griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

saw this it will be pre closed testing i presume but yes great news :)

That's the best thing I've heard this far.

Players are always going to be catalyst to our emotional choices, the zombies will finally be the ever threatening backdrop to our struggle to survive.

So the question is : how's it goin with anticheats and all that stuff to protect legit players from all the hackers\cheaters\scripters?

To bring the old news to you. The SA is using Steamworks and therefore be enforcing VAC.

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

If no one has seen it, Rocket just posted this on twitter:

Dean Hall@rocket2guns

Today I load up DayZ Standalone. FPS is stable... world looks good... zombies chasing me indoors... #lifeIsGood

Great news ?

Zombies chasing people indoors alone is going to change this game dramatically!

• Like 1

Looks like zombies will be more of a threat in this game, I'm too excited

Can't wait for the SA. Any news about how long this closed test will run?

Edited by Dagyr

The only thing that scares me is all the script bugs\hacks just like in mod right now.Will there be security improvement?Cuz the most major problem is hackers that ruin any multiplayer game of any type.I even managed to play some warZ while waiting for standalone,first few days i was hating on the game but right now i kinda enjoy it except the time when i meet an aimbotter guy.So the question is : how's it goin with anticheats and all that stuff to protect legit players from all the hackers\cheaters\scripters?

Read the Dev Tumblre where all of your concerns are addressed by Rocket.

I can't stress enough how important it is for people to read this: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/ and listen to this : http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/116479-interview-with-matthew-lightfoot/ before asking questions, it saves a lot of typing :)

Edited by Fraggle

So, closed test can be any day now? I thought It when I read that Rocket twitter: Today I load up DayZ Standalone. FPS is stable... world looks good... zombies chasing me indoors...

So, closed test can be any day now? I thought It when I read that Rocket twitter: Today I load up DayZ Standalone. FPS is stable... world looks good... zombies chasing me indoors...

Pretty much... but I think it's more of a test of the game's systems integrity than an actual playtest.

Edited by Cdrive

@Fraggle

You are part of prealpha.

Question... Can you check please "lean left right" unarmed?

If not possible report it to defs please. :thumbsup:

@Fraggle

You are part of prealpha.

Question... Can you check please "lean left right" unarmed?

If not possible report it to defs please. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'd like to see this added if it hasn't been already. I always get my torch out so I can lean, lol!

How long do you think It will be?

To quote Dean: "As long as it needs!"

Yeah, I'd like to see this added if it hasn't been already. I always get my torch out so I can lean, lol!

So you have it on the list? Ty. Nice. Don´t forget it... :lol:

This closed test is actually mainly for stress testing the new server archetecture rather than giving feedback on game features, that stuff will be taken care of post-release in updates. I'll post it in the Suggestions sub-forum if it hasn't been added though. ^_^

• Like 1

so we were right? rocket had to wait until steam sales were over so BIS could make some more cash

What i want is the dancing from Arma 2 and Perks: Such as Wild Wasteland ( Like in Fallout: New Vegas) where there would be random events where a horde of zombies ( Like hundreds show up) And then the benny hill theme plays, And maybe a circle of zombies will surround you and do the thriller dance.

• Like 1

so we were right? rocket had to wait until steam sales were over so BIS could make some more cash

How rude of them trying to make money, I thought they were in it for the jelly beans.

What i want is the dancing from Arma 2 and Perks: Such as Wild Wasteland ( Like in Fallout: New Vegas) where there would be random events where a horde of zombies ( Like hundreds show up) And then the benny hill theme plays, And maybe a circle of zombies will surround you and do the thriller dance.

THIS. A thousand times yes! Having it in as a little april fools joke every april first would be halerious and awesome!

If they're adding new animations for the zombies, it would be cool if the hungriest zombies, in their eagerness, sometimes tripped over while lunging at you, and if there was a zombie running right behind him, he falls over the first zombie.

Then zombies who have just feasted on another player might not be that desperate to eat, so they could be a bit slower and have fresh blood dripping from their mouths.

Probably not easy to implement, but would look pretty cool!

Edited by Amroth

Sounds like he might be keeping true to his roots with the game, where it wasn't meant to be a game at all but a terrifying experience.

And I'm all for that :]

1)

I am thinking about DayZ and what interesting features could be implemented in the standalone version. An Idea - barricades - This skill will needed crowbar and some kind of skill of course. - There should be both, unlocking and breaking the doors. Just some of houses not at all. Also lockpicking tools should be ussed for chests, drawers and so. Let me know What you think even rocket himself ?

2)

How to recognize I am medic like - add possible loot helmet sanitary skin (red cross, white background), also the bag colored to red/white ?