they should get an invite. Also some "normal" players. For that: I sign voluntarily! :lol:

Also some "normal" players. For that: I sign voluntarily! :lol:

so would everyone else :)

outstanding improvements just in the indoor textures alone don't want to hype it up too much but look out gta5 new zombie killing kid's on the block.

Just built my new computer recently for DayZ.. This is amazing.

Cannot wait for all this to be released, that quiet period was probably the best thing for DayZ, now the info has released and pictures, WOW.

One question for rocket and his co workers, is there a render distance and fov changer.

distance settings are forced server side he said in November

Where will the keys be given out? And will server owners have time to prepare to switch/move to the stand alone? As I would like more info on that.

Really want a beta key. Looks so good, all worth the extra wait over Xmas up to when its released, then the scramble to see what's new happens :D and good riddance to international hotel bambi killers

I want a key, I'm a big fan of the game .. and really wanted to participate in this unique moment!

:(

On topic

Nice to see some news, and good news at that! Someone showin' DayZ SA on stream is gonna have a retarded amount of fans...

See how happy your fans are for simply photos, and some details? This could have happened a lot sooner. I'm assume the cans, spawn system, and that table cloth have been made for awhile - it would have put a lot of water onto a out of control fire.

Off topic

In regards to Rockets twitter about Arma II and its ranking on Steam.

Arma II hits high on the steam sale, due to DayZ SA delay - BIS ain't stupid, its a win win for the company, still wouldn't be surprised if they forced you to delay on their behalf. They give you more time to release a better product, and get to make more money off the Arma II game... for those that say people don't pay for the DayZ mod - that is a thing of the past 1.5mil is big. Arma II didn't hit that high of a sale for no reason - or because all of the sudden its "in"...

Either way - looking forward to the future now slightly more then I was earlier today, seems sad - I know. Can't wait to see footage of people playing, I can already assume I'll not be one of them anyways.

QUESTION

Most likely a dumb one - I wouldn't have a render distance of my show case either..

But that photo of high up - over looking the map...

... removed draw distance perhaps...? ;D

Add wind for long guns - I don't care! I just want to see further!

PS - Rocket I started watching that old interview - HOLY HELL MAN. You've got to start puttin' some weight on man. You can tell this games sucking the life out of you. If the zombie apocalypse starts because of some odd mountain dew/long hours of coding death... ITS ON YOU.

Edited by FinKone

- DayZ will likely be ported to xbox if sales are over 1 million.

How do they plan on doing this? A simulator-like experience on a console?

If they do, separate it from DayZ, as it will have nowhere near the complexity or the amount of mechanics that anything on the PC can provide.

• Like 1

The 2001 title Operation Flashpoint was released for console as OFP: Elite in 2005~2006. With zombies getting severely optimized and basic Chernarus being a 2009 map, I don't see why it can't be optimized for current or next gen consoles. It might not be a 1:1 conversion, but it don't have to be.

Edited by Dallas

How do they plan on doing this? A simulator-like experience on a console?

If they do, separate it from DayZ, as it will have nowhere near the complexity or the amount of mechanics that anything on the PC can provide.

Actually I dont care, I wont be playing it!!!

• Like 1

Interview wont be availble for at least 1-2 hours, you have time to live your lives for a bit.

10 minutes left - don't you dare pull a Rocket! I'm completely interested in this audio.

Edit: Give or take a few minutes... ;|

Edited by FinKone

Im editing the interview audio file now, within the hour it will be on youtube if everything goes well.

Im removing all pauses and dead-end sentences, and marking down the time of each question...takes a while.

• Like 1

Im editing the interview audio file now, within the hour it will be on youtube if everything goes well.

Then, we shall RULE THE VURLD! MWAHAHAHAH...

Wait what

• Like 1

I hope that's not the only female hairstyle we get. Buns are stupid! Also, will things such as boots overlap/tuck into the jeans? I hate games where the boots go UNDER the pants... Defeats the appearance of boots!! Looks amazing tho, can wait to see the new lighting get added in when arma3 is released.

Also, I hope we get a saturation filter added into the video options. After playing the walking dead, I love the visual style of a saturated, colourful environment with gore and graphic scenes.

Sweet looking forward to it. Thanks for taking your own time and effort for the sake of others mental well being. We are all slowly turning, and our only cure is information about DayZ... :|

PS I personally wish I didn't have to tuck my damn pants into my boots...

1.5MIL USERS HOT DAMN

Edited by FinKone

Let me get this right. You have to change/you can change your cloths on the standalone? If so I am so going to hold people up and steal there pants. Also if I managed to find someone with a motorcycle I am going to hold them up and say I need your cloths your boots and motorcycle.

• Like 7