rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

There was nothing wrong with the zombies in 1.7.0 other than the fact that they could see and walk through walls.

It was stupid-easy to avoid the 1.7.0 zombies. I could kit out my character with a new backpack, assault rifle, new pistol, plenty of ammo, etc, and often not have a kill a single zombie.

Part of what made this game such a "kill on sight shooter (with zombies)" rather than a "Zombie Apocalypse Survival Game" was that you could pretty much just ignore the zombies.

I'm not really sure what are you all complaining. You can actually close the doors without Zs going through, you can escape from them. I fired AK-47 in the middle of the village without the entire horde going at me, but only a few of them. I have yet to test Lee Enfield.

Wow you guys are fast. Rocket wait for me, ive been waiting to get my solid snake sneaking mode on. lets see how much brain these zombies have left

After installing 1.7.1 patch many people got really annoying fps lags :( (from 50 to 7-10)

i like the old zombies :(

Problem, as Rocket mentioned, is that the spawner is broken. I experienced the deer stand too. Expected the usual 3, ended up with around 18...

Later I fired a shot in Cherno and ended up disconnecting in a building with what looked like around 30 zombies coming up after me.

I was really glad to see that "Zs spawn 30m from you" but then I heared something move behind me XD

Why do you idiots always assume that if someone doesn't like the difficulty then they must like 'easy mode'' date=' this mod goes from one extreme to the other, its either easy or ridiculously hard.

There was nothing wrong with the zombies in 1.7.0 other than the fact that they could see and walk through walls.

[/quote']

Exactly my point, you can't sit there and say "bring it game", all you can say is "oh noes, difficulty!!! Uninstall!!!". Not much more else to say. The point of this game is to be hard, "bugs" or not.

I like the zombies hitting harder and the fact you can 'hide' from them, but right now the game is borderline unplayable because of the issues with Zombie LoS and attacking through walls, which was the entire point of increasing how hard they hit and how far they can see you in the first place wasn't it?

Is there plans to address this in a hot patch very soon? If not I feel the playerbase is going to go downhill very quickly. :(

I'm not really sure what are you all complaining. You can actually close the doors without Zs going through' date=' you can escape from them. I fired AK-47 in the middle of the village without the entire horde going at me, but only a few of them. I have yet to test Lee Enfield.

[/quote']

Wrong! Zombies see you throug the wall AND can open doors.

How are you guys talking about this stuff? I can't even get out of the forest i spawn in, let alone find any zombies. I've been bleeding for ages now, but can't bandage myself since right clicking in the inventory doesn't work anymore. I can't even tell how much blood I have left since the debug stats are completely gone, I cant use 3rd person view. I get significant lag now and see people in the chat constantly asking why they keep spawning in the ocean. Is there some secret to getting this update to work as intended? If so, please share.

And where do I go to get server.pbo? I'm lost, once again, with no information on where to get some of the files needed for my server.

It was stupid-easy to avoid the 1.7.0 zombies. I could kit out my character with a new backpack' date=' assault rifle, new pistol, plenty of ammo, etc, and often not have a kill a single zombie.

Part of what made this game such a "kill on sight shooter (with zombies)" rather than a "Zombie Apocalypse Survival Game" was that you could pretty much just ignore the zombies.

[/quote']

Wrong wrong wrong, and you couldn't be more wrong. Tired of people complaining about shoot on sight. The game became a shoot on sight because you are playing with other PEOPLE. If someone has something to gain from shooting another. They are going to do it. Even with the patch I still have a shoot on sight policy. I can handle the zombies, but other players are to much of a risk that I have no care of taking my chances with.

Why...why cant I shoot both barrels of the double barrel shotgun? And it has the same sound effect as the Winchester. Im saddened by this =( I hope in 1.7.2 it gets its on sounds. Maybe something with a little more...punch?

It was stupid-easy to avoid the 1.7.0 zombies. I could kit out my character with a new backpack' date=' assault rifle, new pistol, plenty of ammo, etc, and often not have a kill a single zombie.

[/quote']

Wrong wrong wrong, and you couldn't be more wrong. Tired of people complaining about shoot on sight. The game became a shoot on sight because you are playing with other PEOPLE. If someone has something to gain from shooting another. They are going to do it. Even with the patch I still have a shoot on sight policy. I can handle the zombies, but other players are to much of a risk that I have no care of taking my chances with.

Indeed, 1.5.0 hardly had any shoot on sight people and I really enjoyed it.

it think the zombie changes should've come in two steps. first fix the seeing and hitting through walls, and once that was fixed, increase range and dmg.

now we have zeds who do much more dmg and can still hit through walls...

im not riding his ass its just turned a little bit too fast paced i like spawning without weapons and such theres just no more stealth mode just run through the zed infested field and lose them and then go back to the barn and pick up your loot. i found it more fun on the last patch (zombie wise)

by reading some of the post my only issue is the zombie spawner which can be fixed every other aspect of the game is awesome ive been playing it for a solid 12 hours today before installing the patch and maybe 3 hours with the patch

Fuck yeah now this is what i call a zombie apocalypse! People needing to survive not just killing for the hell of it!

The day of the bandit killing a noob for beans is over. Find your own goddamn beans!!

Fuck yeah now this is what i call a zombie apocalypse! People needing to survive not just killing for the hell of it!

The day of the bandit killing a noob for beans is over. Find your own goddamn beans!!

How is the day of bandit killing noobs over?

A bandit is more likely to have a weapon and noobs spawn without a weapon so are powerless to do anything about bandits who camp spawns.

This patch IMO fucked the game... why would you make it harder than it already is? and to start without a gun ... what the fuck? The zombies already had a very good line of sight in the last patch. Taking your time sneaking around town was fun AND DO ABLE. This is just shit now. Even when i'm walking slow and crouched I have 3 bars of sight? Zombies still see thru shit and they see me long before i see them. I really liked the line of sight the zombies had in the last version. I don't see why you had to make it harder in anyway. If you cut out the food and water and maybe gave just one clip with the gun then fine but what the fuck man... games are for fun not to have me angry and yelling at a fucking screen. I feel as if I have to disconect everytime i see a single zombie.