griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Who cares?

Rockets owes us nothing. We deserve nothing. He said that he does not want to cater to the casual community, and it appears that the impatient ones fit into the category. 

People act as if their whole life depends upon the release of the Standalone; as if they sit in their room doing nothing, awaiting its release. 

The less casual players playing the game, the better. 

• Like 2

You can allways say one date.... and than come out and say listen people I underestimated the amount of shit we have to go through and we are working on it esitmate at least a 5 monts of work or something.... Just be honest... and leave an impression that you actualy know what you are doing and that you are on top of it. 

Its been a year into standalone development... Rocket should have a grasp on ho much work there is to be done... at least a year it will be done in.... something other than... "when its done"

How can you say that?

Do you think he's a god damn robot to calculate how much time all the gamebreaking bugs and glitches will take to be fixed?

He cannot. All he can do is just keep working, and one day it will be ready for release.

Jesus Christ, who cares if it's been a year. Starcraft 2 took 5 years to make.

Duke Nukem took way longer. 

Just deal with the fact that it will be "done when it's done", as it is the only acceptable and true release date, lmao.

They are opening the alpha to the public, they're releasing in alpha. The current build is pre-alpha, some of the core features haven't been added yet.

But that's the whole point... It's taking so long because they're adding all this new content that couldn't be added to the mod.

What is this new content that you speak off.... new buildings? some medical items? cooking stuff?... Buildings are allready there it all looks great... I mean Chernarus is allready playable...

Look past the graphics for a moment. How big is he list of items/features that will be implemented "when its done" ... and than take a look at list of stuff DayZ modding community has right now... just saying that and awesome potential could be unused.

Strong point of DayZ is not the zombies... it's player interaction, PVP, and awesome arma ballistics. Dayz needs stuff to do besides searching for a better weapon. If the new zombies are such a monumental task that you dont see the end.. change priorities...  they looked fine to me in dev video.... add real survival elements... nature survival, more interactive environment... focus on dayz strongest point... not the zombies with very questionable result it seems... cuz Rocket even doesn't know what year it will be finished in. 

Who cares?

Rockets owes us nothing. We deserve nothing. He said that he does not want to cater to the casual community, and it appears that the impatient ones fit into the category. 

People act as if their whole life depends upon the release of the Standalone; as if they sit in their room doing nothing, awaiting its release. 

I understand that you don't care... but its kinda been like a hobby of mine these past months... I enjoy modeling for dayz and I like to test out the new mods and see new ideas. I actualy care about how Dayz Standalone turns out.

But you are totaly right, Rocket owes us nothing... he doesn't have to do anything.... doesn't even have to finish the mod... on the end of the day its just a video game right... there will be plenty more in the future

Edited by RonhillUltra

What is this new content that you speak off.... new buildings? some medical items? cooking stuff?... Buildings are allready there it all looks great... I mean Chernarus is allready playable...

Look past the graphics for a moment. How big is he list of items/features that will be implemented "when its done" ... and than take a look at list of stuff DayZ modding community has right now... just saying that and awesome potential could be unused.

Strong point of DayZ is not the zombies... it's player interaction, PVP, and awesome arma ballistics. Dayz needs stuff to do besides searching for a better weapon. If the new zombies are such a monumental task that you dont see the end.. change priorities...  they looked fine to me in dev video.... add real survival elements... nature survival, more interactive environment... focus on dayz strongest point... not the zombies with very questionable result it seems... cuz Rocket even doesn't know what year it will be finished in. 

Full weapon customisation? Purpose built HUD and inventory system? Revamped med and injury system? Disease and contamination? Item damage?

I'm not sure if that was a serious question, so I'll leave it at that. :S

• Like 3

I understand that you don't care... but its kinda been like a hobby of mine these past months... I enjoy modeling for dayz and I like to test out the new mods and see new ideas. I actualy care about how Dayz Standalone turns out.

But you are totaly right, Rocket owes us nothing... he doesn't have to do anything.... doesn't even have to finish the mod... on the end of the day its just a video game right... there will be plenty more in the future

I'm not saying I do not care that he finishes it, but the date in which he releases it.

• Like 1

I could honestly care less about the release date of the Standalone. Rocket is not on our schedule for anything, he's doing what he has to do to deliver a fine product. At this point, sharing our ideas about features is the best we can do to make the game that we will eventually enjoy even better. The developers clearly listen to anything that's more professional and meets standards.

Conclusion is; be patient and the time will come for all of us to enjoy the game. We're all on the same ground here.

• Like 1

I'm not saying I do not care that he finishes it, but the date in which he releases it.

its almost inception release date

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

I doubt the SA is even 10% done. I get the feeling were dealing with "wanna be " software publishers.

Oh and how do you "delay" a release thats never been set? lol

Edited by map444

They are opening the alpha to the public, they're releasing in alpha. The current build is pre-alpha, some of the core features haven't been added yet.

But that's the whole point... It's taking so long because they're adding all this new content that couldn't be added to the mod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really the "Pre Alpha" I heard it was the "Pre-Pre Alpha"

"But that's the whole point... It's taking so long because they're adding all this new content that couldn't be added to the mod."

Oh just stop it already

Edited by map444

...And I'm supposed to take you seriously when you don't know the difference between a developer and a publisher?

I still remember that moment i fell in loo0ve and wanted to be the first man child to bring Rockets children into the world...

somewhere in a forest near Stary..a man emerges from the mist...

Me - I glance up and stop stoking my sizzling rabbit ears, the fire crackles softly..'hello ? is that you sweet Rocket ..?'

Rocket of the mist -It is i my child of the forest and plains..it is i..

Me - What news doth you bring my lord ? Is it a release date ?

Rocket of the mist - It is not my child..i care not if the game fails..only that i make it how i want..how i envision

Me - You grace me with these words my lord...care for an ear ?

Rocket of the mist - No...i have much work to do and men make mountains out of molehills. I will climb one and see the comparison, and then i shall go to task..

Me - Oh my lord i ..i pee'd a little bit in your presence..are you thirsty ?..do you wish to..

...but he was gone..back to the mist.

• Like 3

What methods of communication are going to be available in SA? Is there going to be Side Chat? Is Group Chat going to be removed? etc.

What methods of communication are going to be available in SA? Is there going to be Side Chat? Is Group Chat going to be removed? etc.

Tried to find the posts to actually back this up but I know that rocket has said that at least sidechat is gone. Radios will be there to use instead, if you manage to find one.

My guess is that there will only be direct communication, radios and the OOC admin chat, or whatever it will be called.

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 1

Tried to find the posts to actually back this up by I know that rocket has said that at least sidechat is gone. Radios will be there to use instead, if you manage to find one.

My guess is that there will only be direct communication, radios and the OOC admin chat, or whatever it will be called.

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad side chat is going to be gone. I hope the radios aren't rare, though. Otherwise, I'll probably be forced to use Skype or Teamspeak.

Edited by LilBambi

...And I'm supposed to take you seriously when you don't know the difference between a developer and a publisher?

Yep, and how am I suposed to take you seriously when you haven't figured out yet after over a year of nothing but promises thats it's probably never coming out.

Edited by map444

Yep, and how am I suposed to take you seriously when you haven't figured out yet thats it's probably never coming out

Like I said before - I have the game already, I can see the progress that the devs are making and can assure you that it will be completed.

If you're trolling you aren't very good at it. :S

• Like 6

Hello there

Rocket told me its all about the cash and he adores "lying" to the public.

What we all need to be is rational.

I know thats difficult here on the net. But we can do it.

The Alpha will appear when its ready to roll out.

Not to hit any steam based marketing deals, just when it's stable and to a degree of completeness that the dev team is happy with.

One may have to wait a while, but then again of one has moved on and doesn't want to buy it, then fine.

Its a niche game for a niche audience. It just happens that that audience is quite large.

There are no lies or conspiracy nor is there incompetence.

patience is key.

Feedback is also valued, be it here or Reddit etc as long as it's constructive.

For those who believe "it's never coming out" then fine. Believe that. Go do something else.

I'm very happy testing the "Vapourware" and there'll be a whole bunch of us playing in the future.

I'd rather the devs took their time and missed all these "important" release dates.

Ive waited years for a new ELITE, I can wait for the SA.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Does anyone have an idea on how much of an FPS boost we will get from the SA?

For example, if I'm getting about 15-25 FPS during the day, 20-30 FPS at night, and 10-15 FPS in cities on the lowest settings (I know, it sucks), what could I expect from the Standalone?

Who cares?

I do sit in my room doing nothing

slowly fading away as each day passes without the StandAlone

I do sit in my room doing nothing

slowly fading away as each day passes without the StandAlone

luk2D1n.jpg

• Like 3

Yep, and how am I suposed to take you seriously when you haven't figured out yet after over a year of nothing but promises thats it's probably never coming out.

Congratulations, you just went full retard :beans:

Yes ok, you figured out the dirty secret that there is no SA coming :rolleyes: now you can press the big red X on your browser and fuck off.