Sign in to follow this  
Candylol

how did dayz or arma2 get Russian

all in the title

why is all the signs in Russia instead of English and why is dayz forums have a Russian forums too

Edited by Candylol

I bet he thinks Chernarus is supposed to be in America and not in a Post-Soviet area. A lot of Americans/Australians wonder why the signs arent in English, even though everything about the map screams "Not English"

Edited by Eegore

What??

Seconded.

Here, let me use my translator:

"Why is it that the maps in DayZ, as well as the location in the bottom-left corner of you screen when you spawn is written in Russian? As in, why are they Russian names?"

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

"Why is it that the maps in DayZ, as well as the location in the bottom-left corner of you screen when you spawn is written in Russian? As in, why are they Russian names?"

Hmmm thank you kind sir...

Simple answer, Chernaus is an Ex-Soviet state.....

Thank you for the translation.

Edited by Tigger

One thing I always disliked about it being in Russian was the names on the (in-game) map are written in the standard english alphabet, but the road sings are all in the weird Russian characters.

Basically, whats on the sign, ain't on your map.

Edit: this... http://i.imgur.com/E6AYF.jpg

Edited by bad_mojo
  • Like 2

One thing I always disliked about it being in Russian was the names on the (in-game) map are written in the standard english alphabet, but the road sings are all in the weird Russian characters.

Basically, whats on the sign, ain't on your map.

Edit: this... http://i.imgur.com/E6AYF.jpg

Yeah that is nippy i have to agree, when i was starting out i had to use online maps and dayzdb.com/map to help me get about using place names, used to be such a laugh trying to say where you were by describing the characters on the sign....

Yeah that is nippy i have to agree, when i was starting out i had to use online maps and dayzdb.com/map to help me get about using place names, used to be such a laugh trying to say where you were by describing the characters on the sign....

That's exactly what I had to do. It took me a while to even realize those names weren't on the map.

Four-ep-whore-op-check = Chernogorsk :D

• Like 1

^^Lol yeah trying to describe a road sign on teamspeak: The sign reads reverse B, three, backwards N, a weird looking six ect.

I kind of liked it, it helped increase the confusion and disorientation, these days we don't even need a compass.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

Yeah tell me about it, Chernaus is now tattoo'd in my mind, i know where i am at all times and get to where i need to be without a map half the time... sad really haha!

I think most, if not all of the DayZ veterans are able to move around in Chernarus without a map because of the simple fact of HOW MUCH TIME we've spent on it.

I for sure don't even bother with a compass, and tend to pick up the Map just for the sake of picking it up, even if I don't need it.

I think most, if not all of the DayZ veterans are able to move around in Chernarus without a map because of the simple fact of HOW MUCH TIME we've spent on it.

I for sure don't even bother with a compass, and tend to pick up the Map just for the sake of picking it up, even if I don't need it.

Yeah that is so true i have to admit, i suppose we just pick these things up to fill the inventory, though matches... i will still kill for them!

• Like 1

^^Lol yeah trying to describe a road sign on teamspeak: The sign reads reverse B, three, backwards N, a weird looking six ect.

I kind of liked it, it helped increase the confusion and disorientation, these days we don't even need a compass.

Lol, yesterday I had to help a buddy of mine figure out where he was and it was just like that! Gave us a good laugh anyways ;)

Dayz made me want to learn russian.......I now own a russian for dummies book.

You my sir, will do a lot for games wont you. Not an insult, just you really want to be able to understand and do it all dont you

• Like 2

I bet he thinks Chernarus is supposed to be in America and not in a Post-Soviet area. A lot of Americans/Australians wonder why the signs arent in English, even though everything about the map screams "Not English"

Don't relate us to Americans. I haven't met a single Australian who's arrogant enough to ask this question.

Don't relate us to Americans. I haven't met a single Australian who's arrogant enough to ask this question.

Candylol

Survivor

• photo-thumb-126951.jpg?_r=1352890636
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 189 posts

• Location AUSTRALIA

Posted Today, 05:17 AM

all in the title

why is all the signs in Russia instead of English and why is dayz forums have a Russian forums too

Edited by Candylol, Today, 05:36 AM.

• Like 2

^^^^^^

#Winning

What an epic post on your half and what a fail post by Aussie

You my sir, will do a lot for games wont you. Not an insult, just you really want to be able to understand and do it all dont you

If Game devs spend months making a game, least i can do is spend a few months making sure I can understand the words in the game. I think thats the main reason i'll never play Japanese games because their language is fucking hard.

If Game devs spend months making a game, least i can do is spend a few months making sure I can understand the words in the game. I think thats the main reason i'll never play Japanese games because their language is fucking hard.

That is very true, that is very very true. Japanese- I agree that shit is HARD.

Play the Campaign, all the mysteries of life in Chernarus will unfold before your eyes.

I was playing Wasteland last night and someone asked "why aren't there any Zombies",,,unbelievable but true.