rocket

A not-announcement announcement for the forums!

Rocket, can you please just give us a general idea of when it will be released? No one expects a specific date, but even the quarter it will be released would appease a lot of people, myself included. Everyone appreciates your and your team's hard work and devotion to the game, but it's getting very frustrating with "announcements" that don't tell us anything.

Well do you remember when he say it has to out out before the end of the year, then said well the deadline could slide and then people had a series of aneurysms, heart attacks, nervous breakdowns and bricks where shat in obscene amounts, when it did indeed slide. So unless he's clinical masochistic, he's not going to want to repeat that idea in a near future.

I don't think we'll get an ETA, until his team and Steam has coordinated about an actual date.

Also If you signed up yesterday and to talk about Rocket abandoning the community, you might want to work on your situation awareness. I'm not saying you're not entitled to an opinion, I'm just saying you should attempt to base your opinion on... not nothing.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Well, it's obvious who the ones are that want to see this game fail since their game failed so horribly...

There's an old saying "misery loves company." and damn they must be miserable.

I for one am ok with knowing that the game is still in development and is STILL coming out.

Oh and is still going to kick that "other" games ass.

• Like 4

Well do you remember when he say it has to out out before the end of the year, then said well the deadline could slide and then people had a series of aneurysms, heart attacks, nervous breakdowns and bricks where shat in obscene amounts, when it did indeed slide. So unless he's clinical masochistic, he's not going to want to repeat that idea in a near future.

I don't think we'll get an ETA, until his team and Steam has coordinated about an actual date.

Also If you signed up yesterday and to talk about Rocket abandoning the community, you might want to work on your situation awareness. I'm not saying you're not entitled to an opinion, I'm just saying you should attempt to base your opinion on... not nothing.

I don't care when he releases as it want it to be bug-free and want him to take as long as he needs to make sure that happens. What is frustrating me and a lot of others is that he's giving these BS "announcements" that don't tell anyone anything at all. He specifically stated early on when they announced the SA that he's going to be transparent about what's going on and he has admitted he's failed miserably at that.

BTW, I've been a forum member for months so I'm not sure what you're talking about situational awareness.

Rocket, there is no comparison between WarZ and this because this is not a call of duty mock with zombies its a hardcore realistic zombie simulator. There is no challenge for you I have been playing WarZ still playing DayZ more though and why? Well because that game was an experiment I was interested in finding out if someone could make another zombie MMO and pull it off like you did. The conclusion to a miserable series of hours played on that game is, no they can't DayZ is the only Zombie MMO that's worth playing and only a mod at that meanwhile WarZ is a full game and much MUCH worse. You haven't even got the title of a full game yet you still have massive amounts of fans supporting your mod, why? Because you care what we think, you improve because of the feedback we give you and your own ideas. HammerPoint Interactive has to be the most sketchy company to ever surface among the gaming industry. They started good but oh boy did they crash and burn and now their game is just debris from the crash, garbage littered all over the place. Well standalone is going to to blow WarZ away being the best zombie/survival MMO to ever surface in our generations. *Salute* :beans:

I don't care when he releases as it want it to be bug-free and want him to take as long as he needs to make sure that happens. What is frustrating me and a lot of others is that he's giving these BS "announcements" that don't tell anyone anything at all. He specifically stated early on when they announced the SA that he's going to be transparent about what's going on and he has admitted he's failed miserably at that.

BTW, I've been a forum member for months so I'm not sure what you're talking about situational awareness.

I'm going to warn you now, the game won't be bug free. No game ever is when it first gets out into the wild. There's also at least one good reason to keep mum on key details. It's a shame but hey, it's the way things are.

The whole player base is 100% behind you!

As people have said... None of the Warz base support Sergi, ALL of the Dayz players support RockeT!

Keep up the good work!

No offence intended, but the criticizer in me wants to criticize this announcement as inspirational crap we have heard before. But I suppose this is a non-announcement announcement, whatever the hell that means. Just like how DayZ isn't a game, but an anti-game that is also a game, yeah?

Glad to see things are going well with the team.

• Like 2

Hope your time back in the homeland has refreshed your mental and physical health. We all wish you and the dev team luck.

And to everyone saying 'CAN WE HAVE AN ETA?'

Muster up some patience and wait. It'll be released when the team feel the build is ready, no sooner, no later.

Nice Rocket...

I love your game! and let's move forward together in the great success of Standalone dayz!

:P

Man, you guys must hate id-Software. Innovators of the "When It's done" ETA.

Man, you guys must hate id-Software. Innovators of the "When It's done" ETA.

I hate Valve more. Where's goddamn Half-life 3?

• Like 1

So it's not getting released on the 15th like the Russian mod said on twitter?

So it's not getting released on the 15th like the Russian mod said on twitter?

The mods here only have access to the same information that you do so anything else you read is bollocks speculation and they should know better than to create rumours.

Sorry last part was not directed at you, should probably have been more clear.

I don't recall any promises of transparency, I only recall him saying, he had to be very careful what he said in the future.

Because WarZ through out their entire existence had based their business model on copying DayZ, Rocket can simply not afford to freely hand over his original ideas, because not only will WarZ claim them as their own, they will copy them so poorly, that they even hurt DayZ,

You may remember Rocket introducing the term "Foundation" to describe the engine changes DayZ would undergo from an alpha mod to a standalone game. For DayZ this required redesigning the map, redesigning the server infrastructure, redesigning the inventory interface, remodeling and optimizing the zombies, adding new game mechanics, elaborating diseases, infections, damage model and on and on. Five ten days after Rocket used the term foundation to describe the massive changes, Sergei Titov proudly announced that WarZ was no longer in alpha, it was now a foundation. WarZ didn't actually make any changes to their engine, they just changed the title of the build and then decided to sell it on Steam. What they sold on Steam was just their shitty, unfinished alpha build and when people discovered that, their outrage forced Steam to remove the game.

Unfortunately the term Rocket introduced to tryto explain old and new customers, what kind of product they could expect, is now linked to WarZ's utter failure and as of December 20-something, the term Foundation now really means: Piece of shit WarZ scamware. So Rocket has to protect his ideas and new features, not because he wants to keep you in the dark, but because he don't want to see his ideas stolen or fucked up by WarZ.

As for a new release date, we already seen how well people handle delays and if he isn't exactly sure, when he's going to release the standalone, it makes no sense to make one up to calm people, who'll only get impatient and outraged anyways.

DayZ has been a learning process for Rocket. Remember their early estimates were 600 concurrent users of the DayZ mod and then it exploded on youtube and twitch. Rocket has had to learn, that there's a big difference what you can say or promise, when you're offering a free mod and then to transforming it to an in house project and developed as purchasable product. He's openly admitted making mistakes, but it's also been impossible for him to predict, two of his team members, got disappeared in Greece.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

Common respect for the people working hard to deliver a product for us to enjoy. I think the people who are insanely upset need better priorities.

Well, I did respect Rocket at one point. That was in the early summer. I thought "now here's a guy who knows what's up!". Then the hackers really started to hit and instead of empowering server owners to police their own servers, they were told to submit a cheat report and pray to the Lord Rocket that the hackers would be banned. Take matters into your own hands and you risked being blacklisted. I used to think that the guy that trolololed and claimed to be fueled by my tears was a cool dude that deserved my praise, now all I see is a developer trampling the good-will of his community. Alas, I'm no longer a fanboy - I haven't been one for months. As a non-fanboy, I find it pathetic the way DayZ is currently being handled. Rocket is not Notch and doesn't deserve to be treated like him.

He was talking about the mod. I'm glad the two spammers hit you with their beans. Sort of proves a different point.

Then I'll reword my statement: Bohemia can get one of their guys to write up what's going on for SA. I'm sure an established company can spare one intern to write up the reports.

Mods are off topic. Wonder if they'll moderate themselves? Nvm :P

Edited by Publik

TO ALL THOSE MOANING ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE OR COMPLAINING ABOUT WHATS IN THE GAME OR NOT IN THE GAME PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK BELOW AND TRY TO GET REAL.

lWlfE.png

THE GAME WILL BE READY WHEN ITS READY, Theres a real world out there ffs

• Like 3

TO ALL THOSE MOANING ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE OR COMPLAINING ABOUT WHATS IN THE GAME OR NOT IN THE GAME PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK BELOW AND TRY TO GET REAL.

lWlfE.png

THE GAME WILL BE READY WHEN ITS READY, Theres a real world out there ffs

Ya CAPS are stuck on Mate

• Like 1

Thx for update, but that guy who said the game will be released in mid February was probably right ..... and I was hoping for 1/7/2013 as 1/5/2013 Arma2 sale ends. :(

Yea just wait for February at least, then we can start to test alpha!

There´s no date confirmed, can be december or tomorrow, stop guessing, rocket did'nt say anything about release date!

I'm still hoping for a 2012 release

• Like 7

He posted, but he didn't post any information. He "doesn't want to get into it". I'm sure he can dedicate one of his "thousands" of people "working" on SA to update the community on where things stand.

It's a rather shitty way to treat your community, this.

You are right he didn't post any information, at least none we didn't already know. He put it in the name "not-announcement", he obviously don't want to give out infos. Whatever his reasons are.

Well people cried because he didn't give them an update. Now they cry because he gave us a not-announcement.

If this is a "shitty way to treat a community" everybody has to decide on his own.

I for my part don't care. The SA will come out eventually. I can be paitent. I don't care for announcements what the SA will be like, what I do care for is a good product at the end.

• Like 1

As far as not-announcements go, this is great.

You get a update knowing that the game hasn't hit a rut, you get to know that he is feeling a lot better in himself.

AND

He has said sorry for screwing up and making false 'promises'.

People need to look at this as more of a 'Off the record' kind of deal.

We're not only making the game, we're redoing the engine specifically for the game

THIS also excites me. Same game you love, but different, in a good way.