rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.3 (community edition)

So why the hell did they announce this patch for release today when they hadn't even quality tested it yet? Really stupid. Still, I appreciate the update.

Its only a target date, and they do test it but remember WE as the community are the real testers and is why they keep coming out with more updates because WE find the bugs and we give ideas from the previous update to improve the game. Its a cycle, 'Game > Community > Development > Updates > Community > Game' and cycles around again.

• Like 1

The hacking issue must be dealt with by other means.

Then deal with cheaters BEFORE thinking of any solution that would give em more power to kill us.

Sometime i believe that the only way to play this game at this point is to cheat ourself... and maybe this is the reason of why certain players doesn't care much about those script kiddies... they are cheating too.

Wait wait wait... i was thinking about the ALT+F4 issue.. i've reviews the changelog and i totally missed that the "Abort" is completely disabled when in combat??????? Are you f**** serious??? I'm stuck in a house with the damn cheater outside with infinite ammo, or i get teleported somewhere with other plrs shooting, and all the shit we see everyday and I CAN'T EVEN NORMALLY QUIT the client to change the server????? Who's the smart brain that invented this solution?

This is a huge step towards what needs to be done at what makes the game good.

i see so many ppl talking about the dogs, 'rockets where are the dogs u promised, iam dissapointing. bla bka' as i can remenber rocket didnt promise u nothing. he just say woof woof in the final of the post in an. other topic. so where did u take the ideia? maybe in SA itspossible but here in the mob? there are so many bugs, why to put some more in the mod?

Wait wait wait... i was thinking about the ALT+F4 issue.. i've reviews the changelog and i totally missed that the "Abort" is completely disabled when in combat??????? Are you f**** serious??? I'm stuck in a house with the damn cheater outside with infinite ammo, or i get teleported somewhere with other plrs shooting, and all the shit we see everyday and I CAN'T EVEN NORMALLY QUIT the client to change the server????? Who's the smart brain that invented this solution?

Tale your death like a man.

• Like 2

SURPRISEEEE!

Play on private hive. problem solved.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 2

Second this. I haven't played Public in months..

Question, if someone combat logs, and they die. Does their body remain there so that it is loot-able or does it disappear?

You guys should add a message to inform players of the new combat logging, otherwise it could be kind of abused, say if someone goes to log off and you fire a shot near them just before and they die.

Edited by koze

Question, if someone combat logs, and they die. Does their body remain there so that it is loot-able or does it disappear?

You guys should add a message to inform players of the new combat logging, otherwise it could be kind of abused, say if someone goes to log off and you fire a shot near them just before and they die.

(Im Part Of The Community Dev Team)

This could be a issue ill be looking into fixing but its kinda hard to determine whether or not one of your friends is 'trolling' or if someones legitimately shooting at you, but then again its a very rare occasion that you will log out near someone thats about to shoot you (unless you got stalked)

I don't see a note in there to require Toolbox to place wire fencing and tank traps, that should be in there and entrenching tool for sandbags, but good work! awesome job guys thanks!

(Im Part Of The Community Dev Team)

This could be a issue ill be looking into fixing but its kinda hard to determine whether or not one of your friends is 'trolling' or if someones legitimately shooting at you, but then again its a very rare occasion that you will log out near someone thats about to shoot you (unless you got stalked)

Logout timer, if shot within that time it gets canceled and you are in combat? So you woudnt get killed by the game itself.

If you chose to taskkill etc, then you are ment to die, but through regular abort the timer. Same if you are in a group and decide to logout, if rest of your group goes combat near the spot you woudnt get killed because of that, only the timer gets canceled. You should be able to wait the timer, without moving(look around should be active)

Edited by Zeppa

* [FIXED] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle

FINALLY!

No more crumbs and spills on the interior of my SUV.

• Like 2

i see so many ppl talking about the dogs, 'rockets where are the dogs u promised, iam dissapointing. bla bka' as i can remenber rocket didnt promise u nothing. he just say woof woof in the final of the post in an. other topic. so where did u take the ideia? maybe in SA itspossible but here in the mob? there are so many bugs, why to put some more in the mod?

the dogs were on gamescom, which was like a million years ago, and imo the gameplay worked well enough to suffice a release on the public hive. which is still an alpha test for a reason, why not just let us do the work, while they do the coding? rocket has enough to do with his standalone anyways.

then again, thats just my daily morning brainfart - i am more then happy with everything rocket & crew throw at us, and if it takes another year until we see dogs, i will wait right here.

but sometimes like in this example i don't agree with their train of development, and put that into words. nothing wrong with that.

Who's the smart brain that invented this solution?

that brain was definetly smarter then yours, for a start

yea i always wonder, people say "rocket, alt+f4 sucks, pls disable that"

rocket does that, and now people say "rocket, i can't ragequit from hackers, enable alt+f4"

yea if you don't like it go play some private crap, i just played on one few days ago and

it was the most cheat infested game i ever witnessed, but each to their own i guess?

i loved when rocket kept the radio silence. now we get some serious updates, initial post already

flooding with braindead zombies. rocket rocking out loud with his lee enfield in cherno.

like a bous!

id like to know how close a player has to be to make you 'IN COMBAT' when they fire.

i think this system could potentially be used to track players down because they know that whoever is firing is at least X distance away and in what direction.. this takes away the uncertainty of hearing shots and not knowing whats going on..

now i can hide in a bush, hidden and i can just wait to hear a shot, see that im now in combat so i know hes at least X disance away and i can work out the direction from the surround sound and point my gun that way.. and wait..

the only way i can see it working without giving too much away is that if someone fires they have to be a very small distance away, say 20m or something.

Edit : removed log out timer idea (been sugggested loads)

Edited by ChrisR

i think it rather adds to immersion.

think of logging out of the game like putting your character to sleep.

now you don't go to sleep when there are people around shooting.

obviously there might be exceptional circumstances, but lets take one step at a time.

the other question is, how long does combat log last? if its 5 minutes after last bullet shot/impact i guess thats about fine.

so i don't need to stay about for like an hour just because some jerk likes to troll me.

i can forsee a solution with a grouping system, like if you shoot nearby a player in your group/clan, that guy won't be combat logged.

• Like 1

Second this. I haven't played Public in months..

Private Hives have the same amount of cheaters... However, I find cheating reduced by BE

Also guys there "MAY" be dogs in future patches as me and my co-dev alby are working on them...

• Like 4

LoL

Looks like this update has the Alt+F4 crowd crying and whining for less severe alternate fixes. Good job Rocket and Dev team. Good fix.

• Like 5

Also guys there "MAY" be dogs in future patches as me and my co-dev alby are working on them...

<3

you get my beans any day sir!

• Like 1

about this new combat system : we have already checked this thing out on redux server with my mate who has some issues with his game (he is loosing connection for no reason randomly.His connection is stable but he keeps getting "player X is loosing connection.Player X was kicked (battleeye client not responding)").So if he was in fight even with zombies hes getting killed instantly. GG

Edited by QuartzOne

about this new combat system : we have already checked this thing out on redux server with my mate who has some issues with his game (he is loosing connection for no reason randomly.His connection is stable but he keeps getting "player X is loosing connection.Player X was kicked (battleeye client not responding)").So if he was in fight even with zombies hes getting killed instantly. GG

thats another issue we have to address but once again its almost impossible to determine if they loose connection, thats the systems main flaw

Edited by Stapo

thats another issue we have to address but once again its almost impossible to determine if they loose connection, thats the systems main flaw

true but my friend is not the only one with this issue.i wouldnt put this system on till ppl sort this thing out.