venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

Yes, plans to make toolboxes useful. Requiring them to do any vehicle repairs is one idea for sure.

I periodically run a script (which eventually will be run every restart) that destroys any tents/vehicles outside the normal boundaries of the map. If someone parks it there, it will simply get destroyed in the database within (currently) 8 hours.

Hell! If I would know that before starting to search! :D Nice feature btw. Thanks for the information. :)

Personally Ive been spreading the word about DayZ Redux on other forums and Reddit as much as possible. I would love to see this become extremely popular.

Great job Venthos

<3

• Like 1

The server seems to be bouncing off the 30 slot cap. Hopefully most if you who are trying to get in will be on in short order. Loot spawning (since it's server-side) seems to be cycling longer the more people are on the server. Therefore until I get a new box up the more people on the server, the rarer loot spawns will be (only seems to start around 23-25 people). This is NOT intentional, but just demonstrates why I am needing a more robust server.

But, as mentioned, I just hope you guys can bear with me a bit longer. The EU server is potentially set to be up this weekend, and I will be working on looking for a US one later today/tomorrow pending available time. The conference is wrapping up tonight, so that'll free some time up.

Of LittleBirds and Vodniks....

Polana factory and the LittleBird was humming about dropping off survivors to loot the deer stand. It then decided to hover over the factory, it was at the edge of effective range for a Winchester but still worth the chance. A few rounds clip into the plexiglass canopy, enough to make it move off in a panic only to come back again looking for trouble.

But wait there's a low rumble too - a quick glance to the south and what should come lumbering through the trees but a Vodnik! Bushes are crushed, zombies tossed high and wide. I sight in, fire a shot and side step as the armoured ambulance smashes through the trees. I fire another shot at the front left tyre as the Vodnik clips a tree and side swipes me, breaking a leg and knocking me unconcious. The egg timer slips away painfully slowly as my life seeps into the brown earth. Finally I'm concious, I bandage, apply morphine and scoff down a packet of pain killers. But I'm weak and even a dose of paracetamol doesn't cure my shakes. The LittleBird buzzes back into view near the factory, as I bring my gun up the effort is too much and I slip into unconciousness once again. The timer cascades away and shaking myself to my senses I kneel. The LittleBird is still above the factory, I fire off 3 rounds before it once more zips away.

No sooner has it gone than the Vodnik is back, crashing through the woods two eager killers sitting up front searching for me. I see the passenger window is blown out and expecting the drivers window to be well armoured I see this as my opportunity to draw some blood. The Vodnik lines up with me, I steady my aim, fire and sidestep. The Vodnik rushes past me as a body falls from the passenger seat, missing most of it's head.

The Vodnik circles me like a hungry beast waiting to pounce, I fire off 3 more rounds which all plink harmlessly against the hull. The driver scoffs and over the loudspeaker belittles my aim; laughing to himself. The Vodnik turns and careers towards me, but I'm nimble and again jink and side step. As it rushes past me once again I sieze the moment and fire through the front passenger window - but the angle is too obtuse, I sidestep once more and to my glee see the passenger door window is open. With pain trembling hands I bring up my aim and fire - the drivers door window splashes red with blood and fragemnts of skull and the dead driver tumbles out onto the ground calling out to his compatriots in the LittleBird for help " OMG he got me you gotta get down here and help" he wails.

I circle around and then once again pass out. I wake and manage to loot the passenger just as my support arrives. There are more shots as a reckless paratrooper lands near us, I hunker down near a fallen tree shaking with pain and fatigue, shots ring out and with the most painful of ironies a new spawn's Winchester slug ends my life...

There is a bit of mopping up as the new spawn is dispatched and the Vodnik is rolled out of the woods and down to the coast. Within minutes it is back at the factory and the spoils of war are loaded into it...I sit in the back cocooned by steel and armour plate caressing the M4 Holo between my knees as we rumble off up North in search of trouble...

• Like 2

Polana factory and the LittleBird was humming about dropping off survivors to loot the deer stand. It then decided to hover over the factory, it was at the edge of effective range for a Winchester but still worth the chance. A few rounds clip into the plexiglass canopy, enough to make it move off in a panic only to come back again looking for trouble.

But wait there's a low rumble too - a quick glance to the south and what should come lumbering through the trees but a Vodnik! Bushes are crushed, zombies tossed high and wide. I sight in, fire a shot and side step as the armoured ambulance smashes through the trees. I fire another shot at the front left tyre as the Vodnik clips a tree and side swipes me, breaking a leg and knocking me unconcious. The egg timer slips away painfully slowly as my life seeps into the brown earth. Finally I'm concious, I bandage, apply morphine and scoff down a packet of pain killers. But I'm weak and even a dose of paracetamol doesn't cure my shakes. The LittleBird buzzes back into view near the factory, as I bring my gun up the effort is too much and I slip into unconciousness once again. The timer cascades away and shaking myself to my senses I kneel. The LittleBird is still above the factory, I fire off 3 rounds before it once more zips away.

No sooner has it gone than the Vodnik is back, crashing through the woods two eager killers sitting up front searching for me. I see the passenger window is blown out and expecting the drivers window to be well armoured I see this as my opportunity to draw some blood. The Vodnik lines up with me, I steady my aim, fire and sidestep. The Vodnik rushes past me as a body falls from the passenger seat, missing most of it's head.

The Vodnik circles me like a hungry beast waiting to pounce, I fire off 3 more rounds which all plink harmlessly against the hull. The driver scoffs and over the loudspeaker belittles my aim; laughing to himself. The Vodnik turns and careers towards me, but I'm nimble and again jink and side step. As it rushes past me once again I sieze the moment and fire through the front passenger window - but the angle is too obtuse, I sidestep once more and to my glee see the passenger door window is open. With pain trembling hands I bring up my aim and fire - the drivers door window splashes red with blood and fragemnts of skull and the dead driver tumbles out onto the ground calling out to his compatriots in the LittleBird for help " OMG he got me you gotta get down here and help" he wails.

I circle around and then once again pass out. I wake and manage to loot the passenger just as my support arrives. There are more shots as a reckless paratrooper lands near us, I hunker down near a fallen tree shaking with pain and fatigue, shots ring out and with the most painful of ironies a new spawn's Winchester slug ends my life...

There is a bit of mopping up as the new spawn is dispatched and the Vodnik is rolled out of the woods and down to the coast. Within minutes it is back at the factory and the spoils of war are loaded into it...I sit in the back cocooned by steel and armour plate caressing the M4 Holo between my knees as we rumble off up North in search of trouble...

We are not killers, we are actually pretty friendly. Until of course you open fire on us. Don't worry my friend vodnik has been reclamied. Enjoy the loot and as always have nice day.

Some updates to share.

On Friday, I should have my hands on the EU based server to start getting that going.

Just now, I placed an order for a relatively cheap ($135/mo) US based server to replace the struggling/wheezing US based server. I suspect I should have that in my hands by Thursday afternoon to start work on that. Barring any obstruction, I may just have the new US server live and playable by the end of Thursday night.

• Like 9

you have my beans sir. Got the mod installed and ready so just need a free evening and i'll give it a go. By the looks of it though it seems like the best idea to hit dayz in a long time!

Some updates to share.

On Friday, I should have my hands on the EU based server to start getting that going.

Just now, I placed an order for a relatively cheap ($135/mo) US based server to replace the struggling/wheezing US based server. I suspect I should have that in my hands by Thursday afternoon to start work on that. Barring any obstruction, I may just have the new US server live and playable by the end of Thursday night.

God that is so great to hear! Will be looking forward to it for sure!

Looking forward to trying this mod, if paypal would clear, I could buy the game!!!

P.S. Anyone want to loan me the $ to buy it? I'll repay when the funds get to my Paypal.

I want to warn you that there was a bug for me (about 10 minutes ago) , when I couldn't see the barricades on the road and I could pass through them without a problem. My friend at the back seat saw that I'm passing through all kinds of shit. So maybe it was only my issue , but it still "worked". Not all of them was missing from the road though.

I like how most of the players meet here in this thread an share their experiences. Keep that up guys!

Damn! One hell of a story! :)

Bad thing that vodnik stuck in a landing stage. Not even 2 grenades could blew it up. ;)

Ok so who found my limo that I have kept well hidden for the last week and a half?

Oh and the vodnik was really fun to drive, us guys over at BSB had a hell of a time with it last night!

Edited by J.D

Damn , someone just stolen my Vodnik. I left it alone for 2 minutes and I came back for engine noise... If you're reading the forum , please tell me exactly how am I gave away myself? With the PDX or something? :(

Has any of the many owners of the vodnik tried it's amphibious feature yet ?

Yeah , what are you exactly interested in?

First of all...the Vodnik is now well hidden so good luck if u actually stumble upon it......then you will regret stealing MY vehicle! 90% of the gear in there was thrown in by us....and Venz0r....I hope you enjoy ALL my gear.....I get into firefights with guys with MKs, Saws, m4s and the like and survive....but I die from a damn Winchester...and yes I was the driver...I ran you over and saw a death message assuming it was you...butttt...no avail...lol

That was a damn good time....

Some updates to share.

Right on! EU Server ftw!

You say youll get your hand on it friday? Obv the server wont be up by then, but any idea when it will be?

And on that note, I have a camp with a green car and a tent if someone wants it contact me and ill tell you the location, no point me holding onto it (:

First of all...the Vodnik is now well hidden so good luck if u actually stumble upon it......then you will regret stealing MY vehicle! 90% of the gear in there was thrown in by us....and Venz0r....I hope you enjoy ALL my gear.....I get into firefights with guys with MKs, Saws, m4s and the like and survive....but I die from a damn Winchester...and yes I was the driver...I ran you over and saw a death message assuming it was you...butttt...no avail...lol

That was a damn good time....

Actually it's not hidden. I found it and stolen everything from it. It was under a landing stage stuck in 3 fkin log. You are screwed with parking a vehicle. I freed the Vodnik from that shithole you left it and even fully fixed it. Yet someone stole it from me after 2 minutes I finished the fixing. I don't know who the hell was that , but he was a lucky bastard.

question then....where was the location on the map...like townwise that you found it? Cause we put it in a place no one should have found it....

Damn venthos, thats great news for the server. When paypal donation will be in place, I'll be glad to send you a few bucks for you contribution and involvement in making this game so great.

question then....where was the location on the map...like townwise that you found it? Cause we put it in a place no one should have found it....

There isn't a place a person won't find it.