rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

Game is still just too damn easy with this patch. What we need is to spawn naked and bleeding with broken legs, with a couple dozen zeds after us. That would be much more realistic. All this running around with a flashlight just gives too much of an edge to the players.

Sure now the zombies can see you from almost any distance, regardless of if your prone or crouching at all, and they can re-spawn instantly in vast numbers, and they hit much harder-but come on, you have bandages, painkillers AND a flashlight! Too easy.

Maybe I'm just too hardcore for this mod.

Any information given if there's a fix for the "spawn in the sea when putting clothes on" - bug?

I also want to know this' date=' found a guilly suit.. and i dont dare to put it on :) THis game makes me happy, you now must think twice before you loose a shot middle of a town, hehe

[hr']

Can only join servers will 1.7.0 with 1.7.1 but i cant join 1.7.1 it only says bad version....

Also updated to latest ARMA-BETA?

Updating ARMA:

Go to: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Get latest patch' date=' install it.

The rest, use this tool:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5797

It will update the Dayz-mod automatic.

Now you can play, have fun!

[/quote']

hmm the first link sais updating to 1.60 ><

and six updater i already have and have used this morning but i still cant join any of the servers with the new patch running as it sais i have the wrong version server rejected connection so six updater obviously aint working for me . and as for the first link i have no idea why is sais 1.60 im using the link at top of page for latest patch ><

anyways a funny story. i spawned in next to a town saw a big building ran into it scavenged a couple chem lights and other little goodies crouched in a corner behind some boxes because i had to take a piss and when i came back there was a guy trying to go through my pack. so i turn around to see what was going on and the took off out the building and immediately had 5 zombies chasing him so he ran into a little shack with windows and he couldnt get the door closed in time and all i see are these zombies pounding away at this guy' date=' karma is a bitch :)

[/quote']

Haha, nice. I'm honestly surprised he didn't just shoot you. Maybe he thought you were one of those bodies that sometimes are standing even though they're dead.

no he knew i was alive he must of followed me from my spawn point he must of saw me just crouching there doing nothing and knew i was AFK

Half? Where you get this info from?

A slight exaggeration to get my point across but read all the problems the new patch has caused.

* [FIXED] Tent placement is completely screwed (now can place anywhere except in building)

This is not working for me, can not place a tent anywhere (roads, woods or open grasslands). :huh: I found the tent before update, if that is of any relevance.

Btw, thumbs up for improved zombie behaviour, feels more real now.

The first person view of the new double barrel shotgun is "off". The barrel tilts way too much down, can't tell where it is aiming. Doesn't have a similar graphic like the others.

Also noticed if I remove the flashlight, it also empties the surrounding items, such as bandages and handgun clips.

I love the new zed behaviors. I was in a grocery store, when a heli flew overhead. The whole town started screaming and chasing the heli's sound, near the store I was in...lol. It was nuts, was like a scene out of a movie lol!

I think their detection range is a tad bit too much, but I'm learning and adapting to it. Thanks for the fun!

I got in fine. Have the latest beta patch installed, and used Six Updater for the Dayz update.

Gave the zombies a try. Its definitely a challenge. The amount of effort to get into a town has significantly increased, thus meaning more worries about other players spotting me.

One spotted me from a distance (LoS), but after judging that distance (and dropping him of a steep hill), I could slowly make my way into the town and into a building after eluding 3/4 zombies. Kept my distance from the walls, they walked past the house, couldn't see me.

Im gonna say its very hard atm, but ill manage. FPS seems to be improved if anything. Not very noticeable and runs good as it did for me on 1.7.0.

The vast majority of us seem to want this game to be more of a challenge and, on paper, this update is a great step in the right direction.

The zombies in 1.7.0 were one of the few weak point of the game to date - half-blind, low in number, and with odd movement and animations that broke immersion, they were easy to avoid. Making strafing crouch runs and staying just outside their detection radius worked a treat, and crouch walk when close. Too easy. Undoubtedly a huge part of why the game previously could seem more of a PvP FPS game with zombies than proper zombie apocalypse survival with PvP.

However, the new zombie senses go beyond merely adding more difficulty, and instead veer sharply towards leaving a player feeling cheated. And in my opinion, that's one thing a game (and this is a game, like it or not) should never do... few things piss off a player more than the game seeming to screwing them over beyond their control.

The zombies in 1.7.1 aggro with a ridiculous sensitivity at times. A couple of examples, I was crouch walking inside a building, on the second floor, yet somehow that was enough to send two inside and up after me. Another time, a zombie sensed me through a hill/mound, despite me completely out of its line of sight. And this despite me playing more cautiously/stealthily that before, due to knowing the intended changes.

I'm sure I could adapt, but the point remains the same - these zombies seem to have senses far beyond what reasonable. Yes, they're more challenging, but not in a good way. They're challenging because they can spot you through walls and terrain, and you have practically no way of getting half-way close to them, of being sneaky, stealthy, unless you give them the widest berth.

If this could be adjusted again, fuck, tonight's update is amazing. No starting weapon, water or food gets a huge thumbs up from me. And I was really excited about more dangerous zombies (they definitely should do more damage, spawn in greater numbers, etc). It's literally just the zombie super senses/sensitivity that can practically cheat a player.

What a bunch of whiners. Holy shit. Don't like the changes? Leave. Simple as that. I've been on DayZ for over a month and have been a part of almost all the major changes and ya know what I do? I deal with it. Yes, some of the changes have upped the difficulty, but I fucking love the fact that it's not a walk in the park anymore. For the last 3 weeks or so, it's been entirely too easy, and as a result it became a MP deathmatch. The zombies have become a threat in a major way now, and that is the way it should be. Sorry to burst your bubbles guys. This may not be the game for you.

Am i the only one with around 5 fps? Its totally unplayable and is there anyway i can fix this issue?

zombie damage too high

zombie's eyes now see forever.

rape: imminent

Starter gear limited; horrid with the other changes concerning damage increase and no way of sneaking past zombies.

the combination is HORRIBLE

Some of you just don't get it, do you? It's another alpha-build, where rocket is testing how some things work or do not work, it's released and applied to the testing horde called 'players', they share their opinions about the current release and then rocket and his team make the decisions how to proceed. It's not written anywhere that the current way the zombies are, with their detection range for example, stays as it is. Everything is permanently subject to change.

Just enjoy being part of the project, it may turn into something real good, but to find a somewhat close to perfect balance it may always go from very easy to impossible hard from build to build.

Also, losing gear, who cares? You may find it again, or maybe not, or mabye even better. Until then: train your sneaking skills with the current zedcalypse. And after you've looted a deerstand in bright daylight without any zed noticing you were there: congratulations, you've won a very small part of the game!

What a bunch of whiners. Holy shit. Don't like the changes? Leave. Simple as that. I've been on DayZ for over a month and have been a part of almost all the major changes and ya know what I do? I deal with it. Yes' date=' some of the changes have upped the difficulty, but I fucking love the fact that it's not a walk in the park anymore. For the last 3 weeks or so, it's been entirely too easy, and as a result it became a MP deathmatch. The zombies have become a threat in a major way now, and that is the way it should be. Sorry to burst your bubbles guys. This may not be the game for you.

[/quote']

Yeah that's smart, tell the people to stop playing the game, if everyone left there wouldn't be any point in making the mod.

Just because you like the increased difficulty doesn't mean everyone does.

Some of you just don't get it' date=' do you? It's another alpha-build, where rocket is testing how some things work or do not work, it's released and applied to the testing horde called 'players', they share their opinions about the current release and then rocket and his team make the decisions how to proceed[/quote']

That's why games have beta/test servers, don't roll out updates to every server and then see what happens.

What a bunch of whiners. Holy shit. Don't like the changes? Leave. Simple as that. I've been on DayZ for over a month and have been a part of almost all the major changes and ya know what I do? I deal with it. Yes' date=' some of the changes have upped the difficulty, but I fucking love the fact that it's not a walk in the park anymore. For the last 3 weeks or so, it's been entirely too easy, and as a result it became a MP deathmatch. The zombies have become a threat in a major way now, and that is the way it should be. Sorry to burst your bubbles guys. This may not be the game for you.

[/quote']

That's all well and good mate, but the fact is, the zombies are bugged/broken beyond belief right now, the changes to zombie difficulty are completely ruined by the fact that the LoS/Walls changes aren't working at all.

You will change your tune when you die next.

What a bunch of whiners. Holy shit. Don't like the changes? Leave. Simple as that.

Very flawed logic. If nobody would ever complain and simply just leave the game, Rocket would be left wondering why most of his players disappeared.

As in business, a complaining customer is valuable to the company because they'll know where to improve.

The game became a survival horror again. I like all the changes. However, there are some valid points raised here - there are parts of zombie behaviour that are just due to bugs - like Brute Forsyth said a couple of posts above - and I agree with him, although I haven't yet experienced stuff like that.

Calling people idiots and whiners because they bring attention to the buggy zombie behaviour is a prime example of idiocy that you are accusing someone else of. Zeds should do what the designers want them to do - no more and no less. Any bugs resulting in errant behaviour should be reported and dealt with. This is an alpha, so whining and complaining about features/bugs is part of the deal - if 9 out of 10 people would complain zeds are too hard, then maybe it needs adjusting.

Because in the end, rocket himself decides on the direction he wants to take. He might take into account other people's opinions or not - entirely up to him, since it's his work. If he wants to add rainbow riding unicorns with RPG's then that's what he will do. And all you idiots telling other people to "stop whining or go play something else" will then become whiners themselves, complaining about how DayZ has gone to shit. So go fashion your online macho pretense somewhere else and stick to constructive feedback, since that's what this thread is about.

It's another alpha-build' date=' where rocket is testing how some things work or do not work

[/quote']

How i can test if i cant play versus zombies? They see me everywhere, but i'm w/o handgun.

And latest bug: z-s spawns into warehouse and don't walk

[/quote']

I'm not one to complain and I really do like 99% of the changes. Even the zombie sight and damage. I really do think the game should be very difficult.

But to play in a game that has no way of dealing damage aside from firearms, and spawning with no weapons, is a bit too much. Although I don't think it should be reverted to the way it was. I'd like to see you start with a Markarov and 1 clip, by that I mean you start with only the gun and the rounds that are in it, no extra.. Then at least you can deal with 1-3 zombies and you won't have to respawn basically every time a zombie spots you.

We also need to think about new players to the game. I just started playing this a few days ago and am relatively familiar with it at this point, so even with no weapon I have some chance. But someone who first started will basically have to do nothing but die for 5-10 hours of gameplay to even get good enough to sneak past EVERY zombie.

Oh and on a side note, it still is a multiplayer deathmatch, the only difference is, the people that were doing most of the killing before have a much larger advantage.

It's another alpha-build' date=' where rocket is testing how some things work or do not work

[/quote']

How i can test if i cant play versus zombies? They see me everywhere, but i'm w/o handgun.

And latest bug: z-s spawns into warehouse and don't walk

Try hiding from them?

What a bunch of whiners. Holy shit. Don't like the changes? Leave. Simple as that.

Very flawed logic. If nobody would ever complain and simply just leave the game' date=' Rocket would be left wondering why most of his players disappeared.

As in business, a complaining customer is valuable to the company because they'll know where to improve.

[/quote']

It's possible to please everyone