rocket

Build 1.7.3 Rolling Update

We're adding a couple of semi-official dayz vanilla and testing servers.

Keep an eye out for them under the tag "DayZ.nu" on serverlisting.

We'll mainly be testing new features, while also testing stability of current mod.

These servers are restarted quite often, each one has its own local hive.

They are run by community developers / contributors so, only a select few trusted admins for these.

• Like 2

No.

Why not?

I have DMR mag but I use M24 and handload the bullets to the camber?

A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine or cylinder of a firearm.

ps. I hate how this forum formats these posts when you copy and paste stuff in to them...

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

Gutted, looks like the L85 is coming out :-S I know people moan about it but if it weren't for the item duping it would've been a rare weapon and a damn nice find.

Those people that play to see their stats are playing the wrong game, clue is in the name: DEBUG menu

Why not?

I have DMR mag but I use M24 and handload the bullets to the camber?

I'm not sure how (or why) you are single feeding the M24 in DayZ, but that still doesn't make a magazine a "clip." A box with ammunition in it isn't a "clip." Just like my car isn't a closet if I have clothes in the back seat. You can call it whatever you want but it isn't the correct term and you look ignorant in front of anyone who knows anything about guns. Some people just let it slide, since the misuse of the term is so ubiquitous, some will recognize your inexperience and wish to educate you, and others will cease to talk to you. Someone was kind enough to point out your mistake, but you if you want to be obstinate have at it.

This is a clip. The name is derived from the fact that the cartridges are "clipped" together.

NAumx.jpg?1

This ought to help you out.

http://www.minutemanreview.com/2008/09/clip-vs-magazine-lesson-in-firearm.html

• Like 1

Private servers = paranoid/nazi/kids ... not all of them of course, but many of them.. to the point that sometime it's less annoying to be killed by a cheater than have to handle with these i_got_the_powa idiots.

What you got from the package (in my experience) is:

- You kill an admin or a friend of an admin or a friend of a friend of an admin: KICK + BAN > YOU MUST BE CHEAT!

- You find the <random vehicle> of the admin clan: KICK for <random reason>

- You are in the middle of nowhere: the admin clan will magically find you (server side cheating tools, like remote view etc.);

- Cheaters still there, and they are the worst ones: you won't see ppl teleporting, you'll only find the smart ESP guys, that is MUCH more frustrating (coz you may spend time to believe it is a fair battle, while in reality you had NO chance at all from the start);

- If you try to say something that the admin doesn't like, and you'll be bullied by them (admin ass lickers).

Now there's a 1% of those "private servers" with an adult admin: usually someone that doesn't even have clan, and that doesn't play much.. he's a passionate.. but go to find a server like this, then call me.

Plus this is not really the solution: i play with my team mates, but sometime external chaps joins our "club" everyday, i can't tell these "random chaps" to go to register on that unknow forum or whatever to play on a server for a couple of hours.

A problem exists, and the closed, locked, private servers aren't the solution.. it's like being locked in a small room, pretending to be "safe", while the war's exploding outside of your door.

What a load of crap, every single one of them can be done on a public server. And for your information, dwarden gave the spectate mod to public hives, so its running on them aswell as private. You are seriously deluded and no nothing at all about what your speaking about

What a load of crap, every single one of them can be done on a public server. And for your information, dwarden gave the spectate mod to public hives, so its running on them aswell as private. You are seriously deluded and no nothing at all about what your speaking about

True! Dwarden gave the admin tool to Faz who runs UK 25 official hive. It's is a pubic hive and with that tool the amount of hackers Faz has added to the community ban list is massive. To many people in this community have nothing better to do than moan, yet there are people actively trying to fight against hackers

True! Dwarden gave the admin tool to Faz who runs UK 25 official hive. It's is a pubic hive and with that tool the amount of hackers Faz has added to the community ban list is massive. To many people in this community have nothing better to do than moan, yet there are people actively trying to fight against hackers

Yeah it is on UK 25, but how exactly do you know this? Im curious as to how you know so much about our public server and Faz as i know your not UX, or are you :P

so.. no one can help me with my server.

im sad ;(

Hmm how are you going to get DayZ out there so that more people will know about it? Shouldn't you at least have a couple of youtube ads?

If the little numbers at the top right corner of your screen were the only reasons you were pulling the trigger, then you've been playing the game wrong, It's not their fault that you've been playing it like it's call of fucking duty. It's your fault, and yours alone. If this isn't the game you like, go find one that you do.

i did not ask for your opinion dude and i am no CoD player, like i said before they made it a stat tracking game from the beginning and now they rob us from it.

THATS MY PERSONEL OPPINION SO GO FUCK YOURSELFS!

Hmm how are you going to get DayZ out there so that more people will know about it? Shouldn't you at least have a couple of youtube ads?

It's fairly well known, but why bother advertising now when the SA isn't ready yet? By then, I'd assume reviewers and tech bloggers will be doing it for them.

I did not ask for your opinion dude, and I am no CoD player; like I said before, they made it a stat tracking game from the beginning and now they rob us of it.

THAT'S MY PERSONAL OPINION, SO GO FUCK YOURSELVES/YOURSELF!

Minor edits

You might consider playing CoD then, it's mostly about the stats.

I think most people regard a rant on a public forum as an invitation to discuss the matter. That said, your original post implied you were leaving; I didn't really believe it, but then you didn't respond to my reply. As I mentioned there, there's still statistics.

Nice one, Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to the community. :thumbsup:

snip.

lol, just teasing you out I know it isnt a right term... :D

Isnt is possible to single feed m24 when you pull the bolt back and insert the bullet to the chamber?

Edited by Zeppa

Isnt is possible to single feed m24 when you pull the bolt back and insert the bullet to the chamber?

Perhaps in real life, but not in ArmA without modding :P

• Like 1

It's fairly well known, but why bother advertising now when the SA isn't ready yet? By then, I'd assume reviewers and tech bloggers will be doing it for them.

You might consider playing CoD then, it's mostly about the stats.

I think most people regard a rant on a public forum as an invitation to discuss the matter. That said, your original post implied you were leaving; I didn't really believe it, but then you didn't respond to my reply. As I mentioned there, there's still statistics.

lol sorry for not responding but you are right, its still alpha and debugging is required it is what you can expect from a game in testing mode. but no CoD is not game for me lol.

but its kinda rewarding to see how many Z kills you have and bandit kills :)

did i say i was leaving? lol! no its the only game that atracts me to my PC these days.

sorry for my little rage but i hate it when i post my oppinions and i get bashed for it.

* [REMOVED] S1203_ambulance_EP1 Got replaced during testing to a hmmv class vehicle.

* [REMOVED] UH60_wreck_EP1.

* [REMOVED] HMMWV_Ambulance_CZ_DES_EP1 Removed due to its heal abilty.

* [REMOVED] UH60M_MEV_EP1 Removed due to its heal abilty.

Ugh... really? Now you're removing the ambulances and UH60M as well? Come on! If you're removing the Humvee Ambulance, at least add the S1203 Ambulance back in... And isn't there an alternative to the medivac helicopter (or is it possible to remove the healing ability)?

This patch was the best one yet, as it finally added more vehicles (especially helicopters), and now all we get is a two-seat littlebird... Please explore alternative air vehicles, as this is just such a shame and buzzkill. I'm tired of the Huey.

Edited by MarkvA

Since dat 1.7.3 update on my server, the tents are working finde ... BUT ... vehicles wont save anything except fuel. After restart, the whole inventory of the vehicle is gone. On all vehicles .... anyone else got that problem? This is serious.

I'm also having this problem, my server is the HFBservers, the only vehicles that save items are Ural and VS. I sent a ticket to them but they said it would be a problem in mod.

• Like 1

lol sorry for not responding but you are right, its still alpha and debugging is required it is what you can expect from a game in testing mode. but no CoD is not game for me lol.

but its kinda rewarding to see how many Z kills you have and bandit kills :)

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing my stats upon logging in, but I wouldn't want the game to tell me I killed someone while I'm playing; I like not knowing whether I got my assailant or prey unless I see him drop dead or track down his body (I don't want to have death messages either).

sorry for my little rage but i hate it when i post my oppinions and i get bashed for it.

Apology accepted ;)

Try to keep your rage under wraps; it tends to create more if it's expressed :)

did i say i was leaving?

I thought that was what you meant by:

my days in dayz are counted farewell!

Seems to me the 1.7.3 update isn't really an update. As an update would include fixes from the previous versions. This update, from what I can tell, is simply a DayZ Redux mod missing all the fixes from 1.7.2.5 and 1.7.2.6

Why? Could be just to make the mod community believe they are still working on the mod alongside the standalone, due to the fear that we're all going to leave for WarZ?

Personally I would have preferred a true update that included 1.7.2.6 fixes. The re-introduction of vehicle repair bug, humanity bug etc etc was a bit of a kick in the face to me, especially after they stated it was a HUGE collaboration effort.

No, I'm not about to rage quit, nor find another game to play. I like DayZ. I just think they perhaps need to be working on a single version, instead of compiling different versions into one 'fix'.

That said, I do believe they have realised what a botch this update was and the next one will actually be of high integrity.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I'm also having this problem, my server is the HFBservers, the only vehicles that save items are Ural and VS. I sent a ticket to them but they said it would be a problem in mod.

On my server, the Problem solved itself. Don´t know how and why ... but now vehicle saving works just fine.

Consider me trolled :-D

That whole "clip/magazine" thing is a huge pet peeve of mine. But yes you can single feed an M24/M40 (Remington 700). I had to do that at a tactical precision match once, before I got my detachable mag bottom metal for my stock. It was a PAIN IN THE ASS. If you're good (I'm not) it can be done quickly, but not nearly as easy or quick as loading up a 5 or 10 round mag, slapping it in, and manipulating the bolt. Gave me a lot of respect for Army snipers, as the original M24's had no detachable magazine, so they had no choice but to top load it. (You can load 4 into the internal magazine but you do it through the top... not fast at all).

• Like 1