venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

Ah, yeah. That bug. That backpack bug has been in regular DayZ for a long time if I recall. Yeah I'll see if I can get that fixed as well.

If you guys see a bus rollin... it's friendly... also i have no problem giving people a lift, but on engage we will fire at will.

E: nvm, got shot in stary...

Edited by Devil

Hi Guys,

I got the Steam Version of ARMA2oa and tryed to make everything right. Now if i push the Shortcut it shows me this:

pjPoO.png

what did i wrong? thx

EDIT: thats my shortcut, may i did something wrong? "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -skipIntro -mod=@DayZ_DIAF

EDIT2: ok fixed but now it says "ca_dupping_counterattack", well i copyd the addon folder form arma2 to arma2oa folder but still says the same message...help me pls :D

Edited by sLiiixZ

Ok finally trying it out - i think it would be great in the development stage to enable side channel temporarily - can't really communicate with anyone if you have issues

Had two very fun sessions so far, bagged myself a nice AKM with 6 clips, side arm, so good to go.

My only issue so far is a couple of graphical fire bugs where there seems to be a mushroom epicenter and then the whole sky around it with flames, but only when looking at it, turn away and it's gone. There was one north of Zelen, not sure what was causing it, and one at NWAF being caused by a burned out heli there right outside the southern most hanger.

Great server, sign up peeps.

i think there is something wrong with backpack spawns

i went into electro supermarket and picked up a 6 slot pouch, this immediately spawned a patrol pack inplace of the pouch on the ground, as if i had one on me and replaced it with the pouch. picking up the patrol pack then spawned an assault pack in the same location, and when i picked that up, there was a 6 slot pouch on the ground, even tho i had a patrol pack on me at the time...

I think I may know what this is related to. Even in normal DayZ, backpack spawns are independent of loot piles existing or not existing. I may have bungled up a loot category which is causing bags to continue to get 'rolls' to spawn even if a bag is already in that spot. What you likely encountered was simply that many backpacks spawned on one loot location... which ain't good. I'll look into that later.

Venthos are you considering putting more Eastern weaponry into your modification?

Many of them are already in Arma 2,so it should not be much of a hassle.

I mean maybe removing M249 & M240 and replace them with RPK & PKM or such?

Would make sense that NATO weapons would be damn rare compared to Warsaw pact ones.

Anyway I hope that we might that EU server some day soon :).

My only worry about flying is making it trivial to farm all 5 helicopter crashes within 30 minutes of server restart and making it very easy to spot player camps. I want to keep flight a bit rare. I'm thinking 1 big chopper and 2 small choppers would be the limit at any given time. That's already well above the "1 Huey per server" limit of vanilla DayZ.

We'll see... I agree with you that helicopters are a ton of fun, though. A mechanic I'm considering adding is vehicle degradation to make it so no player/squad ever has a vehicle permanently, regardless how good they hide it. When that's added, I could see relaxing vehicles a bit. I haven't decided on the exact mechanic behaviors yet, but it would work by slowly "damaging" the car (the 0.0 to 1.0 damage value) as time goes on, and repairing things would not bring the damage below the slowly creeping value. Eventually, it just wouldn't come back after a certain point during the next server restart.

I completely agree, burt part of the hunt is finding said camps and reclaiming vehicles, starting your own and being at battle. You will always have vehicle hoarders, but with a bit more variety on the chopper department i think it would spice things up. In particular i love the uh60 mev one from fallujah, non-combat but is great for medical evac. Also the old moto would be a nice touch, instead of just the dirtbike.

There's definitely a lot to consider. I need to start a poll and find out what you guys want first. I've got some big ambitions, and everything requires time.

I kind of want to spend that time on "new" mechanics vs. trying to balance guns and put in more things that go "bang bang" (Chloroform being a good tip of the iceberg example).

-Revamp loot system to be entirely server-side for balance/auto-decay/less "gaming" of the system

-Add mechanics for "Admin Events" to be held where I (and other admins on my server) can become super zombies with roaming packs of NPC zombies. Special "event only" loot would drop, and as such the events would be uncommonly held. I bet it'd be an interesting dynamic of people conflicted on "helping" each other defeat the horde vs. wanting the spoils that drops when the event is over.

-Add new residential type guns... but I think I'd need a 3D Modeler/Artists help to make this anything cool. I do want to add a "flare gun" though for night ops.

-A vehicle "decay" system so you can't hold onto a vehicle forever (thinking to the tune of 2 weeks), keeping new vehicles consistently spawning and giving new players to the server a shot at finding a vehicle.

-Chances of "crashed vans" in the forests near Kamenka to make people not entirely loathe the area. Think "heli crashes" for new spawns. Shot at an ALICE pack, AK, or some other low/mid grade loot.

And that's just off the top of my head. Hopefully they are things people think they might like. I want to try and get "something cool" into every major bump of the mod. Tweaks/bug fixes in between. It's just a lot of work, for sure, and I'd rather be spending time on things that will have people wanting to play on the server. If something is a bunk idea (hate the admin events, for example?) I'd rather not waste my time unless I think you guys are just seriously wrong and that it'll be awesome ;P

If you notice, the things I've mentioned are kind of aimed at keeping you gathering longer as well as having things to do once you are done gathering other than just kill people (always keeping an eye on what may need to be your "next" vehicle, random dynamic admin events, etc).

I'm not sure what I'll be starting work on tonight, or if I'll continue my break and play a bit on the server. We'll see. Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. I'm all amped up to work on this mod quite a bit since it seems there's some genuine interest in it.

wtf is wrong with you... YOU REMOVED pretty much every sniper in the game. I'm sure as hell not joining with you.

Yet you felt the need to share this opinion and tell us you won't be playing?

If you don't like it, do one, and play somewhere else, no one here gives a damn about your opinion.

• Like 1

I just pooped a little. (from excitement)

wtf is wrong with you... YOU REMOVED pretty much every sniper in the game. I'm sure as hell not joining with you.

Can't Cherno snipe = not playing? Nice logic. ;)

I love these modceptions but they are a pain to add my own server for it. Hopefully this mod becomes popular so admin tools are developed for it and such.

This is a mod that I should gain more popularity quickly.

- ADK admin

Ok guys,

-So i downloaded the folder

-Placed it with all the other mods

-Started up ARMA OA 2 using the beta patch shortcut

-Then went to expansions

-Clicked enable @dayZ_DIAF

-Message box asks me do i want to restart ARMA

-I click ok then as im watching the game startup with the small tick boxes on the screen? I get this message

http://imgur.com/7WofW

Any Ideas?

Also Admin if you see this I Tried joining the server as the mod was downloading, Got rejected due to not having the mod installed, but can you still grab my GUID and get me whitelisted through that?

Names Ron Burgundy

Edited by Mirza

Oh please... OH PLEASE make something with those zombies...

Few months ago when i started playing, it was possible to crouch trough the city without getting any agro... now zombies agro miles away when you get into the line of sight...

Little less agro maybe?

OMG, I can't hide in a bush and snipe unarmed players all day? WURST GAEM EVAR!

• Like 1

Had a blast today testing this!

My first guy spawned in elektro, so i looted it and went for the castle where i found what looked like one of them new choppers burned out, i scrolled on it and it insta exploded me to death for some reason :P

Repaired a hippie-van and went to the NE airfield where i got killed trying to fix the UAZ that was there. Some guy came up rolin in his ATV with his FN FAL so i tried to wait him out and hope he didnt see me, in which case he did :(

Got geared up from a dude at nw airfield then went looking for another vehicle.. Found the SUV which ive never seen before. All red, but the wheels in order so now i have myself the pimpest ride :)

Wow. Looks like you got some serious interest here Venthos. Kewl.

I have some ideas, use them or ignore them, especially if they are impossible or stoopid. I am a big boy, I won't be offended.

Ideas for flares:

Attract zombies like smoke grenades do.

Do damage like cans and bottles do (setting zombies on fire would be nice).

Ideas for Jerry cans:

Shoot them they explode.

Pour gas on ground, throw flare at spilled gas, buuuurrn! (setting anything on fire is always nice).

Ideas for eating/drinking:

Fill water bottle when it rains.

Eat fruit off trees in orchards.

Drink water from pumps and dams even if you have no water bottle.

Eat raw steaks (gives less blood but is an option).

Degradation and repair of vehicles (toolbox a requirement to fix vehicles):

Regular maintenance with toolbox stops vehicle degradation (once a day or it loses 0.1).

Where the vehicle is hidden (in the wilderness loses 0.2 per day it is not used).

New item: Oil (10 uses per can, used with toolbox restores some vehicle degradation).

Medical system:

New Item: Medical kit (rare item, uses backpack slot, unlimited bandages, morphine, epi pen, painkillers, antibiotics and chloroform).

Ok, so that is some of the stuff I have thought about over the last 3-4 months.

All the folks that have already suggested these to sprocket & Co. Ltd. I didn't steal your idea, we just had the same one independently <----- pre-emptive flame retardation

Edited by BIOSEMTEX