rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

just one question: the thing with constant spawning of zombies at the deer stands is a bug, not a feature right? hope so, because it is quite annoying..

don't know if anywhere else they are spawning like that, but it is really bad, if you want to loot a deer stand and expect 3 zeds and shooting 3 mp5 mags and killing 20 and then have to pullback...

I reckon it would have been better to have regular servers spawn you with full gear as before' date=' but maybe missing some supplies on Veteran and then only getting bandage, painkillers and flashlight on hardcore servers.

Spacing out the gear based on server difficulty level seems more fair. I'm not a bitch who can't handle hard games, I know DayZ is supposed to be a constant kick in the nuts, but I think my suggestion evens it out for all players, rather than make it unplayable for lots of people.

Please with all the zombie fixes and that tents are placeable now!

[/quote']

Well then people will spawn on regular server and connect on hardcore server to be god-like.

This was horrible update. Absolutely horrible.

Yesterday I played one of the BEST ZOMBIE HORROR SURVIVAL GAMES, not too hard, not too easy.

Today, I come back to play really frustrating, really bastardly annoying and hard game, EVEN ON REGULAR.

I don´t know, but you went too far with the hard difficulty. I mean, I dont even anymore get pistol to start with. I have to crawl, CRAWL to get to deer stands and around zombies, and even that is not quaranteed way to get 30-50m pass the zombies. IT TAKES SO MUCH TIME.

THIS IS NOT ENJOYABLE ANYMORE.

I do not like this. AT ALL.

bring back the DAYZ that was yesterday, bring down the difficulty, leave this hardcore BS to some hardcore gamers.

I just found a crashed helicopter, there is still no loot?

not enter into it or find anything to pick?

I can stop me? Or there is a thing to do?

Well iam unable to join a server so far, but everything i read here doesnt make me wanna play anymore! I hope that gets fixed, i really thought i found the game i was searching the last couple years! :<

I bought ARMA2 just a couple a days ago, only for that! :/

When i logged in, 8 fps from previous 100-120 fps.

So I logged into servers and was invisible, then logged into servers and was sat in a field with a bunch of corpses, then logged in and was in a forest I don't recognize. Have I just been unlucky or are all the working 1.7.1 servers hacked/broken?

When i logged in' date=' 8 fps from previous 100-120 fps.

[/quote']

You also running NASA?

Well iam unable to join a server so far' date=' but everything i read here doesnt make me wanna play anymore! I hope that gets fixed, i really thought i found the game i was searching the last couple years! :<

I bought ARMA2 just a couple a days ago, only for that! :/

[/quote']

Don't be stupid. The mod isn't finished, you knew what you were getting into.

Also, ArmA 2 is a cool game. Maybe play that for a while and come back to DayZ at some point if you're so scared you're gonna get a heart attack or whatever else it is that makes you so reluctant to try this patch.

After reading all the doom and gloom reports in this thread of superhuman omniscient zombies spawning relentlessly my buddies and I were a bit unsure about jumping in. Honestly its not that different (this is on a full veteran server running the arma 2 OA beta also) to what it was before. There were probably only two incidents where we were spotted where we wouldn't have been. One a zombie saw me when I snuck out of a church, he was around the corner which was a bit weird. Then the next was a zombie which saw me while I was prone from about 50 metres away in broad daylight prompting me to run like a bastard while pissing blood with my mates laughter in my ears till I could turn around and shoot the fuckers and patch myself up. Bit stressful. I'm very keen to see whether you can in fact lose a zombie, but the practical fact is that most of the walkers move so fast when they're aggro that losing them isn't really a practical reality.

Apart from that, gear spawns seem good and better balanced, though a southern barracks raid on the airfield in the NW didn't produce much. The ammo recombining is great though, just got a mate to give me a DMR mag which lo and behold became 4 mags for my new m24. WIN! :)

Holy super zombies batman!!

After all these changes to zombie behavior Rocket should rename the game to 'CrawlZ'

And at least the zombies arms should be redesigned to look way longer if they can hit you from two meters away.

This was horrible update. Absolutely horrible.

Yesterday I played one of the BEST ZOMBIE HORROR SURVIVAL GAMES' date=' not too hard, not too easy.

Today, I come back to play really frustrating, really bastardly annoying and hard game, EVEN ON REGULAR.

I don´t know, but you went too far with the hard difficulty. I mean, I dont even anymore get pistol to start with. I have to crawl, CRAWL to get to deer stands and around zombies, and even that is not quaranteed way to get 30-50m pass the zombies. IT TAKES SO MUCH TIME.

THIS IS NOT ENJOYABLE ANYMORE.

I do not like this. AT ALL.

bring back the DAYZ that was yesterday, bring down the difficulty, leave this hardcore BS to some hardcore gamers.

[/quote']

Before it was way too easy, except enemy players there was no risk. I haven't played on 1.7.1 but I heard zombies are a bit buggued. Otherwise, love the difficulty, it's the thing that makes the success far more enjoyable (and if you don't like difficulty, you should perhaps try mods from another game than Arma 2).

Before it was way too easy' date=' except enemy players there was no risk. I haven't played on 1.7.1 but I heard zombies are a bit buggued. Otherwise, love the difficulty, it's the thing that makes the success far more enjoyable (and if you don't like difficulty, you should perhaps try mods from another game than Arma 2).

[/quote']

Before it was just right. Now it´s just one b*h to play. Now there´s far too much failure and far too little success to enjoy this mod.

I am really sad to see that this dayz mod seems to become some sort of hardcore game. they should have made this difficulty only for veteran difficulty.

The dev team have always said this is going to be a bitch of a game, the anti-game as it were.

Don't know whats up with my visibility but when I'm prone I have 1 eye sight and if I crouch I might as well be running full speed visibility and sound. Can't sneak at all with 1 visibility. It appears to be caused by alt-tabbing the game.

Deer stands keep spawning zombies like crazy too.

Before it was just right. Now it´s just one b*h to play. Now there´s far too much failure and far too little success to enjoy this mod.

I am really sad to see that this dayz mod seems to become some sort of hardcore game. they should have made this difficulty only for veteran difficulty.

Before it was too easy, the only fun I was getting was by doing runs in crowded cities or running on the NW airport with an ATV.

I mean, I know the mod wanted to be ultra hardcore and I found it easy compared to my expectations. And more difficulty should reduce the deathmatching part (but still give room to our loved bandits :) ).

It's my opinion, but the game was meant to be hard.

I think right now the issue is the broken respawning. Further evaluation can be made once that is fixed.

What a bunch of whiners. Holy shit. Don't like the changes? Leave. Simple as that. I've been on DayZ for over a month and have been a part of almost all the major changes and ya know what I do? I deal with it. Yes' date=' some of the changes have upped the difficulty, but I fucking love the fact that it's not a walk in the park anymore. For the last 3 weeks or so, it's been entirely too easy, and as a result it became a MP deathmatch. The zombies have become a threat in a major way now, and that is the way it should be. Sorry to burst your bubbles guys. This may not be the game for you.

[/quote']

That's all well and good mate, but the fact is, the zombies are bugged/broken beyond belief right now, the changes to zombie difficulty are completely ruined by the fact that the LoS/Walls changes aren't working at all.

You will change your tune when you die next.

I've died 3 times tonight. Every single time from Zed. I'm not some god player who is a beast at this game by any means. It's just that people don't know how to lodge a concern without coming out as sound like self entitled asshats. From Day 1 this was billed as an "anti-game". Perma death. If you die, you are dead, ya start again. Now I'm not against the complaints in that they aren't unwarranted, but when people are saying it went from best thing ever to worst they have no grounds to stand on. There were plenty problems before this update, and there are more since. This mod was not the best game ever before as it has a shit load if work/tuning left to be done. There is no single thing in this game that is solid, it's a sum of its parts. Still too many whiners, there is a way to vocalize your opinion in a constructive way that contributes to further development.

Zombie damage is fine, agro could use some tuning. There is an annoying glitch when you pick up utility items, everyone knows you can sorta still be hit through walls, zombie respawned aggroed quite a bit, there is a way to dupe items which that is pretty easy to do which I will not share with players, there are no melee weapons, LoS need tweaking, it works, just not that well, item respawn rate is incredibly fast, my point is there are a lot of issues that I've encountered since the update, I'm not here to bitch on this forum about them, but simply to inform the devs of maybe how there intentions aren't being implemented the way they planned.

Guys, I keep spawning in the debug forest thingy, what do i do?

Also I see no debug moniter.

This mod is about dropping preconceived notions. These people will laugh at you for expecting game balancing, but yeah... Once people are 'on top,' so to speak, they cling to their gear like a WoW fanatic in top level PvP shit.

You know, people have been saying, 'It's alpha' for so long, but I don't think people really HEAR WHAT THAT MEANS.

If you dislike something in the new patch, dispassionately explain, so that rocket can have some fucking feedback.

Don't editorialize. Nobody wants to hear your editorializing that people will leave the game... You know, if someone leaves at this point? GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE. The game is in development. In my opinion, it would be better off CLOSED with about 150-200 people who understand what it is, not a bunch of people who want a free AAA release title and act like it at every goddamned turn.

You WILL DIE. You WILL RESTART with nothing. I love my bits of stuff, too. I do. But these days, when I die, I realize one of several things:

1. I died legitimately. I fucked up. I deserve to die.

2. Another player got the drop on me. Very similar to #1.

3. I died from a bug. Has it been explicated in the forums? Then I move on.

4. I died from a change in a new patch. Has it been explicated? Then I move on.

Otherwise, make sure the feedback is constructive, not repetitive and have a good time.

What's so fucking difficult? This is not a released, major studio game. the feedback needed is what seems to be working and not working, not your assessment of the future business model, or your ignorant foggy headed number crunching about how many players will leave.

/rant

Don't know whats up with my visibility but when I'm prone I have 1 eye sight and if I crouch I might as well be running full speed visibility and sound. Can't sneak at all with 1 visibility.

Deer stands keep spawning zombies like crazy too.

welcome to 1.7.1

aint it fu*ng lovely? I freaking bought arma 2 and OA for this, got to play it for day and half with my friend, then this patch comes and ruines it, at least for me. Don´t know about those hardcore junkies that love to get killed over and over again.

Well then people will spawn on regular server and connect on hardcore server to be god-like.

You either completely lock a character to one difficulty, or simply stop them from being able to do that or delete appropriate gear when they log in, if they've spawned in regular, then immediately reconnected on to a vet/hardcore server.

It's another alpha-build' date=' where rocket is testing how some things work or do not work

[/quote']

How i can test if i cant play versus zombies? They see me everywhere, but i'm w/o handgun.

And latest bug: z-s spawns into warehouse and don't walk

Try hiding from them?

THEY SEE EVERYWHERE! THEY RUN! AND SEE

This...... They fucking see even when im crouching. Can't get past anything.