rocket

Build 1.7.3 Rolling Update

NO more combat loggers? I can smell the rage aleady.

pheripheral dots are/were more than OP, they give you xray vision through objext, walls etc. I hope SA wont have these.

I can only imagine what kind of crying there would be if 3thperson+dots+hud would be removed! would be awesome!

• Like 1

While I think the original distances involved are fantastic and work great (they've been in use for a month on the DayZ Redux servers), we (the community team) have ultimately decided on more conservative values for DayZ Official. Next patch, the radius in which firing sets others into combat around you is being reduced from 70m to 30m, and the radius from bullet/object impact from 50m to 15m (although they're still subject to tweaking before next patch). So, there ya go ;) I yield to the fact that I always want to make DayZ even more frustrating and unforgiving than it already is, which seems to be way too far on that spectrum for some folks to cope with. I concede that for the general DayZ official mod, the proposed new conservative values make more sense.

I agree, especially with the first sentence. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is about being in combat mode. For those of us who never Alt-F4, this changes nothing -- I mean, is it really that important to log off immediately after killing a cow or throwing a tin can? If so, then you're probably up to no good. If not, just be patient; 30 seconds is a really short amount of time. Other than that, it affects absolutely nothing about the gameplay. I played for a few hours last night and hardly even noticed the combat system (although I would like to see it become an icon instead of that ugly text box).

Personally, 70m/50m seems perfectly reasonable to me, whereas 30m/15m is a mighty small radius... like, you could be holed up in the NWAF barracks with an all-out war raging all around you outside and still manage to log off. And if we're talking "irl it's like this and this" then I'd say that irl, if it's raining bullets anywhere within a 30m radius of my person, then I would certainly consider myself in combat (and mortal danger)!! :)

Edit: I understand that this system can potentially reveal other players within the radius. I suppose that's the big gripe here? I guess that can be fixed by tweaking the radius. At some point, silent kills would alert nearby players anyway, realistically. Oh and on another note, I don't buy the "big win for script kiddies" argument. I haven't encountered a single scriddie in weeks, but even if I did, Alt-F4 doesn't always save you. Cheaters need to be dealt with on a different level, and giving legit players the ability to log off instantly is not a viable anti-cheat strategy imo.

Edited by Bakst
  • Like 4

Just to those whom are complaining about "where is the anti hacks" update list. You're forgetting that making any change to do with preventing these "hacks" is one huge job. We're working on this as part of the community development. However its a huge co-ordination between all members of the community DevTeam and Staff.

We've got to test server load, client load, in-corporate it into BE etc.

So... to any trolls my reply: https://mlkshk.com/r/D00U

Edited by Inch
  • Like 1

So... to any trolls my reply: https://mlkshk.com/r/D00U

hahaha awesome. even tho i have no clue what a stacktrace is; i assume it's where you trace the stack :D

Edited by Bakst

Well, it's interesting that you can have mad zombies beating on you and you can still log out but if someone throws a can within 70 meters of you, you are in combat and can't.

Updated this morning to include Dogs -)

I've not been one to jump on this bandwagon, but it'll be nice to see something as obviously brand new as that. Nice one geez!

• Like 1

Very nice! How soon do you expect the next patch to be ready?

Edited by smasht_AU

If your dog dies you can gut it.

Oh yeah!

Ps. can I gut someone elses dog?

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

As you all will have seen, many people are complaining about this:

* [FIXED] Food can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.

* [FIXED] water can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.

The issue with this simply is a lack of explanation - In the change log it would definitely make sense to state a reason why something happened and why it was necessary to change it - this would stop many from complaining caused by improper understanding.

Another example where I would wish to read more information on is e.g. this:

* [uPDATED] ItemWire reduced from 0.06 to 0.01

* [uPDATED] PartEngine updated from 0.01 to 0.06

What does this mean? ItemWire may be connected to Wire Fence, PartEngine, mmm, maybe something with vehicle parts?

* [FIXED] Tents now are one click place.

And what does this mean? Maybe inventory space related? Or setting up a tent now works with one click? :huh:

* [uPDATED] Updated UI control bug.

Did you really "update" a bug? Huh? Wouldn't it make more sense to fix it? Oh, and what bug exactly?

Please more transparency and information in the change logs/patch notes :thumbsup:

Edited by wickedinsane
  • Like 2

* [FIXED] Food can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.

* [FIXED] water can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.

Also those two. Are ridiculousness. I don't have to have water in my bag to drink it. Same goes for food. I thought it was a good thing to be able to consume from outside the inventory. Plenty of great fixes but I don't get why these two and the "can't consume in car" fixes were added.

Also those two. Are ridiculousness. I don't have to have water in my bag to drink it. Same goes for food. I thought it was a good thing to be able to consume from outside the inventory. Plenty of great fixes but I don't get why these two and the "can't consume in car" fixes were added.

Because this was one of the main ways to dupe just about any consumable in the game, all it involved was placing items in your backpack, and doing things in the right order. You effectively only needed 1 cooked meat, and a can of a soda, and if you did it fast enough/enough times, you NEVER needed to worry about blood bags, starvations, dehydration, getting shot and being low on blood. Nope. Just keep duping that cooked meat till you're back to 12k blood and you're a walking terminator. :) Glad this is fixed. It's a minor inconvenience, which DayZ is about anyway. Inconveniencing us at every turn. The tradeoff is worth it. I know a lot of private hives had this issue fixed without the need for this, but this was the all around solution for the public hives as well.

• Like 2

Very nice! How soon do you expect the next patch to be ready?

It's best not to state a expected release date as something could go wrong which could hold it back.

• Like 1

Because this was one of the main ways to dupe just about any consumable in the game, all it involved was placing items in your backpack, and doing things in the right order. You effectively only needed 1 cooked meat, and a can of a soda, and if you did it fast enough/enough times, you NEVER needed to worry about blood bags, starvations, dehydration, getting shot and being low on blood. Nope. Just keep duping that cooked meat till you're back to 12k blood and you're a walking terminator. :) Glad this is fixed. It's a minor inconvenience, which DayZ is about anyway. Inconveniencing us at every turn. The tradeoff is worth it. I know a lot of private hives had this issue fixed without the need for this, but this was the all around solution for the public hives as well.

Yes, I do actually know the reason but I was just pointing out that more transparency and information would result in much less complains and posts; when you check you will find on every of the 14 pages at least someone who complains about this and then someone else explains it again and again and again ;)

Oh yeah!

Ps. can I gut someone elses dog?

I came to quote this but you beat me too it. You missed one important question. Can we eat it? I would assume so!

Then the next question (and far more important) can we use a dog steak to tame a wild dog? It's a closed cycle! You will never really 'loose' a dog. Brilliant work! Or for each dog i loose i will keep its steak as a memory of the times we had.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

1. Remove the log out penalty since hackers will now destroy legit players even more.

2. Add WHO killed who so people can track who is doing this hacking junk.

or just suck it up like everyone else has to

*caugh* alpha *caugh* standalone *caugh*caugh*

cool story anyways, does that sort of stuff happen everyday to you?

any secret setting i need to activate? like "Allow hacks [check]"

because i still seem to be missing out :(

FIXED] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle

I know this should apply to a pilot of a chopper but i can eat and drink a a vehicle right now in any position why not in dayz? makes no sense. i wont update due to this ONE and only thing. change cloths i can deal but i need to be able to eat while in a vehicle.

I know this should apply to a pilot of a chopper but i can eat and drink a a vehicle right now in any position why not in dayz? makes no sense. i wont update due to this ONE and only thing. change cloths i can deal but i need to be able to eat while in a vehicle.

Why is this such a big deal?

• Like 4

Does anyone else got missing vehicles? After 1st server restart i lost 2 cars and bike, after 2th restart i lost bike and 3th restart i lost new car.. usually after 1-2 reboots vehicles are at place, but no is 4th reboot and nothing... all these happened after this patch..

*AND IM SURE THAT NOBODY STEAL THOSE*

Edited by StarMan

It doesn't have anything to do with making sense. Here is the quote from the pending thread, page 7:

To everyone asking this question. This change was likely implemented for the same reason I implemented it in my mod. Consuming items inside of vehicles is buggy at best and can lead to duplication of itemsin certain situations. It is not a change meant to balance anything. It's a change to close off a duping exploit. That's it.

Link:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103211-pending-update-build-173-community-edition/page__st__120

• Like 1

always seems to double post at work, sorry folks

Edited by DrunkPunk

Just curious, because I haven't seen it anywhere else, but does anyone know when the changes from the Rolling Changelog for Community Builds thread is hitting? I'm sure I am being a huge noob here and missing it somewhere, but I like the sound of some of that. Thanks in advance!