griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

So who's going to make a post on here when the SA is released? I don't know where else to check besides this website.

Rocket obvious will post on announcements and you can just search on steam: DayZ

Edit: I openned my steam here, the promotions will end now on January 7th... Hope the SA comes out!

Edited by zombie123

Edit: I openned my steam here, the promotions will end now on January 7th... Hope the SA comes out!

Technically, the steam sales has ended, all this is just a re-posting or re-selling of products that were on sale when the Steam sales were on. An encore is a re-acting of the previous/finishing act, nothing new.

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

Steam always has stuff on sale. there's just more stuff during these seasonal sales

I don't think the Steam sale has anything to do with it. More that the WarZ has fucked up the open world Zombie Genre and that more bugs have to be fixed or else idiots will continue saying its the WarZ 2.0 or something.

The minecraft model was a good thing until WarZ decided to fuck it all up.

I would like to hear more about what exactly he has added into the SA, and what he plans on adding, these discussion threads go on and on about WHAT to put in, why not cut to the chase and tell them? Im sure you and your team has heard the majority of the main stream suggestions and are still weighing some of them, but include the ones that are definatly being added so we can get a better understanding of what to expect.

BIS want to sell more units of Arma 2 on this sale, like I and many people said on this thread... It was delayed because It was'nt good enough for Rocket and his team, but I'm pretty sure that there is a hand of BIS on It.

Obviously BI has a hand on it, they are developing DayZ together with Rocket. Don't have anything to do with Steam sales, just wasn't ready for release and with the whole WarZ clusterfuck, what would DayZ gain from a rushed and bugged release?

I would like to hear more about what exactly he has added into the SA, and what he plans on adding, these discussion threads go on and on about WHAT to put in, why not cut to the chase and tell them? Im sure you and your team has heard the majority of the main stream suggestions and are still weighing some of them, but include the ones that are definatly being added so we can get a better understanding of what to expect.

They can't, because Sergei Titov is standing ready to rip off any idea Rocket releases and announce it as his own.

It would have gained some good testing reports (Like early Minecraft versions) However like you said the WarZ clusterfuck would cause so many to compare it and what was meant as a early testing relationship with customers would only lead to damage to the companies reputation. Yes folks. The WarZ fuckup has done THAT much damage to the genre.

So BI gets to spend more development funds and time hunting for bugs that was previously slated to be handled by the community (The exchange being a nice low price for the help) The minecraft model is therefore mostly destroyed and time between builds for players will have to sadly grow.

In my opinion the best thing to happen is a low bug initial SA version. Don't give Titov any chance to recover by pointing out DayZ flaws or bugs. Destroy them in the market so that the minecraft model isnt forever gone.

When can Rocket give us some info? This month?

Read above. He can let us know development continues and explain the silence. Yet the days of him showing off features a month or more before they are out are over thanks to the WarZ.

Edited by Zachstar

Obviously BI has a hand on it, they are developing DayZ together with Rocket. Don't have anything to do with Steam sales, just wasn't ready for release and with the whole WarZ clusterfuck, what would DayZ gain from a rushed and bugged release?

They can't, because Sergei Titov is standing ready to rip off any idea Rocket releases and announce it as his own.

If sergei was smart enough he would have to look no further than these forums, the same ideas are repeated over and over in the threads and stand out among others, and if rocket is truelly listening to his fans than common sense says they will be added to the game. Warz is fucked, they know it, we know it. They will never be able to achieve any of these aspects with their shitty war inc engine. Rocket has no reason to be afraid of warz, letting us paint an image of what the final product(SA) will be would put many of our minds at rest.

• Like 1

I just think Rocket is tired of handing over free ideas to WarZ, even though they are fucking them up as fast as they can. Rocket chose the term "foundation build" trying to define, what the initial release of DayZ would be like. Something beyond a mere alpha/beta, something that would a game ready to play, but still offered room for future features and upgrades. WarZ smacked the word "foundation build" on top of their alpha and released a mockery of a game, pretty much destroying the whole idea of a "foundation build."

So while they never were a true competitor or a threat to DayZ, their sheer incompetence can still hurt DayZ.

Edited by Dallas

I can't agree more. I bought the game (on my CC) because I has some suspicions about the whole thing. I just got my refund last week. That guy Titov is without a doubt the most shameless scam artist that I have ever encountered. When he started calling War Z's release foundation, I thought- where did he come up with that? It didn't take me long to find out. I am not bothered by developers using some ideas from other games and improving them and then adding their own flair. However, the DayZ mod is much better than WarZ. WarZ broke every aspect of DayZ that they copied. Everything about War Z is a cash grab plain and simple. When the standalone comes out, that game dies. A Metacritic score of 1.2?? lol- and WarZ deserves it in every respect. If I were Hall, I wouldn't say anything until launch. Hammerpoint is shameless and a bunch of crooks.

Edited by nuclear
  • Like 1

Gotta admit, not so excited anymore then I was 1-2 weeks ago.

Still, going to get it tough, just saying.

Edited by Vincenzo

I see not the time to play the Standalone dayz!

I stopped playing the mod, now waiting to Standalone!

I pray every day for a manifestation of SA!

Standalone Comeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:beans: :beans: :beans:

• Like 1

Gotta admit, not so excited anymore then I was 1-2 weeks ago.

Still, going to get it tough, just saying.

Thank WarZ and Titov for that.

Thank WarZ and Titov for that.

Yup. Will come good.

Why not Vincenzo?

Because I hoped I could play it the whole holiday, now it's over and I'm kinda meh..

Dunno.. will see when it finally comes, I know it was shitty bullshit lately, still getting it but not so excited anymore

Edited by Vincenzo

i know the release of the SA is confirmed but does anyone have any idea of how soon? i want to play again but dont wanna install the mod if the SA will be along shortly ...

ZOMBIE_HUMPER

Edited by ZOMBIE_HUMPER