rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.3 (community edition)

But better late than never. Good patch. Thanks to all for the work, including those who did a great deal of work but may not have been recognised, you were ALL a part of the community that delivered this.

• Like 1

It's impossible to determine if it was intentional or not, and as has already been mentioned killing isn't in regardless.

Having a 30~45 second timer where which within your character just stands there doing nothing and can still be killed, rather than just killing them instantly, could help to avoid the client crash bug. The game crashes very often with all the code running, wouldn't want to be dead because of it every once in a while.

Also, if it already logs the combat loggers servers can deal with it using bans if someone repeats the behavior too often.

Edited by smasht_AU
Woops, that wasn't my post.

Also, Michel brings up a good point. 1.7.3 was supposed to bring us dogs. This killing of altf4 should have been on the 1.5 series of patches.

TOO LITTLE...

TOO FUCKING LATE!

oh, one of those annyoing entitled kiddos. go play left 4 dead... really. go. away.

• Like 5

Guest cRy

I love how admins and dev placate to the cumqwats who just joined this game. Who cares about the die hard fans who have played since late April, who have screamed and given solid suggestions to save this game.

Let's face it, Rocket and team didn't want to save this mod. It is in their best business interest to let this "test" product fail so we buy the real product.

Which, might I add will more than likely be riddled with the same problems. Notice how they are elusive about answering how they will fix the scripting problem. I don't expect them to reveal their plan but some indication would be nice. Not just, we will stop it. And the fact the new version will be released as a pre-build alpha doesn't stand well with me either. It is the same thing as this. We bought this game (I didn't buy ARMA 2 for ARMA 2 I bought it for this mod, which I expected it to be finished - which it won't) as a prebuild alpha and look where we are at.

I will wait for at least 6 months before I sink another penny into this project. Well, the real project cause the million plus that bought this version don't matter, apparently.

You can talk all the shit you want, but I am right.

Basically this is what Rocket and Dev and BIS is saying..

"Oh... you bought a test product from us? HAHAHAH.. FUCK YOU... you will buy another one... HAHA!"

I love how admins and dev placate to the cumqwats who just joined this game. Who cares about the die hard fans who have played since late April, who have screamed and given solid suggestions to save this game.

Let's face it, Rocket and team didn't want to save this mod. It is in their best business interest to let this "test" product fail so we buy the real product.

Which, might I add will more than likely be riddled with the same problems. Notice how they are elusive about answering how they will fix the scripting problem.

Read the newest Blog post you ranting maniac

Edited by Revilo
  • Like 4

Guest cRy

oh, one of those annyoing entitled kiddos. go play left 4 dead... really. go. away.

I love it!

We live in a world where people buy products they do not really own or get to use they way they see fit. It is because of people like you that this notion stays strong and we are forced to buy shit products because that is all there is.

Fuck you, you are worse than them. Sycophant!

[user Warned]- SmashT

Edited by smasht_AU

Having a 30~45 second timer where which within your character just stands there doing nothing and can still be killed, rather than just killing them instantly, could help to avoid the client crash bug. The game crashes very often with all the code running, wouldn't want to be dead because of it every once in a while.

Also, if it already logs the combat loggers servers can deal with it using bans if someone repeats the behavior too often.

It's impossible to determine if it was intentional or not, and as has already been mentioned killing isn't in regardless.

Edited by smasht_AU

Which, might I add will more than likely be riddled with the same problems. Notice how they are elusive about answering how they will fix the scripting problem. I don't expect them to reveal their plan but some indication would be nice. Not just, we will stop it. And the fact the new version will be released as a pre-build alpha doesn't stand well with me either. It is the same thing as this. We bought this game (I didn't buy ARMA 2 for ARMA 2 I bought it for this mod, which I expected it to be finished - which it won't) as a prebuild alpha and look where we are at.

I will wait for at least 6 months before I sink another penny into this project. Well, the real project cause the million plus that bought this version don't matter, apparently.

You can talk all the shit you want, but I am right.

Basically this is what Rocket and Dev and BIS is saying..

"Oh... you bought a test product from us? HAHAHAH.. FUCK YOU... you will buy another one... HAHA!"

"Wahh...wheres the update"

Update Drops

"ZOMG...ROCKET DAYZ PONZI SCHEME!"

Edited by smasht_AU

http://dayzmod.com/f...ration-project/

And along with that, Matt has personally contacted and discussed with all the people we could find to invite them to the project. At times, the response was fairly lackluster. But after me beating Matt with a stick enough, we got a group together and not much really happened until Razor took control.

I master the build using the private dayz keys when I am informed that a build is ready. I provide some advice and divert some DayZ Standalone resources where I can to assist.

My intention with the community project was to prevent splintering and allow everyone to share the results of updates. If this isn't possible, then fine, we can use the resources elsewhere.

I see what you mean, my bad, I missed that thread. Hope this stuff can all be resolved, as this is a fantastic step to ensuring the mod stays active.

I don't know if you know about the guys and gals over at opendayz.net (some of the posters there have contributed to the code I believe), but we are growing quite quick. The idea was a community of people contributing and encouraging others to do the same with no one locking out or fragmenting things. We are new but growing really quick, if any of it is useful to you and efforts, then please let do let us know, but it looks like that base is covered well already. As you had been open about the dayz code and the effort being non commericial then opendayz.net is based on the same grounds.

• Like 1

*Ranting and Raving*

Please let me know your wish list of items... so I can ensure I never write a single line of script code for them. I can assure you that stamping your feet like a three year old, instead of providing well reasoned arguments, will not get you what you want.

• Like 6

I love it!

We live in a world where people buy products they do not really own or get to use they way they see fit. It is because of people like you that this notion stays strong and we are forced to buy shit products because that is all there is.

Fuck you, you are worse than them. Sycophant!

You paid for the mod?

Guest cRy

You sir, are a fuck face.

"Wahh...wheres the update"

Update Drops

"ZOMG...ROCKET DAYZ PONZI SCHEME!"

First of all... after I waited and waited for updates back in the day they came with more time spread between them. Now, with the advent of the "stand alone" the updates are even more sporadic and riddled with lies. We were supposed to have 1.7.3 after 1.7.2.5 and they were supposed to fix quite a few issues along with addition of dogs. .6 came and went and fixed almost nothing, but surely broke quite a few things. Now, months later... 1.7.3 comes with almost nothing really changes aside from alt f4ing which isn't an issue cause almost NO ONE PLAYS ON LIVE HIVE ANYMORE! So, what was that again? You guise are suckers. You would by mutton for a premium if someone said it was steak. SUCKERS!

Soooo.... what happens if my internet goes out while I'm "in combat" or I BSOD or something? Does that mean I just die for no reason? That seems a bit fucked up...

Soooo.... what happens if my internet goes out while I'm "in combat" or I BSOD or something? Does that mean I just die for no reason? That seems a bit fucked up...

The death part won't be included from what I've been told. Ref Edited by PerfyNormal

Guest cRy

You paid for the mod?

Yes!When one see Alpha, one expects for a BETA and FINAL to follow. You can play semantics with me all you want. This is what this world has come too. Semantics and trickery. We were all tricked and now we have a broken game with the real version being made for another premium. I bet if most people waited they wouldn't have bought this game. Most of you are in your teens and early 20s. You are kids. One day it will hit you, when you use your own money. These companies are just designed to siphon your currency without giving shit back. I come from a time where DLC, mods, maps and models for games were FUCKING FREE!Thanks EA and Microsoft for killing that and FUCK YOU kids for paying for it! Maps, models, mods should be fucking free. FREE!

• Like 1

Guest cRy

Lol @ the warning for not swearing at members on here.

This is the real world, Smash.

In the real world, there are real words. Grain of salt, my "friend."

Furthermore, I remember clearly when this "mod" was made Rocket said foul language was permitted. In fact, at first even racism wasn't bannable. Eventually though, with good reason that was changed. But, the swearing was allowed. This forum, is the most popular forum for dayz (god help us) but it is run by a bunch of dick sucking bronies that would turn it into hello kitty playland adventure discussion board, if they could.

All of you need to grow a pair. This world is not nice. This fake ass BS of placating to jokers is what is wrong with this world. Politically correct losers!

Swearing is allowed, abusing other members is not.

Lol @ the warning for not swearing at members on here.

This is the real world, Smash.

In the real world, there are real words. Grain of salt, my "friend."

Furthermore, I remember clearly when this "mod" was made Rocket said foul language was permitted. In fact, at first even racism wasn't bannable. Eventually though, with good reason that was changed. But, the swearing was allowed. This forum, is the most popular forum for dayz (god help us) but it is run by a bunch of dick sucking bronies that would turn it into hello kitty playland adventure discussion board, if they could.

All of you need to grow a pair. This world is not nice. This fake ass BS of placating to jokers is what is wrong with this world. Politically correct losers!

Do you need a hug? I can give you a hug.

• Like 4

Guest cRy

Swearing is allowed, abusing other members is not.

What good is a swear word when it is not directed at someone? grain of salt... lil fella!