griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Some twitter/reddit posts from Rocket today

I'm working on a tumblr update explaining why standalone isnt out, why thats a "good" thing, and what the plan actually is now
Back to work... playing with the entirely new inventory system. So, SO good! Can't wait to demo it (when it finally works!)
The possibilities are making me shit enthusiasm. This new system... the potential it unlocks... it's hard to really describe.
We're not quite at this point yet, but for the first time today... I actually used it in game! complete with its placeholder UI graphics and insane bugs.... but to see the architecture actually working... to be honest it was one of the highlights of the whole project. This confirms the architecture works, and everything from durability, to addon components, to diseases on items, to batteries, clothing - all these things become possible.
The inventory system and the entire architecture behind it has been written from scratch, by one of the original programmers of the engine. Now you must collect individual items, they can spawn all around a house... on shelves, under beds.
I didn't do the last update because we held off on things, given the fiasco of the WarZ scenario and the intensity of the hate I received from people confusing WarZ with DayZ made me really not feel very positive. So, right now, I'm working on that update and looking to see what I can include in it.
Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 10

Back to work... playing with the entirely new inventory system. So' date=' SO good! Can't wait to demo it (when it finally works!)[/quote']

Ok Rocket, share this lollipop with us

15hfltx.jpg

Edited by vacalouca
  • Like 4

When did Rocket post this? I don't remember seeing this before!

Anyways I think WarZ is an absolute Cluster****. It's goose is cooked. Their banning MANY innnocent players, FULL of hackers, piss-poor customer service, heinously anus gameplay, and graphics and sound so bad, if your ears and eyes could vomit, they would! (Personally just watching gameplay made my eyes start to ache, actually)

Rocket, don't let this god-awful imposter (WarZ) try and scare you, keep up the good work, don't worry about the release date. Take your time, it will be so worth it in the end. (Actually, with the steam sale ending, I have a lingering feeling the release is just around the corner. Just a hunch.)

Edited by Toybasher

Good to see that rocket is enjoying his work again!

Edited by Stoy
  • Like 1

Rocket will post a Tumblr blog post later.

"Dean Hall@rocket2guns

I'm working on a tumblr update explaining why standalone isnt out, why thats a "good" thing, and what the plan actually is now"

I can tell you something about the Tumblr update which was just announced;

Rocket is gonna reveal that the SA was just a hoax and that he made a lot of money betting his friends that he could start his own sect!

• Like 2

Wen i can pre-purchase the DayZ Standalone?

Never. They aren't taking anyone's money until they have a game to give them in exchange.

Never. They aren't taking anyone's money until they have a game to give them in exchange.

I however accept donations. Especially in bulk :)

• Like 2

Hopefully the Tumblr will include some fresh pictures of the new W.I.P content :D

Very interested in the revamped inventory system. Hopefully it will reduce the need for what I like to call 'backpack math'.

• Like 2

I'm interested in there being some sort of optional in game story. Maybe discovering the source of the infection.

the source of the infection is devils castle.

some archaeologists found a ancient container, lettered with a unknown font, with the virus inside.

the archaeologists were careful and let the container shut.

but some stupid trainee wanted to take a photo from its content for his facebook page to impress everyone because hes a looser.

and BAM... BREAKOUT

:D :D :D

• Like 3

"Dean Hall@rocket2guns

I'm working on a tumblr update explaining why standalone isnt out, why thats a "good" thing, and what the plan actually is now"

Nice ... but later can mean in 2 weeks as well .... I hope in this case it's max 24 hours.

Nice ... but later can mean in 2 weeks as well .... I hope in this case it's max 24 hours.

I've now completed the draft, complete with screenshots. Being reviewed now hoping to go live on tumblr soon.

F5 time.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

Not sure if anybody saw it but Rocket said the SA will be out before the end of March, because he's going to Everest April 1st.

"Dean Hall@rocket2guns

BIS will hand him a wad of cash?

This is how Vaporware is defined and in fact, the wikipeida page states this is how it begins.

A product missing its announced release date' date=' and the labeling of it as vaporware by the press, can be caused by its development taking longer than planned. Most software products are not released on time...

...Fixing errors in software, for example, can make up a significant portion of its development time,[7'] and developers are motivated not to release software with errors because it could damage their reputation with customers.[7] Last-minute design changes are also common

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

Draft is done and ready in Tumblr. Just waiting on some folks to review it.
Edited by smasht_AU

Not sure if anybody saw it but Rocket said the SA will be out before the end of March, because he's going to Everest April 1st.

He better not die from lack of oxygen, I want constant updates by Rocket himself :D