griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Is there going to be a leaderboards in standalone so you can check how much zombies you have killed, how many Hours survived like the start up screen of WarZ

i don't know, but watching the destiny of the debug monitor i don't think so. so you cannot be proud of your kills without the old school paper and pencil, which is more right to me, if you forget your kills you shouldn't kill, you shouldn't play as a mindless death machine. and the leaderboards ingame now, with zombies kills and deaths is just a feature of arma2 multiplayer so don't get attached to it too. :-)

How do you get into the Closed Beta?

If you can.

You can't.

If you are invited you will be contacted by a dev.

Can everyone please stop asking, this is getting ridiculous... :(

• Like 3

You can't.

If you are invited you will be contacted by a dev.

Can everyone please stop asking, this is getting ridiculous... :(

What he said..... next

Devs said that they wanted to do something like you describe for MOD and also for Standalone but they're wanting to give more priority to the game and then start thinking about a framework to give a proper statistics UI (Web-type or in-game) so players can have a look on his own stats or even other players.

Just wondering, If the knowledge is out there, Night time play in the SA, will it be from the toh engine? or the new modified one? Ive seen the toh night and i was not impressed (Understood its designed for Air play but come on)

I want my first experience to be in the middle of the night with the SA.

What's the toh night like, for those of us who have not seen it?

You think they are too bright or too dark?

I guess the bright textured streets is a way to imitate streetlights without having to render 500.000 individual light posts, which isn't really needed in a flightsim environment. If we where ever to Seattle as a stage for DayZ(ohgodohgodohpleaseohplease), it would be without the artificial lights.

Edited by Dallas

Well I reckon it's too dark. I thought Arma was dark at night (With no moon etc) and toh is dark too. I was hoping for some sight at night due to eyes getting acustomed and able to pick more up in the dark think Arma 3 night play.

take the street lights away and your left with a lot of black.

I still don't think the average human eye is able to use only starlight to distinguish features on the dark side of Earth. I really love DayZ's pitch black moonless nights, even if it's very taxing to play while without a moon.

• Like 2

hopefully they take the game back to its roots and shift the focus to exploration, scavenging, and survival in general

current game should be called "as50 shooting gallery 2013"

• Like 5

I think Arma 2's nights are good but adding some lightning in towns would be nice. It gets really dark in countryside when the sun is down but Arma 2's darkness last only about 18:30-21:00 (in October) and after that you can see IMO too well.

//Ok when I tested in July it was too dark for me from 19:45-22:30. I hope standalone won't be that dark in the night :P

Edited by St. Jimmy

Hopefully they add some of the new light features from ArmA 3 engine.

It looks like a really nice improvement from ArmA 2 (and ToH) engines. They also show in this video a new inventory system, wich looks nicer too. Maybe they are taking advantage of some of the code already done for ArmA3 to make DayZ SA (crossfingers)

Edited by xFera
  • Like 1

Maybe they can add some of the new light features from ArmA 3 engine.

Hopefully.

1pxqJ.png

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

I've mostly been wondering what the weapon load-out will be...

I have been hoping for some more civilian weaponry, because I simply enjoy playing vanilla. I found getting military load-outs quite common in my public and sometimes private hive experiences. This way, I can find a different set to go for, or find a preference.

I just rather enjoy my Makarov in DayZ to go for a longer range of civilian armaments. :P

Edited by The Smorski

I'm so excited about Arma 3 / Dayz SA it made me an obsessive nerd. I keep checking rocket's twitter and the dayZ subreddit all day long..

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind the nights, but there really should be more emphasis on team work as that is the only time I have seen nights any good.

Playing in a team on night servers is fantastic.

• Like 1

Will people be allowed to record the closed beta?

Well - they'll have signed up to a NDA, so I think not. However, the same thing happened to <choke> The WarZ and footage went out online (mainly to highlight just how shite it was). Hopefully the beta testers won't do this as they'll be fully behind the game and it's development.

*EDIT* My bad - seems streaming is OK with the devs - sorry to mislead :)

Edited by SAL_iOGC

Well - they'll have signed up to a NDA, so I think not.

Except people are allowed to stream :)

/Btw. why everyone calls it closed beta? It is closed pre-alpha/server stress test or have I missed something?

Edited by St. Jimmy

just a mistake folk are making.