venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

Have you got a TS3 server Venthos? Maybe we could organise some test sessions and give you real-time feedback after a patch? Let us testers know if we can be more helpful in any way.

Here my 2 beans:

In my opinion, to many zed's spawning at the deerstands and some other places. Got killed by a shitload of zombies in the supermarket (you was there) because they all came through the walls and surrounded me. There was no escaping because the obstacles (racks). One break my leg and knocked me out. I died :( but that is the game.

Reducing a little bit the amount of spawning zombies in some areas would be great because the ai pathfinding issues of ArmA2

Thanks to the others who tried to helping me.

See you all soon.

Have you got a TS3 server Venthos? Maybe we could organise some test sessions and give you real-time feedback after a patch? Let us testers know if we can be more helpful in any way.

Mumble server is: mumble.dieinafire.com

If you want to join up. May or may not be in the main room myself depending on if I am hunting with a squad and don't want to advertise my location.

Here my 2 beans:

In my opinion, to many zed's spawning at the deerstands and some other places. Got killed by a shitload of zombies in the supermarket (you was there) because they all came through the walls and surrounded me. There was no escaping because the obstacles (racks). One break my leg and knocked me out. I died :( but that is the game.

Reducing a little bit the amount of spawning zombies in some areas would be great because the ai pathfinding issues of ArmA2

Thanks to the others who tried to helping me.

See you all soon.

Yeah I know what needs to be tweaked and I'll have another patch out tonight. I just don't want to rapid restart again so soon after. We almost all died in that supermarket during that event. That was rough.

All died?! That's hard.

Maybe reduce it in those area's and increase it at some other areas, maybe thats balance it a bit.

I have an suggestion for you for backpacks (not all types)

I don't know if it's possible but what you think about an backpack, that have an "ATTACH TO TENT" option and can store additional items (not much) like the tent?

I mean, you have a tent and a special backpack that can be combined to store more items as the normal tent.

Maybe reducing the itemslots (50 is standard sofar i know) for the tent and add the attached option for an backpack to it.

Please do something about the Z's agro / count / weapon damage.

Currently there's no way to "clear" a place because Z's respawn almost instantly. Also I find it irritating that I need to shoot Z for like 5-10 times with a pistol to kill it.

Also, Z's shouldn't agro 300m away just because they happen to look at you. It needs some fixing so the game would be playable again in day.

And:

Thanks Venthos for the M4A1 in Zele.

Thanks AOD guys for the cool ride to your camp (Y)

Edited by Devil

All died?! That's hard.

Maybe reduce it in those area's and increase it at some other areas, maybe thats balance it a bit.

I have an suggestion for you for backpacks (not all types)

I don't know if it's possible but what you think about an backpack, that have an "ATTACH TO TENT" option and can store additional items (not much) like the tent?

I mean, you have a tent and a special backpack that can be combined to store more items as the normal tent.

Maybe reducing the itemslots (50 is standard sofar i know) for the tent and add the attached option for an backpack to it.

Zombies will be less "swarmy" after the next patch. But, I still want them to make it quite a bitch to move around in comparison to vanilla DayZ. The change should address this issue and I believe potentially solve the desync that's still left. Despite dying twice this afternoon already, I'm loving it. Both deaths were because zombies forced me to do things that made me quite the easy picking for players.

Please do something about the Z's agro / count / weapon damage.

Currently there's no way to "clear" a place because Z's respawn almost instantly. Also I find it irritating that I need to shoot Z for like 5-10 times with a pistol to kill it.

Also, Z's shouldn't agro 300m away just because they happen to look at you. It needs some fixing so the game would be playable again in day.

And:

Thanks Venthos for the M4A1 in Zele.

Thanks AOD guys for the cool ride to your camp (Y)

The inability to effectively "clear" will be addressed in the upcoming patch, but if you try and clear with a loud gun it's not going to be so easy. I'm kind of happy with pistol damage since it rewards the calm and patience in battle to get head shots. I never aim for the body on zombies.. except if I have an AKM for Enfield. Virtually all of my zombie kills are head shot one kills, even with the makarov. I don't want those sidearms to be super effective against players as then there's little point to getting what would be marginally better assault rifles with rarer ammo. I'm also fairly happy with their agro range as players can still see zombies well beyond their agro range. It wouldn't make sense to put blinders on them so you can see them 10x out from when they can see you.

Also :( about you killing me. I was a hero skin :D Hah But yeah, you're good now with the M4A1 CCO and GPS ;)

If someone has any recommendations for a Win2008 VPS/Dedicated Server provider in the EU with reasonable prices, I'll turn up an EU server as soon as I get this current patch stable with the desync issues sorted.

I don't want those sidearms to be super effective against players as then there's little point to getting what would be marginally better assault rifles with rarer ammo.

Range? Pistols are effective up to maybe 25 meters with the majority of action between 5 and 15 meters.

tommes upload the first recording anyway (if you still have it)

There you go!

Will take a while to process. I guess 20 minutes or so from now.

Edited by tommes

Sounds interesting i hope to try this mod out soon.

I totally agree on the weapon removals you have implemented - i would even go further but that's just me. In my view most survivors should be grateful to find an Enfield and be ecstatic when they get their greedy, untrained mits on an AK. Ammo should be rare and be the most valuable commodity in the apocalypse.

Dont know if i have missed a changelog or one of your comments but what are the chances of zombies not grinding to a halt and walking whenever they attack or enter buildings? Make zombies run in buidlings and the zombie fear factor increases substantially.

Good job.

Stage 2 of zombie improvements are on adjusting their movement speeds in various situations. I do want them to be faster indoors. Not full speed, though (the reason they walk indoors is because their pathing is garbage indoors and it makes it REALLY hard to kill them indoors if they run).

Yeah i can see how them being the same speed indoors as outdoors would probably cause issues, but them being faster than a walk sounds better. Harder to kill means more realistic in my opinion.

New patch to address rapid-respawn zombies / desync

RELEASE 0.2.4

[CHANGE] Adjusted zombie mechanics to eliminate instant respawn chance and also other changes to reduce/eliminate desync

HOTFIX from 0.2.3 to 0.2.4: http://www.dayzredux.com/download/DayZRedux-0.2.3_0.2.4-hotfix.zip

FULL PATCH: http://www.dayzredux.com/download/DayZRedux-0.2.4.zip

Qqna7.jpgSrXLW.pngrm4ZA.jpg

Crazy stuff went down at NE Airfield, me and a friend tried to defend the chopper we were trying to repair from 2 other choppers when suddendly some random bloke with a makarov charges into the chopper, gets on the gun and shoots down one of the choppers with it, nearly gets the other one too. I didnt shoot and let him slip away, waited a long ass time and headed over to the landed/crashed littlebird and just as i was about to repair and fly it away the chopper comes back and sees me and starts shooting at the littlebird, I got inside and hid for a few seconds and then slipped away. They then dropped off two guys and i had no ammo left, found a lee enfield on one of the many many corpses and when the littlebird took off i shot it enough times for it to start the 'beep beep beep' engine failure noise. At this point i had tonnes of zombies after me and no ammo for my m24 or enfield so i tried to run, and got gunned down by a guy who i guess got off the chopper earlier.

Respawned in cherno and repaired an ambulance, started driving it back to NE and the chopper turns up and my pro ass friend crashes the ambulance into a tree. I try to find a wheel to fix it. 10 minutes later and 0 wheels found, the ambulance comes charging down the road. Me and my friend stand our ground with a makarov and axe. I unload into the front driver side window and dodge the car, but apparently not fast enough (playing from uk) and get hit anyway and die. Friend tries to jump into the ambulance/axe the guy a question and gets shot too. All in all a good 6 hours. Im exhausted.

Elqit.jpg

Love this fucking server.

Edited by deanyo

Played yesterday for couple of hours... and changes are awesome... really thanks Venthos - i am pretty suprised how well you are doing these changes :)

Honestly best Private Hive Server i have seen so far. I hope you will get EU server running soon ;)

*lots of stuff*

Hahaha. That was an amazing fire fight. That was myself and a bunch of others. I was flying the Huey the whole time. I about shit myself when I realized there was someone with an M24 up in the woods during the NEAF exchange. I love how you get trained to think "hah, no way a sniper is here given the rarity". Makes sniping that much more effective if you get a rifle. By the end of the night we had about 2 different crews we met up with over the night who between us had fixed two littlebirds and the huey. I think we were 9 strong at one point. I plan to give away at least one of the littlebirds tomorrow if not both if they're not taken by then, since hoarding helis is pretty stupid and prevents cool battles like what happened from occurring. I'm holding my crew I hang with to a one-heli maximum unless the other crew is one who we don't hang out with much at all. It was pretty fun, though, at the end of the night with 3 helis flying around.

Did you take the initial shot at the Huey that started the confrontation? I nearly died with that and was bleeding. The huey got pretty jacked up by the end as well.

I can't believe that was you as well in Elektro. We were flying back to pickup the folks in our squad that you had gunned down as well as a new guy logging in. I was just swinging around to head north when we saw your headlights coming into Elektro. We had almost no ammunition in the Huey, 38 rounds on one side I think, and we let the last of it go at your direction.

Changes were awesome, till Vent started fucking with zeds, 20 fuckers around some shitty roadside shack.. It's a bit over the edge now.

Three guys in a car stopped and started clearing them, but then, hehe, said "fuck it" and moved along..

My guess is successful zed mechanics not in their quantity

Edited by theanes

Are you talking about before or after this last 0.2.4 patch? I'm almost completely happy with the changes as they stand after 0.2.4.

With 0.2.0 things were ridiculous. It got a bit better by 0.2.3, but I hadn't really accounted for how zombie spawning would behave with multiple people in the area all firing their own randomized spawn timers. With 0.2.4, things are much closer to my intended behavior. I'm not confident enough to say they're where I want them right now. But, it's nearly there. We're getting closer.

Edited by Venthos

<-- James that got destroyed by those zombies at that deer stand

You probably toned that down a little already but I thought it was funny, a zombie luckily hit me in the head and I got knocked out, then 20 zombies started eating my brains out. :P

Edited by JayAre

It was 0.2.3. We'll see how it goes now..

Thanks for your work, keep it up.

Yeah, James, the situation that happened to you is no longer possible in 0.2.4. The shed issue theanes mentioned is no longer possible when you first get to an area. If you were to hang around that shed for about 20 minutes, the numbers would grow to about 40 zombies there. But it would take 20 minutes of you sitting by that shed and not killing any zombies. Still, like I said, I'm not perfectly happy with the zombie mechanic yet. But it's going in the right direction. I do like that the barracks at NWAF become death traps if you don't sneak into them or have a buddy or two to help clear.

As for the EU server, I'm ready to turn one up now (didn't think I'd be saying this so quickly). But I have no knowledge of EU based providers. As mentioned before, if anyone knows of any quality Windows 2008 VPS/Dedicated Server hosting over there, I'll get one turned up for you folks. Although, I will miss playing with some of you. I think the server is disproportionately compromised of non-USA survivors, which only makes me sad in the sense that I hope the mod will continue to grow in popularity and get some numbers up to replace those on the US server who end up going to the EU server.

Note that the servers will not exist in a collective hive, as I can think of no reliable and consistent way of preventing people from ghosting or otherwise abusing that mechanic. I've yet to determine to what extent, but I will be 'transferring' survivors that elect to go to the EU server should they want it. I probably won't let you take vehicles or tents just to ensure the server has a somewhat fresh start, though.

Dude... I'm very (read again) VERY happy to hear this.

I've had a blast of fun time in the US server and I'll also miss people from there but sometimes the issues with ping make me rage.

Also my daytime, US server is usually pretty emtpy and because of full-time work I really can't play until 6 AM to get most out of it :)

I've never had a DayZ server tho, so i'm unable to help you with choosing hosting.

Hope to see it soon and feel free to remove 3d

And btw, you need to get that automated whitelisting running... will win you some players.

Edited by Devil

The EU server is great news, just one request though, can we keep server time as it is on the US server, it's perfect in my time zone as just as I'm starting to play the sun is coming up and then the rest of the afternoon and evening are daylight. I'm assuming with the numbers you've been getting the last few days everyone else is happy with this too.

Oh, and please don't turn off 3d for us.