venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

Well i prefer to have the option play DayZ also at night. So it doesn't have to be realistic to EU but i would set it up closer to our time zone.

No twilight at 7-9 pm but at 10-11 it would be fine :)

Well i prefer to have the option play DayZ also at night. So it doesn't have to be realistic to EU but i would set it up closer to our time zone.

No twilight at 7-9 pm but at 10-11 it would be fine :)

Yeah, that would be fine, most people will want to play after work in the evening and I doubt that any of them will want to play exclusively in the dark, I certainly won't and would probably end up staying on the original server if that was the case. It's alright occasionally but not all the time.

Well that looks like a crazy firefight at NEAF, BSB lost the Huey on Sunday afternoon 15mins after I ran away from where I parked it flew over the top of me >_<. Didn't realise was so many choppers on the server guess I'll have to go out looking for them so we can haul all our asses around quickly again :D

Recent changes are looking good, will be playing again tonight at some point and test them out.

Edited by Lickaholic

Yeah, changes sound good, couldn't test the various versions out yesterday as my parents were over to spend time with their granddaughter but I'll be giving it a try later on, looking forward to it.

Looking forward to an EU server too !

I agree with hallker about the time settings. I think to get that desired effect it would have to be something like GMT -3.

I agree with hallker about the time settings. I think to get that desired effect it would have to be something like GMT -3.

That sounds about right to me.

Agree with 4L4N, which agrees with me. :-D

I hope that EU server will be there soon, and i am sad that i can't help you with picking a host for you server :(

Well good luck with that and i am looking forward to any brave change that you will make ;)

@ Venthos , Not sure if this is exactly what your looking for, but this is the server provider MyDayZ.de use for their private hive http://windows.profe...ver-mieten.html

I play Takistan and Lingor on their hive and have never had any issues playing. Their servers are very fast loading and smooth

Edit; the latest beta patch is out (97771) will we need to update or are you sticking with the current 97448

Edited by Papa Duck

I was stalking around the NEAF last night as well, solo... just went there to get some loot and there sat a heli, watched it for a long time but my piloting skills are still crap. Excitement eventually ensued. You guys shot at me on about 3 occasions, one of which you had me pinned down in a tree with a broken leg and less than 2000 health. The lee enfield that was found by the other guy came from me when I found a corpse and traded up to an M16 and got some meat. I eventually followed one of the little birds towards berenzino but with such low health I randomly passed out near a zombie and he ate my face off.

Cherno being "on fire" means someone crashed a heli in the vicinity. It'll go away on next server restart. Heli crash flames are so wonky in ARMA.

Really enjoying this mod Venthos.... Although, could I suggest you add a disclaimer saying not to play it solo with a hangover. I nearly had a few heartattacks on Sunday.

It would be nice if characters were able to switch from US to EU so you can pick your timezone. Maybe you can add some mechanic to prevent joining from one to the other inside a set timeframe so teleporting is prevented.

If you could get the DayZ-Commander to support Redux player numbers might skyrocket. Would break the private character we have right now though.

Cherno being "on fire" means someone crashed a heli in the vicinity. It'll go away on next server restart. Heli crash flames are so wonky in ARMA.

Yeah there's like 2 maybe 3 crashed heli's on top of cherno hotel, go see that shit.

Also died in a firefight thanks to 'desync' sigh, the rage

Bear with me.. we may have outgrown the server this is being hosted on. Restart was rough with 35 some people all trying to hammer the login at once. Restarting the entire windows box.

ARMA2 gets very angry when you are joining when it's trying to setup your character (your name is still gray) or otherwise when it's really bogged down during the login process. It then spawns you in game as a seagull when it can't figure out what it should be doing properly. To prevent people from staying in this way, there's just a bit of restriction set to boot anyone who spawns as a seagull. Given the massive connectivity issues on this last restart with 35 people hammering the login, almost everyone seemed to be getting spawned in as seagulls because the server was just stressed the hell out.

Any time you see restriction #1 for vehicle, it means that person had a laggy login session and was created as a seagull (and booted). Nothing to be concerned about hacker wise.

but it is showing that I may need a more robust server...

So what just happened? http://bildr.no/view/1291215

Some hacker spawning in vehicles to half the server or..?

That looks like all the people listed are trying to log back in too close to a vehicle. AFAIK it flags it as create vehicle if they are relogging too close to one.

EDIT: Seagulls it is then. Good to know.

Edited by NO2 Punk

Yeesh. Now I need to find a more robust US server host as well. This one just isn't cutting it anymore. The server can't keep up with the constant login hammering after restart. The logs are flooded with net errors as it's trying to keep up. Things are finally settling off now, though, once people are actually able to finally leak into the server.

So far , there is no loot on the server. (After server restart.) :|

Edited by beatuhse

Due to the aforementioned slowdowns/connectivity delays that bogged the server down, loot took a bit longer to start spawning than it otherwise normally does. Lots of loot has been spawning, though, and my squad that I'm listening to has already found engine parts and some other stuff that they wanted to try and go repair a vehicle. I'll be looking into a more robust machine as well as making restarts more frequent (8 or 6 hours) to try and keep things moving along.

Alright , I'm not blaming anyone for that , I just thought I shall "share" this. I searched the whole Stary Sobor area and found nothing. But if it's okay now , nevermind.